Dan - Week 11 - Winner!

CeCiMom

I so agree with that Sam, it is like ok Memphis works in Restaurants and nightclubs which because people really do not understand that that truly is a real way to make a living( Iknow cause it is my real job) so he can more easily get away with bein on a cheesy game show, that is why he wants to be called the new term"mixologist", because he is doing table side service and not just tending bar, but also to point out that his work is not low life (he may be)lol, but then with Dan if you have to uphold certain standards and you do not have yrs under your belt and have not achieved a place where you can just tell whoever to bite it, then I question his whole thing of even going on there, it is a mean and spiteful game, and to play nice is not possible really, so I say just call a spade a spade, say and be who the hell you really are, and leave all the other stuff outside the door of the BB house.

Sugar you are very clever,lolol

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"this season is filled with the most idiots in bb history

so to say dan is the best is laughable when he was up against...."

I understand and agree that this was a season of shortsighted, myopically self-focused, loose cannon players.

There are always at least two ways of looking at any situation.

Morsel for Ponderance 1: If Einstein were randomly locked in a house with Dumb & Dumber ... it would be ridiculous to say that his I.Q. and abilities drop because of who shares the breakfast cereal.

Morsel for Consideration 2: People die more often from other people's stupidity and ignorance rather than their briliance. In this game and Survivor the same is true. The knockouts come at times from keen strategy; other times they come from sheer luck of the draw circumstantially, or even from someone else's sheer idiocy.

(Incidentally, I'm so glad Ollie confessed his biggest mistake was letting his heart get involved with the game. SUCKA! -- If he'd kept the Jerry-Dan-Bryan-Ollie alliance for a few weeks instead of "Celebrating Spring" who knows what could have happened. At least he'd be able to say he did more than the midnight shift to stay in the game.)

Morsel for Cogitation 3: Regardless of idiocy level, the unfolding of season events shows that Dan was often targeted, since the end of Week 1. And as a Dan fan from that time, I can assure you I was on the edge of my seat often, wondering how he'd wriggle his way out of talon and beakdive view time and again.

For contrast, how many weeks did Ollie have without ever being put on the block?

We're lucky: Unlike silent Memphis, Dan actually shared play by play his strategies with the camera. And practically every one of them worked out. Some were way too ballsy for me to have pulled off.

I think he'd have had far more fun with better players in the game but it doesn't make his game soggy. He was often in target practice zone and he dodged many bullets.

what bothered me is that Memphis puts Keesha down for her job. Why is the pot calling the kettle black??

Dan seems like a nicer person than Memphis but that's just my opinion.

I don't think they should tell us what these people do for job and what groups, or clubs they belong to.

It wasn't CBS who tried to promote Dan as a Catholic.......HE did

My boyfriend is Catholic and in law enforcement. He has to lie all the time for his job. Part of his investigations consist of manipulating people and getting information and having to lie.

PULEEZE...........Marty, you are NOT comparing what your boyfriend does for the good of society to what Dan has done on BB...............tell me you are not that far gone on this "dude" :animated_rotfl:

Favorite food ----- DanDan Noodles

Favorite narcotic----------PercoDAN

Favorite music group-----Steely DAN

Favorite show -------------DANcing with the Stars

Favorite car ---------------seDAN

Hated Allergy- DANder

Hated Movie - DAN in real life

Hated Car Driver- DANica Patrick

:D All in good fun....I actually thought yours was funny.

subbing :hide: :hide:

jmho

ummmmm LV

Hometown: Dearborn, MI

Marital Status: Single

Dan attended Michigan State University and earned a Master's Degree in Kinesiology. He is currently working as a teacher in an all boys Catholic school.

CBS DID Telll us

Sorry Sam...........you do NOT have to BE Catholic to work in a Catholic school..............that's all CBS said............many teachers who are starting out get a job in a Catholic school when they can't get hired in the public school system.

Sorry Sam...........you do NOT have to BE Catholic to work in a Catholic school..............that's all CBS said............many teachers who are starting out get a job in a Catholic school when they can't get hired in the public school system.

Ain't that some chit?

I think that is an unfair representation of Catholic schools. Most are very selective - they do charge tuition, you know! So why would they hire what you are implying are sub-standard teachers? Wouldn't exactly bring people crashing down the doors to PAY to go there, ya think?

Ain't that some chit?

I'm a Catholic...........and a retired school teacher............no "chit".............Catholic school teachers are ridiculously underpaid..........I was lucky and never had to go that route...........but have 3 family members that had to do it.

One, stayed............she truly is a great person who put her religion over her own financial needs.

SHE is NOT sub standard..............I hope I did not imply that..............but it is true that they pay less...........Catholic schools used to be run by nuns who got paid NOTHING!............I'm a product of Catholic schools, I am not dissing them...............but, being a retired public school teacher, the thing Catholic or ANY other private school has going for it is that they can PICK their students...........they don't tolerate the gang bangers............they can "expel" the kids who sit in the classroom preventing others from learning.

The female in my family who teaches in Catholic school, could NEVER have taught in public school..............for any amount of money............we discuss it often. Being called a b****, having things thrown at you, being physically attacked by a child who gets "transferred"............comes at a cost.

I've always admired the standards of Catholic Schools. And they usually do charge tuition. Maybe in the old days, the teachers were mostly Nuns and/or Priest, like "Going My Way" or "The Bells of St. Mary's" both with Bing Crosby (and one with Ingrid Bergman as nun). I hope the modern Catholic teachers get some kind of medical/retirement funds.

Heek, speaking of rivers, how 'bout

The Blue Danube?

Or. For Freudians out there... perhaps you are in Dan-ial?

If he wants a tasteless showname, he can rename himself: Danzyl Renegade.

If he wants to market a new energy drink, he can call it P.O.D. ("Power of Dan")

If he wants a swimsuit line, it can be Dannabong "Wash-It-Once, Wear it Forever"

If he wants to open a chinese snack shop in Ypsilanti, he can call it, House of Dan Sum.

Write a kid's book? Green Eggs and Dan.

I hope the modern Catholic teachers get some kind of medical/retirement funds.

They have come far enough to give medical..............but, not retirement, at least not where one of my family members has been working an faithful for over 30 years...............if anyone thinks I am dissing them, so untrue..............just know that in the old days, they taught out of conviction and now a days, have met many young people who just use it as a stepping stone.

I'm so excited that Dan is going to win this thing!!! 1st year I've EVER had a person I've rooted for get to the end.

Not sure who said it earlier but, I agree. Dan is the BEST player to have ever played BB.

I've been rooting for Dan since week 1, Memphis since week 3. And, I was sooo happy when the teamed up Week 4. :animated_bouncy:

You can't judge a book by it's cover has been very apparent to me this season. Couldn't stand Dan from his pre-interviews and it cracks me up that ended up liking him and his game play better than anyone else.

GO DAN!!!

I like Dan better than I thought I would. I heard he was this staunch Republican yet he wisely kept his mouth shut about politics and showed that Repubs, just like Democrats, can be nice and funny individually. Maybe if Dan had played down the religious stuff, other HGs would not have used that to make him a target.

Archived