Realplayer - Help/Discussion Thread

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite sure -- maybe my Real Player is just messing up -- but I think my live feeds have been timing out. I was going to time it, but I forgot. But it just stops... it shows what was on the last screen... and it's stopped.

I was under the impression that the live feeds no longer timed out.

If my feeds ARE timing out, is there any free sofeware anyone can suggest to keep them from timing out?

Thanks a lot.

Are you pissed off at a lack of easy volume control as we go? Always turning it up for conversations and then jumping to turn it down at the damn theme song... Me too!

Google "Volumouse" and get the free program. (PCWorld magazine approved)

Problem solved, at least faster! ;)

Today, we've been getting the error where the nice lady says "We're sorry, but the Big Brother live stream you are trying to access is temporarily unavaliable. Please try again later." I've seen this once or twice before, and I'm starting to think it's a computer-by-computer thing, not a feed thing as a whole.

Sure, we usually all get it at the same time. So it's probably something that Real or CBS initiates.

However, I've noticed that I'm getting the live feeds fine, but then when I switch feeds, I get the error. Seems interesting that it switchs to Temporarily Unavaliable when I load a new feed. It was working fine (sluggish and low quality, but fine) when I was on quad, but when Feed One loaded, it was Temporarily Unavaliable. This has happened multiple times, where it only comes up when a new feed loads.

Additionally, SthnCmft said he was getting the error a lot today in the live feeds thread. At the same time they posted that, I was looking at fire. Interesting that I'm getting fire while SthnCmft is getting an unvaliable error, isn't it?

I wonder what the temporarily unavalible error really is used for. I'm thinking now that maybe when their servers are overloaded, they put that error up to anyone who tries to start the feeds.

I've been getting the same thing. I get my message after it says connecting at the bottom which normally it does but instead of picking back up it now comes up with the error page. Maybe your theory is right since I was connected but when it went to reconnect I got booted.

Hi, I searched for a post like this and I couldn't find one, so I decided to post up directions just in case any else is having problems.

Ok, so you try to press PRINT SCREEN on a live feed... and when you paste it into photo programs such as Microsoft Paint, Photoshop, etc. and the picture is still moving? Well.. I've got a solution for you.

This is especially directed towards those who watch the live feeds of the hit show Big Brother 7: All Stars

1. Open up real player

2. Under TOOLS, go to PREFERENCES.

directions1ms9.jpg

3a.When the PREFERENCES window opens, click on "HARDWARE" in the column on the left side.

directions2bz2.jpg

3b. Under "Video Card Compatibility" move the little bar to the middle, so it says "Enable optimized video and disable overlays" (see above picture for reference)

4. Press OK!

5. Congratulations! :D You are now able to press PRNT SCREEN to take screenshots of live feeds.

bb7quadcam.jpg

P.S. Mods, I wasn't sure whether to post this in the BB forums or this one, so you can move it if it needs to be moved. Thanks

<<sorry-i tried to post this in the realplayer forum but it ended up here>>

hi - i just signed up for real & got the bbreloader... i'm trying to figure out how to get the quad cam to run in 1 window & another feed in a different window, but mute the quad cam. whenever i try this, both feeds are either muted or not, i can't get just 1 to mute. both bbreloader & real support said they can't help me. any suggestions? or if it's not possible, how do you guys know if you're missing out on something on the other feeds and still not go crazy hearing all of them talk at once or switching between feeds with all the delays that come with that?

thanks,

lisa

I've been able to mute one feed and listen to the other. I just go to the volume bar on the one I want to mute and drag the marker all the way down( I don't actually push the mute button). That's always worked for me. :)

But I don't do this often. I just watch one feed and sometimes switch back and forth. If you're afraid you missed something you can always check the live feed updates on BB forums.

Plus, having more than one open causes a delay and makes it choppy.

Thanks, Trish -- I tried it on my other computer and it seems to work just the way you said -- it must be the difference between windows XP and Windows 2000, which I was using before on my laptop. Thanks for moving my post, too

Thanks, Trish -- I tried it on my other computer and it seems to work just the way you said -- it must be the difference between windows XP and Windows 2000, which I was using before on my laptop. Thanks for moving my post, too

Is there a way to watch the live feeds on Windows Media Player? Real Player is driving me nuts. When I watch something on Windows Media Player, if I have it connected to my t.v then only the video shows up on the t.v. If something is playing through Real Player, then when it is connected to my t.v. then everything on my monitor shows up on the t.v instead of just the video.

How do I play the live feeds through Windows Media Player instead of Real Player? Thank You!

I hope someone is real good with technical questions because I got one.

I've got my laptop connected to my tv now through an S-video port. Only problem is, the live feeds won't show up on the tv because I THINK it's an issue with streaming video that the realplayer doesn't recognize. Basically, do you know how to get realplayer to allow the streamed live feed to a tv?

Anyone done this?

Thankks

On my laptop I have to tell it to show the picture either on the TV or on both my laptop screen & the TV. Plus don't forget to tell your TV which connection you want to see (be it video 1, video 2, etc, which ever connection you plugged the S-Video into). I (think I?) right click on my laptop display & then pick "graphics options" & then on the menu I have the mentioned options. I will have to double check for you when I get home. Also you will have to connect sound if you want to hear thru your TV because the S-Video doesn't carry sound. You can buy a 1/8" to RCA cable from Radio Shack for cheap if you don't already have one.

Already did all that. I've got an S-video cable to 3 RCA cable hooked up to the tv. I can get the audio, picture, display, and all that other good stuff but for some reason, the live feeds won't show on the tv screen. Everything else does.

Do you know what's up? Anything to do with realplayer proxy settings?

I appreciate you're help a lot. Live feeds were one of the main reasons I decided to do all this in the first place. It would suck for that not to even work now.

Sry RyGuy you have now crossed the boundries of my knowledge. I, like you, think it must be some obscure Real Player setting. My best advice is to call Real & ask them for help. They have decent customer service & can prob fix this quickly. Good luck to you.

Hey everybody, just thought I'd toss in a reminder that if you signed up for the feeds around July 4th +/- and got the 14-day free trial from Real, you can cancel now and will still have feeds until the end of BB jic the show ends and people forget to cancel (I did that with my RealGames subscription - boo!)

I got cheap and thought if I cancelled now it'd only take me up to Sept. 4th but with the free trial period, it looks like most of us'll be able to get away with only having to subscribe for 2 months! Goody, saves $15 :)

PS Don't know anything about the technical stuff :)

I'm so confused..

so I called to cancel my BB pass. He said, I got my subscription on July 11th (I subscribed on the 4th) and he said I have to the end of October.. He said that if I cancel now that I will lose all the extra free music downloads, etc..

But they will send me a email confirming that I want to cancel my renewal. That I will still continue getting the feeds until end of October.

to the poster above, you have to call 1866 212 1343

Archived