Dan - Week 11 - Winner!

CeCiMom

I always thought that Dan played the game just like a skilled coach with each move well thought out and planed. He is one of the smartest players to ever play the game. He was such an outcast in the beginning of the game and had to play the game as a weak person that is not threat. If he did not throw comps I imagine he could hold the record of comps won.

Anyway go Dan! I love your humor and the fun you brought to the game. You were amazing to watch.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That article while very nice, is not totally true, or at any rate I do not see Dan in the shining light everyone else seems to see him in, I dissagree with parts of the article, and this border line adortion has me shaking my heard, there are so many others that I found more enjoyable to watch, I found Dans antics and drama downright annoying. I do not think there is one thing that Dan did in this game that I found humerous, I found this whole seaosn a snooze.

Sugar it is sooo wet here that even the sidewalks are flooded, huge water puddles in front of my house, you know how it floods here, so it is worrisome, we are definately caught up

Dan played a good game and I hope he wins over Memphis.....not to down-play Dan, but he was in a house with some pretty stupid people.

jmho :pixiedust:

Dan did play a good game, but Im with fatcat, totaly not a Dan supporter, I dont see whats so special about him.

He was struggling with the airplane, if Memphis wouldnt have givin it to Dan he wouldnt have won round one but he still would be where he is because he would have won against Jerry and Memphis in the final. I knew Mem wouldnt win the last one but I was hoping just so Dan would be put in his place a bit, I cant wait for Memphis to watch the tapes and see how bad his buddy Dan made him look.

Ok ok it sounds like Im a Mempis supporter, Im not, I dont care for either one of them and though we know the obvious winner I couldnt care less which one wins it.

Sugar, FatCat hope you stay safe from that storm down there! You girls should have paid attention when Danny Boy was giving those Swimming Club Meetings!

Hi, SCW. Although it's hard to tell, Dan could well be dealing with either a pea shooter or a pencil that been over sharpened!!!! I would imagine whatever is down there has to be infected with bacteria/fungi from wearing the same dirty pants day in and day out.

Have any of you guys noticed on last night's feeds, both Dan and Memphis are talking like they are both taking home $500,000 each? Stuff like, "I'm putting all my money in the bank and make sure it's safe" etc.

Also re: Dan and Monica. OK, Dan is a good Catholic...but isn't Monica Lewinski jewish? Just asking...LOL!!!

Hi Len :animated_wave: where's SHIPP been hiding? Here's a question for you len. Would a person who puts their religion first even come on the BB game? If you're not suppose to lie, or cheat, or streal, why would you do it on pupouse? Can you be a true christian, catholic or whateve you call yourself if you are DELIBERATLY doing those things? See you have confession for things you do by mistake. You ask for forgiveness for things you didn't mean to do and ask for help to not do them again. So even though it's a game isn't he deliberately doing wrong on a daily basis with the cop out of oh i'll go to confession when I get out? hmmmm. Your honest opinion.

I think some people see it as they are just playing a game, and that it has nothing to do with their faith. That what they are doing isn't bad, it is just a game nothing more. I would think someone who follows their religion to the core would not subject themselves to the ridicule or shame they might bring to their loved ones or themselves by any wrongs that they may do. If you are teaching kids that it's wrong to lie, cheat, betray or hurt others than do it yourself, I would say you are a hypocrite. Is putting aside your religion for money the right thing to do? I'm not one to judge, but it's up to the individual and their own faith AND relationship with God to determine that. Some will say it's wrong it's just a game and religion has nothing to do with it. Others will say, if you were a true Christian, or Catholic you wouldn't put yourself in that situation to begin with. To each their own. Like they say you have to live with yourself, I don't.

I agree with you on that. The basic thing Christ taught, generally speaking, was to never be intentionally cruel to others. Since this game is based on getting "blood money" and thereby makes you "greedy". Probably it would be better to just keep your beliefs to yourself. But I could not live with myself like when Memphis gets rid of Renny and then Keesha when they had planned on all making F4. I think any F4 group knows two of them will not make F2. They should just agree after getting to F4, "OK, guys, it's all about winning comps." Renny and Keesha would not have beat Dan/Memphis.

But no, I could never be on this show. For one thing, my wife and I enjoy our lives together. She does her thing with her friends, I do writing, reading. And living with a bunch of strangers, without her, would make me more cantankerous than Jerry! Also everyone in BB house gets paranoid and sees plots that aren't there. So I really would come off like an idiot. If I feel disliked or misunderstood I like to clear the air. Like after being around Libra's first madfit, I would have been on her like a duck on a Junebug! I don't mind being attacked myself, but whenever I see someone being bullied, I gear into Dudley Dooright mode. Maybe if I had my own BR and my own bathroom, I could handle it. But still as much as I can always use money, it is just not a price I'd be willing to pay.

