Dan - Week 11 - Winner!

CeCiMom

I'm so glad Dan has gone this far. I think he played a great game, and a GAME it is!!!! Memphis is a pig IMO......he didn't play a good game, he got lucky. I just read many good posts and to point out a few that I agree with. LenRay #85, SWatCopsWife #89, YosemiteSam #99 Great Post!!!, Fatcat #101 PERFECT!!!, Vesper #107 You are so right!!!! I also enjoy UVP's posts!!! I enjoy reading alot of the posts. I think some of you are very good, with great insight. I have my favorites, I can always count on them to post something to really make you think. Thanks to all of you. I was just wondering, if Dan does win the 500,000 and he has won the 20,000 won't his winnings actually be more like 514,000? I read winnings are deducted from their stipend, so, if his stipend is say $6000, won't they deduct that from his winnings???? Memphis won the car. If Memphis wins $50,000 will they put a price on the car and deduct that from his stipend? Now, if America's Choice wins $25,000 won't they lose all of the stipend? One more thing April and the gold bars and the clothes, will her stipend be less too? I'm just not real clear about winnings v stipends. It seems like CBS gets the best deal here!!!! CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP comes to mind. Thanks to anyone that can clear this up for me.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hate the lil Rat Bastard. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express lasnight

That's funny, Sam!!!

BTW, last night on feeds I read Memphis told Dan: "Man, I hope Keesha doesn't get drunk at the Wrap Party. I'm gonna have to keep Ashley away from her!"

Ah, Earth to Memphis: Ashley probably has 24/7 feeds so she know the deal. A guy scared of this skinny little girl! That only happens in true love, right Sam? I think Keesha could care less. He ought to be more leery of Renny!!!

I hope the girls do rub it in if Memphis only gets $50,000!!!

I'm so glad Dan has gone this far. I think he played a great game, and a GAME it is!!!! Memphis is a pig IMO......he didn't play a good game, he got lucky. I just read many good posts and to point out a few that I agree with. LenRay #85, SWatCopsWife #89, YosemiteSam #99 Great Post!!!, Fatcat #101 PERFECT!!!, Vesper #107 You are so right!!!! I also enjoy UVP's posts!!! I enjoy reading alot of the posts. I think some of you are very good, with great insight. I have my favorites, I can always count on them to post something to really make you think. Thanks to all of you. I was just wondering, if Dan does win the 500,000 and he has won the 20,000 won't his winnings actually be more like 514,000? I read winnings are deducted from their stipend, so, if his stipend is say $6000, won't they deduct that from his winnings???? Memphis won the car. If Memphis wins $50,000 will they put a price on the car and deduct that from his stipend? Now, if America's Choice wins $25,000 won't they lose all of the stipend? One more thing April and the gold bars and the clothes, will her stipend be less too? I'm just not real clear about winnings v stipends. It seems like CBS gets the best deal here!!!! CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP comes to mind. Thanks to anyone that can clear this up for me.

Sorry Haze I don't know the answer to those. But you are right if anything does get deducted CBS is cheap. I think they should get their stipend and the winnings. It's crap if they don't.

LEN- Keesha would whoop Ashleys azzzzz I think. Her and her 5'6" legs can prolly kick high. I don't think she's going to hate Memphis that much. If she really thinks about it, he played the game, what they were both there to do. Ya know? I mean I know she must harbor some resentment but he did do what he needed to do to win. Sucks, but the way it works. But now if there is a chick fight they better film it!

I never noticed her so called "cankles" but Keesha could whup April and Ashley. Memphis is so crazy to be afraid of her. She's even sounding not as bitter about Memphis in SH while April is still boiling because Keesha helped get rid of her a month ago!!! Apparently, April's twin sister must the the "nice twin".

OMG, Len.............give me the line about trying to "get out" and being "pulled back in"...........I'm awful at remembering quotes\\\\unless I can copy and paste

but, I'm feeling it

"Everytime you think you're getting out, they pull you back in." (close to it anyways) Al Pacino - Godfather III. And though one of my favorite all time movies is Godfather I and II, GF III is one of the worse cinematic pieces of crap to ever been produced. JMHO!

