Taylor Hale

bb24_04_800x1000.jpg

Name: Taylor Hale
Hometown: Detroit, Mich.
Current City: Detroit, Mich.

CBS.com

To vilify Taylor for making a bad joke during group chat and being in beauty pageants is wrong.  After watching four hours of live feed last night, I felt sick.  It's going to be one of those season where all the houseguests shun the person before eviction. 

Maybe. But it is true that Taylor has made little effort to bond with the girls. 

I also think that Paloma is one of those who needs to create a rationalization to justify a her target. It's not strategic reasoning, it's an excuse. What it really means is that Paloma is jealous that Taylor may have the ears of the guys and not her. She wants to be the queen bee and have the men working for her without realizing it and she can't do that as long as Taylor has their attention.

Taylor should have been more self aware that she was spending too much time and attention with the guys. But I still like her -- I just think she is in need of adapting to the house. Outside the house, she probably doesn't have to put out much effort to talk to others, but in the BB house she's being sized up differently. She really needs to do some fast adjusting.

I don't think that was really a crime. I think that Paloma had already decided she wasn't a Girls' Girl and that was just a justification, along with pagaent girls are fake and Taylor is targeting her. It was all in Paloma's mind. Unfortunately, it appears the Curse of Paloma will outlast her as Jasmine seems on board for targeting her.

1 hour ago, Fuskie said:

Unfortunately, it appears the Curse of Paloma will outlast her as Jasmine seems on board for targeting her.

I don't really understand why. What problem does Jasmine have with Taylor? Or, is she just looking for an easy target to avoid actually having to play the game (less blood on her hands)?

I would like to see more of Taylor to learn how she might adapt or strategize going forward. I think she's been dealt a bad hand based on sheer jealousy from the other girls.

Same excuse Paloma had - she's not a Girls' Girl. But officially, Pooch is the target beaus she really wants to even the numbers. Pooch volunteered to be the pawn to get Taylor out, but the numbers appear to be ever in her favor, not his.

Taylor does have some support in Nicole and Michael, but she is totally unaligned. Even Terrance wants her out and he's also unaligned. But he's just going with what he thinks the house wants.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing that I can see (but I don't have live feeds). To me, they hate on her 1) because she is a totally confident and strong woman who stands her ground and doesn't just glob in with the women on the basis of their being women. 2) she's an easy target.

She didn't do anything on live feeds. Paloma and the other girls just decided they didn't like her and made her their primary target. The rest of the house bought into it without knowing (or asking) why. They just took it as fact that Taylor was bad.

• 1 month later...

Would you be concerned that she would be seen as being given the title because she was bullied early on and survived rather than earning it on her own merits? To a degree, while she was on the block a lot, she was also protected by her alliance and didn't have to (and didn't) do much. Even during her one HoH, she changed her target 3 times and her insistance on targeting Alyssa and lying to her own allliance member ultimately led to Kyle feeling he was on the outs, which led to Joe's eviction and Michael playing the race card.

I like Taylor and definitely think she was treated extremely unfairly early on. Turner was instrumental along with Kyle in turning that around and helping to change the dynamic.

But do I think she deserves to win this season? No. That's not to say that she won't ultimately win. But I don't think she's earned it.