Ideas and Wishful Thinking

Guest ranster627

yes I do :!:

I know I would play harder for a million dollars ... and would deal with my morals later! I would have money for all the apologies I might have to make! :oops:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people would play the game harder and they would be more involved with that much more at stake.

You know .. money is a strange thing if you think about it. On one hand a million dollars is a lot of money .. on the other hand .. celebrities blow through it like there is no tomorrow .. they frequently spend in 2 hours shopping what I make in an entire year ..

Kinda makes you think why people are so willing to push their morals aside for a million dollars..

Not that I am saying there is anything wrong with your potenital game play randster .. lol just kinda commenting on people in general.

Guest ranster627

For me, a million dollars would be lifetime security and a dozen new wheelchairs ... LOL ... even I wouldn't like the animal I might become ... then again, it is easy for me to say here, who knows what I would do if placed in the real situation.

As much as I like to think I would play a pure game, I have just seen too many houseguests start that way, only to turn ... :wink:

To be honest though alot of the previous contestants have been playing for the $50,000 - doing whatever neccessary to get into the final two, even eliminating their chance of winning $500,000 rather than risking going home with nothing.

As I said in opening this thread, I do think having the jackpot begin at $1,000,000 - but fall each time they fail a special "Jackpot challenge" would work well.

You could also have the obligatory Big Brother bribe one week in which HMs are offered a guaranteed cash prize, but the prize being deducted off the jackpot.

I can understand why producers go for the younger cast... as scottishtxn says above it's all about ratings (which means MONEY).

As we have seen in the past the older guys that have come in have been more strategic about how they play. Which I guess some find more boring but, I actually like the "smart" players that try to work the people to win the game. (ie, Nakomis and the "six finger" plan... brilliant :idea: :!: :!: :!:

What bothers me is that the older players they do bring in... Older Men = fat, ugly, (exception Jack... he was at least fit.) They tend to use their brain to try and win. BUT, the Older Women = hot for teacher babes that fulfill the whole Mrs. Robinson fantasy.

I want a "Survivor Tom" on BB and a housewife that hasn't had a boob job... LOL :lol:

Guest Numfar
I think most people would play the game harder and they would be more involved with that much more at stake.

If you're not playing hard for half a million, then I can't see how upping it to a million would inspire 'more' effort.

I would love to see more "older" people on the show... I would also like to see more than one gay person and have both female and male... Follow Survivor's lead a little... And tell me what's wrong with having more than one minority on the show at a time, yes I know there was June and what was her ex's name? Anyho you know what I mean... The only reason there were the two of them was because of the X-Factor thing... I think that the unfit may be at a disadvantage for the competitions, but thay don't have to always win them to win the game... Anyway that's my thought's... LOL for what they're worth...

Yana

Guest ranster627

I couldn't agree more ... I also find it weird that we only get one or two african-americans on the show each season ... why is that? I would like to know what the percentages of minorities are that apply and compare that with what is reflected ... I find it hard to believe that minority populations are not applying ...

I think they would do much better casting this show, if they stuck to real people, with jobs outside the entertainment industry. Put on people who really want to be on the show and play the game. Not people who look at BB as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

I don't like it when there is such an overwhelming number of young singles. But I also wouldn't like it if it were a bunch of old marrieds either. It shouldn't be that tough, should it? Just mix it up a little!

Guest ranster627

Survivor seems to mix it up quite well, as far as age is concerned anyway, and their ratings are just fine!

Who wouldn't want all the $ they could get, last year in the first of the challanges who took the $ instead of I think it was food for the house. I might be wrong about the exact. But, she took the $ without a second thought.

• 2 weeks later...

What if the prize for winning a competition the HG could choose anything they wanted to do for 10 minutes. Without leaving the lot. If you were a HG what would you choose?

I would choose to listen to a portion of somebody's diary room entry.

I would want to talk to my family and/or get online....I'd be having withdrawls by then!! :shock:

Mouse... good thinking.

If I had 10 minutes I'd first have to spend it with my children BUT, if they didn't let us have human contact... I would have to say

10 minutes at mortystv.com, Big Brother Forum, cecimom thread... hee hee (or maybe the thread I felt was my biggest competitor... :wink:

Guest Janice

How are they going to deal with the extra elimination. The show is gonna take the same time running and we have 14 people instead of 13. Is there going to be an elimination on the first night?

I hope not !!

There is speculation that since the table has only 13 place settings that it is possible..

But I look at it this way. How many times are all 13 people gonna eat together? And during the 1st nomination ceremony you only need 13 seats.

I guess we will see

Guest ranster627

they say there is a secret bedroom and if they don't find it ... well ... LOL!

I believe there is an eviction the first night!

Isn't there an HOH competition shortly after they arrive in the house? That would explain why 3 people would be out of luck out of the 14. The HOH would be in the HOH room. I don't think there is going to be an eviction the first night. Welcome to the house, now leave? Weak IMO. I just think that 3 people need to find the secret room. Also the HOH usually eats up in their room so 14 chairs aren't needed around the table. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. :P