As for Dan....

the red chuckles are my favorite!

I find Dan to be; witty, charming, intelligent, human (made some mistakes, like the PoV speech) self aware, didn't take himself too seriously or others personally in a GAME. If you seen me post in other seasons... NOTHING irks me more than a house guest using religion to play this game. I appreciated Dan even more so that he didn't do that. I know many of you disagree with that assessment and I respect that.

What I saw was Dan being himself, a religious man playing a non-religious game. He reminded me of Kaysar in that he didn't use his belief system as a sword to cut others down (aka Natalie, Jameka, Amber, twins, etc.)

He didn't want to interject the bible into the game at all, as far as I saw. Yes, he did have the Bible for his own personal reading material like Sharon last season. (She also brought religion in the house on a personal level and not as weapon like Natalie.) I appreciated that he was still a "Christian" when he could be and didn't deny anyone else that had an interest in discussing the bible. I thought he tried as hard as he could to not to interject religion on anyone else or their game. For example, swearing on the bible was at Renny's insistence. Bottom line is... BB is a game and he did what he had to do to get through that week.

The other house guests spouted off about him being a Catholic School teacher and they perceived that meant he should and would play the game a certain way... big mistake to think you can't be both a Christian and a good game player, in a game that has NO rules.

For me, Dan balanced both... his own personal Christian values are who he is as a person and not who he is as a player in a game of deceit, backstabbing, lying. He stayed true to those that he felt where both loyal to him and those that would help him advance in the game. From week 1 we saw him keep his word to Brian. That was a decision on a personal level and a game level. One which probably allowed Memphis to trust Dan once they made their alliance.

Anyways, as always... jmo. Disagreeing with me is expected and respected. :)

Well Said Ceci! I thought the 9-1 vote was significant as well. It made me notice him!

Two suggestions I would make (for what they're worth) :)

1. Go back and watch some of the earlier episodes such as those from week 2, 3 & 4! Pay attention to Dan's DR sessions and here him talk about modifying his gameplay. He came into season 10 with a plan that he quickly recognized he needed to abandon!

2. Go read the blogs of all the HOH's this season! Pay particular attention to Dan's and see if you see a good person in there!

The feeds are really not worth watching right now, so take some time to revisit the early part of this season again. I'm soooooo looking forward to hearing about what some of these questions are, and I can't wait to see how the vote comes out!

No matter the outcome though . . . . I've enjoyed this season, and I'm not afraid to say so! I think it stands well on it's own merits!

:cheers: Slainte :faint:

Thanks, Ginger, I just got back and was looking all over. I guess Memphis and Dan will star in the next "Godfather" edition. Memphis won't even need the marbles in his cheeks to play a young Marlon Brando. And I guess Dan will be Pacino!

Sounds like you and the Mrs. can use a personal shopper.

Actually I am her personal errand boy. She'd never entrust me to pick out clothes for her. A gift certificate, yes. But we do little things for one another and always maintain our sense of humor.

Ok just found it, both finalist will not receive the stripend pay. They really don't have to deduct the stripend pay because according to the rules, a check is not issued until after the last airing of the last show.

Which really sucks for those whose families count on the contestants paycheck.

Memphis won't even need the marbles in his cheeks to play a young Marlon Brando.
:animated_rotfl:

Thanks. Since we didn't have kids (wish we had now) on occasion she will be with the "out laws" and I will spend time with "the good guys"...we both enjoy to pursue our own interests on our on...absence makes the heart grow fonder, but I could never be away for the length BB takes...although I'd only be gone a week. But each couple just needs to share what they love in terms of hobbies without smothering one another. This being said, we personally would never "swing"...like April and Ollie will be!!! And we were married in the late 70s, but were non conformists then and now!

Ok just found it, both finalist will not receive the stripend pay. They really don't have to deduct the stripend pay because according to the rules, a check is not issued until after the last airing of the last show.

It says this on the update page listed under "stats":

"Each guest is paid a week salary of $750 a week. If a HG wins, their salary is deducted from the prize money."

I wonder if it pertains to F1 or F1 and runner-up. Also, any AC prizes would be considered a win, too.

Archived