Re: Shipp. I think Shipp is shooting a new cartoon for Warner Bros...LOL! Either Shipp is asleep or YIKES at work...

Re: Libra yelling: My favorite moment early on BB was when Libra and Jerry got into it and April was laying there crying like a five year old. Big, tough, trash talkin' April is a crybaby.

The look on her face lastnight when Keesha walked in, WOW utter distain she has for Keesha. You can tell the producers were making Keesha talk right then and there because there is no way you could see the hate those people had, and still talk to them. Renny was looking great though. My favorite time has moment has got to be Jesse getting evicted. As much as I dislike Dan, Jesse takes the cake. The fact he didn't see it coming was even better. That was great.

Jessie will always be that 98 lb weakling. Michelle used him as an ally. But admitted there was no "romantic" thing. Dim witted Michelle has enough sense to know when a man doesn't dig her...or any other woman! Jessie was really bad. The funny part is, eventually he will stop working out and start eating fattening food and turn into another Memphis! Did you guys notice how fat his upper arms look now? He said he was 230 now. The pix he uses is from when he was 170. I'll bet he's hitting 250 now.

And I love that both Memphis and Dan think they will both win the big money!!!

Personally, I'm not a Dan fan...........turned off when he wanted not only to outsmart Ollie but the way he really wanted to throw it in his face (even Memphis had more scruples and tried to talk him out of it)..........told me all I needed to know about "Dan the man"

BUT, it has nothing to do with his religion..............I wondered throughout the game, why he felt he had to make such a big deal out of being Catholic............for me, that question was answered last night when he told Memphis that he hoped "St. Mary's" would not fire him, no matter what they thought about his actions because he had gone SO far in promoting them (wearing the St. Mary's shirt every day) and they should be grateful. From a teacher and a Catholic standpoint, I never met a Catholic school teacher who applied to a Catholic school before they had been turned down by the public school systems in their area.

IMO, St. Mary's will see what everyone without blinders has seen...........Dan is not someone who should be coaching children at any school (I say this from the experience of having lived with 2 sports coaches at high school and college level) "winning" is not everything............."promotion" is not everything............I have a brother who walked away from a lucrative career as a college coach because he would not allow his integrity to be dictated by alumni.............we need more people in this world to stand up and do the same(he went on to a lucrative career in another field, good people, do win).............I'm off track and I apologize

My only point is, do not make Dan out to be some angel..............he used being Catholic.............he wore the same shirt every day to try to make sure that no matter what he did, St. Mary's would forgive him because of the promotion and he said so, last night. The Catholic Church has been a big part of my life for many years..............I've become a realist but not a fool.

Obviously, he played the game right, because he's in the final 2.................but, IMO, I wish Dan had never claimed to be a Catholic.

I think that no matter who went up against Dan that he would win. I think they vote on who played the best and myabe put their bitterness aside. If they use their brain and think to themselves it's a game and who played the best then yeah I guess he did he's there and they aren't. Memphis had almost as much as a free ride as Jerry and if Jerry were in the final 2 I wouldnt give it to him just because I hated dan more. I would give it to who played the game. I think anyone who is voting off of game play would admit Dan played it better. Still hate the fokker but it is what it is.

YES! Memphis did look fat lastnight. I like big men my husbands is 6'2 250 but he's an ex football player and just a big muscle guy. Memphis had flab going on everywhere. The dude is not atractive and his personality make him even uglier it really does. I think some people have a game personality I think Memphis is really this dull , boring and pathatic in real life.

IF BB was played by faith based people, it would be a boring game and no one would watch it.jmo I'm catholic and LOVE Dan! Yes, it is a choice if and how you play the game. If any of my son's teachers were on this show, I would applaud them for trying and making it on the show, even if I didn't like how they played the game. I see it as a game, only a game so to each his own, and I'll have to agree to disagree with some on here. jmo

I heard at least 3 other people on the show state that they were also Catholic..........they didn't "use it", they didn't wear a t-shirt for promotion, thinking it would impress their bosses and excuse their actions.................

THAT was the point.

So, it would be OK with you for someone to teach your children it's OK to lie, cheat, and backstab to earn money? Then that is your choice. I think you're missing the point. A couple of people are saying if you put your religion first then you wouldn't be there in the first place. If money is more important then your faith then you will. Some people are part time Christian, Catholics or whichever. Some, are full time and won't sway when it comes to money, family or their beliefs. If I saw some Catholic teacher or my childrens on-line playing for money and going against everything biblical that he is teaching, then there is no way I would let them stay. You can't vote Republican and be a Democrat. It's one or the other. JMO

And, it's everyones right to agree and disagree with everyone. That's what makes these boards exciting.

