CBS should get rid of the Veto

CasperSabe

I wish that CBS would get rid of the veto. The Veto has become the only way these HG's know how to play.

I remember back in season 2, when Nicole and Sheryl were both nominated, and Nicole had to actively CAMPAIGN to stay.

The HOH could put up two noms, but he or she didn't know for SURE who was going home until the votes had been cast.

Everyone talks about what a great player Janie is because she wins HOH comps and Veto comps all the time. But I will ALWAYS think that Dr. Will is a better player than her, because he doesn't HAVE to win comps to stay in the game, he can just convince people to see his view on things.

It's become clear that these people are TOO well practiced and engrained on how to win these BB games. I think that it would make things much more challenging to go back to the old way of doing things, when there was no veto.

Though I think comps are geared toward certain houseguests, without them it would boring, boring and more boring - at least this way things can turn around. This "all-star" season is more non-interesting than interesting and if we get rid of the unpredictability element then it will be worse than ever.

To the thread starter: You wouldn't happen to not like Janelle - is this the reason why you think vetos are bad?

they could go back to what they did last year: some weeks there would be veto competitions where no one could win the veto, so they couldnt depend on that......

but just getting rid of the veto? come on, everyone here was (and some still are) complaining that all they do is sit around and it was sooooo boring....at least veto is one more thing to watch them do

having different comps is what the game is all about. and it gives the two that are nominated a chance to get off the block. its a nice twist to the game. its always fun to see who goes up after a veto is used. i am guessing if the sov kept winning hoh's then someone would want bb to get rid of the hoh comps too.

last year i hated everytime james won the veto... but its part of the game and its nice when its someone you like that wins the veto and gets to save themselves. :D

cbs need to drop bb all together :):):):)

I dislike Janie, yes.

However -- I feel this way about everybody.

My other pet peeve is that the Houseguests INSIST on honoring the HOH's wishes and almost vote to evict the person the HOH wants, when after noms, or after POV since there is one every bloody week (If they wont get rid of it, they should at least like pre-select weeks where there wont be one before the start of the show so that no one can whine it's not fair) the HOH has zero power.

And my point was that it wouldn't be boring so often if they HAD to fight to keep themselves by means other than POV. I think the POV has kinda made it boring because after the POV comp they all are like well so and so is up and so and so is going home .. and they don't fight any more .. they don't have to fight or campaign for votes .. they all just sit there.

They could have comps without them being to save them from the block.

I agree with you Cas, about honoring the HOH's wishes, but I don't think they should get rid of the veto. If someone is HOH one week, and they make the house mad, and they get put up the next week, because they couldn't compete in the HOH comp, that's their only chance to stay in the house. I'm not talking about Janie, just about anyone who makes the house mad needs a chance to save themselves if there's NO way they can get the votes to stay. JMHO

I agree with you this year. It's getting kinda boring knowing who is going home each week. Of course, it's my own fault for reading live feed blogs. :D They do a pretty good job building suspense on the show itself. But it does seem like someone will get backdoored and the HG's will vote out whom ever the HoH wants. Yawn.

I thought this week was going to be REALLY good, but Janey had to go and win Veto! It would be been interesting to see how that played out. They need to spice it up!

I think they should mix it up and a few pre-determined and well-announced times have no veto comps but replace them with luxury comps. Gives people incentive to play harder if they know they'll win a car or cash.

I didn't like the egg thing during HoH because it gave some people a reason to drop out earlier than maybe they would have.

The interesting thing about BB is that each houseguest has different skills and/or methods of play. Will has and is demonstrating that you don't need to win a single competition to play effectively (and successfully). Janelle demonstrates that if you don't have good negotiating or manipulation skills, you can still save yourself by athletic or other competitive skills. Diane's comment on Housecalls about not stepping up her game because she didn't "have the power" and had to keep a low profile shows that she only had the power to compete, not negotiate and manipulate her situation. Will didn't have any "power" but he was playing very hard in his own manipulative way. George demonstrates that sheer persistence and a willingness to completely humiliate yourself can save your ass. In different scenarios, different houseguests shine. Giving the nominees the chance to save themselves gives another element of anticipation and chance. If they were all like Diane and there was no veto comp., it would be really boring from nomination day to eviction - just floods of tears, whining and hollow threats of how they will step up their game if they survive eviction. It is the houseguests and their motivation that make the game boring (though things are getting more interesting now). Keep the veto and give the nominees a fighting chance and select more players like Will who are more willing to vote against the majority! JMHO!

I agree with *Sunshine* about the game play and how each house guest has their own way of playing.

They need to keep the veto but make it more twists. I think they need to be predetermined though because I really think they show favortism to certain house guests. Some suggestions would be:

Random weeks where there is no veto.

The veto holder gets to name their replacement - boy wouldn't that be a twist.

Everyone to compete for the veto.

HOH could nulify a veto if they agree not to compete in veto the next week.

I think Will is right about how some of the BB should be run. Live isn't live it's a lie - previously recorded for the Pacific time, aren't they in California??? I was watching them on the live feeds one day alreday knew Jase was voted out the day before it aired. I was dissapointed when watching the live feeds and it showed the HOH contest ended before the end of the show but then it didn't air until Sunday. It's like everything is 2 days behind and it takes them too long to edit it.

I think they could do the editing and competitions much faster and it would make it alot more interesting. I get tired of hearing about the gas. If Howie was in any other work place he would be brought up on Sexual Harassment Charges. There really is something wrong with him, I'm sad to say.

They skew the show so much. How touching it was for Marci to give up his Slop pass to George. Yeah, right - the only reason he gave it up was because Dani told him that she would put him up if he didn't. I also think he may have realized that probably his popularity would drop if he didn't, though it has anyway.

I don't think the houseguests realize yet what they have really gotten themselves into. I think the flames are the clue to the twist which is a BB Hell, and a punishment theme. I think they will be turning up the heat and making them much more miserable by the end of the game. But I think that they will wait till sequester to really turn up the heat and when they really spring the trap.

Archived