Hi, SCW!! Hey I'm not as skinny as I used to be either. I'd love to lose back to my highschool weight of 140 lbs. But I would look like dude man on "Tales from the Crypt." As we age, a little extra weight keeps you looking younger. My 90 year old uncle is built about like your husband and like your hubby he's just big, not fat and he played football way back when (my dad, his brother used to joke, "Your Uncle Robert played football before they wore helmets!!!)

But Memphis thinks he's still this trim looking dude. I think he will be dissatisfied when he sees himself in the last few weeks. Ever notice how Memphis is always staring dreamingly into the mirror like he's looking at Tom Cruise. But then so does Dan. I guess they could be Laurel (the skinny shorter guy) and Hardy (the taller heavier guy.) Obviously, Dan would have to be the funny one!!! Memphis needs to not get much heavier as he ages!

And re: Memphis/Dan's plans to go to Vegas...not a good place to go when you just won a bunch of money!!!!

Someone's personality really does make or break them. Most men think Pamela Anderson is hot, I don't. She has no class and is a wack job. Most men don't like women with a few extra pounds, where as I do. Memphis is less then perfect and his attitude isn't helping him. Where as you find me a woman who is less then perfect, but has a great personality and she will win hands down over one who is Model material, but dumb as rocks. People fail to realize how important personality really is. I feel for his GF. But then again, she knows what she got herself into.

so is missouri really MISERY right now?

Oh yes Swatcops wife, so much misery. It is soooo humid and wet right now it is only 70 degrees and feels so much worse because of the wet, it is just hanging in the air, I am wearin shorts to my other job this afternoon and a t-shirt because of the miugginess,lol lucky I can do that , no tie today,lol

I do not know about the religion part of any of this, but I will say that I find it weird that Dan was sooo afraid of doing anything to hurt his reputation by the way he acted on this game, well, this is a Cheesy reality show and just by going on it in the first place speaks volumes to me, why would an upstanding catholic boy who is a coach even take the chance by even being asscoiated to this show at all?? Hey we love the show, but would I go on it??? I don't think so especially if I was young and starting out my career, just sayin

FATCAT- True. It's all about what you have to lose as opposed to gaining. If you can afford to be seen in a different light whether it's how you truly are or not, then more power to you. I don't think they should tell us what these people do for job and what groups, or clubs they belong to. Let them just be people on a reality game show and let us decide how we feel and not let what they do in their real life sway us. That way them, nor us can judge them in that way and it would be exactly what it is.. A show on CBS that is for entertainment and fun. When you put religion, politics or PETA into something that is suppose to be fun, then it takes a whole other direction for people to be judgemental. On TV, I think it's better to be liked for what you AREN"T then for what you ARE.....

My boyfriend is Catholic and in law enforcement. He has to lie all the time for his job. Part of his investigations consist of manipulating people and getting information and having to lie.

He is a really good Catholic and strong in his faith. I could not ask for a better person in my life. :lol:

Thank God he has a wonderful sense of humor too.

just sayin

Goooooooo Dan.

Okay, I was in the shower and got a little silly thinking about DanDan noodles (yeah, I'm jonesing for some Chinese food), so I got to thinking, as a Dan Fan, what are my favorites (kinda like those annoyng emails you get asking you all your faves). So here are a few - if you're a fan and want to add some, jump on in. If you hates you some Dan, which is your preroggative, then you might want to stop reading now.....

Favorite food ----- DanDan Noodles

Favorite narcotic----------PercoDAN

Favorite music group-----Steely DAN

Favorite show -------------DANcing with the Stars

Favorite car ---------------seDAN

Hey, I warned you it was silly, but it's the shower rantings of a madwoman, okay? Carry on!!!

I find full figured women very sexy, especially as they get a few more years on them. I like Renny fine, and she is naturally a skinny person, which is fine. But a larger woman to me are just as beautiful. And I would love to be as small as I was in high school. But that is mostly because my main workout involved wearing a speedo and swimming several miles three times a week. I've got a little extra weight around the belly but I can't swim in one of those long type trunks Dan wears...I swim fast and before I've done one lap they start sliding off!!! Wonder if a pair of suspenders would work? LOL!!!

But I've been so p.oed. at Memphis lately I find it fun to point out his inconsistences. He brags about being a model, yet when you see his model shots he looks very different, especially in the last couple of weeks. I'm sure in person he would look a lot thinner. (Another reason I would never go on TV!)

Archived