Here's How to Get The Live Feeds In The US

morty

According to The Hollywood Reporter, "The BigbrotherCanada.ca live streaming site will not be available to American users because of geo-gating."

"Geo-Gating" or "Geo-Blocking" is when a site or service blocks access to users outside of a country or geographic area.

I have found a company that offers a privacy service that allows you to block your location. Although the feeds are free if you live in Canada, if you live in the USA, the service that you'll need to use costs $10 a month (same as BBUSA) and you can try it for free, (that's real free, no credit card required) for three days.

This is not like Real.com, this is a completely different set-up and process. Since we do not have the links to live feeds yet, we can't really test anything yet, and I think we could overload the system if too many people sign-up.

Here's what you need to do:

Go to this link: http://m1h.us/2canada The link will take you to a page where you can download the software you'll need to install. If you give the link to your friends, make sure they go through http://m1h.us/2canada and do not link directly to the software.

Install the software. When the software is running, right click on the icon in your task bar. Select "Settings" then select the tab "Advance Settings." The default setting is that the software will automatically connect to the server nearest you, change that, and select from the list of locations, and select: "Toronto Canada."

While the software is activated you should be able to connect to the live feeds when they become available.

If it doesn't work, we'll try something else, but so far, this looks like it could work, and if it doesn't, you can uninstall the software and owe nothing. The company appears legitimate, they're in Silicon Valley, California and belong to the Better Business Bureau.

Morty:

We Canadians go through this all the time with not being able to get US based content because we are NOT in the US and typically the content is only licensed for US viewing.

The service you have found is a VPN (virtual private network) and there are likely lots more of them around. My researching this from Canada is fruitless as Google's geo-locating service tends to skew searches to reflect VPN offerings in Canada to either the US (for broadcast network additional content) or the UK (most typically BBC and ITV additional content) and of course, you need US to Canada.

I have some (limited) experience using VPNs and unless the provider dedicates the necessary horsepower it can be painful to use. I have no idea how popular BB Canada will be in the US but you know the hammering your site takes when things get interesting with BB US. Live feeds also tend to be heavy traffic compared to "browsing". The provider likely has ways round this but needs to know of the issue before it becomes an issue.

Greg

Thank you, this is good news, although for me the decision whether to pay for the "free" feeds in this way depends on whether they will have flashback or not. As flashback functionality probably isn't cheap, I'm skeptical that free feeds will offer it and I can't justify paying for feeds when the best stuff is unlikely to happen during the short periods of time I have to watch and there is no way to rewind. If no one knows whether this will be available or not I guess we'll know soon enough.

Hello;

FYI for those who do not want to pay ten dollars for this software there is a program that I use all the time to change your date to the installment date. Thus making the test period last as long as you like. Its called RUN AS DATE just google it. Sorry dont have a link. Ive installed this private wifi and Im still not able to see any of the videos on slicetv. Its still giving me the block but we'll see tonight hope this helps.

The service is working for me!

:clap: Make sure you've gone into the advanced settings, select the Toronto servers, and select automatic, and check the "set as default" box or you'll have the re-do the settings each time you re-start it.

YAY;Ok got it working and signed up for the feeds. So I should be all set for tonight Im so excited I forgot to activate it DUH!!! Does anyone know if slice will have a chat room like on superpass??? Nothing is on their web page yet. Just wondering thanks for the software Morty

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't get it, why not make the TV show available on American TV and vice versa? Isn't a larger audience better? Since when is a smaller, isolated audience more attractive to advertisers?

My only guess is that they don't want to over-expose the BB franchise, so they limit each region to their own version, and that is it.

Canada always got BBUS on TV and live feeds, I wonder if that will stop now that they have their own? I doubt that it will, Global makes a lot of money off it, but you never know how the legality of it works.

• 11 months later...

we couldnt get bbus live feeds last year.I will say though there is an extension on google chrome called hola and it allows you to hide your location,I use it all the time to get american netflix but can use it on all sites.It's free so I just thought i'd tell you guys

Maybe "free" means something different in Canada. :-)

Fuskie
Who is frustrated that 24 hours out we still have no information...

Nope free means same thing here as there....lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

The software they were using last year to get the feeds in CA is here: http://mortystv.com/livefeeds/

It gives you a ten day free trial, then it's $10 a month. No credit card on sign up, just download the software. It works, I logged onto Slice this morning and got the HG interviews.

Also, to reset the ten day trial there is a free program called "runasdate", it's found here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html All it does is reset the program back to the trial start date so you can keep on using it for free.

Jokers also has the BBCA Viewer download from last year. I don't know if it will work this year, but it's on the Jokers web page look in the media help center link on the forms. They have other links like JustinTV, which was doing the live show last year. I don't know if JustinTV is doing it again this year, but the link for it is there. This is how I got the feeds last year.

I used privatewifi last year and it worked great, I downloaded today and it's not working their techs are on the job so hope they get it fixed. As mentioned on here before if you use Chrome go to hola.org and get the extension free and it does work for me, hopefully someone will get on the ball and make the show and live feeds viewable in the US.

I checked out the hola extension for Chrome. It's real easy to install, you just go to http://hola.org and you'll see they have versions for FireFox, IE, iOS, and Android, I clicked the blue bar that says, "Start Using Hola, It's free" and approved the install, that's it. Then I clicked on the little flaming smiley face it added to the tool bar, and an option for Slice TV was already there. When I selected it, I got a little Canadian flag and it took me to the Slice web site.

I am glad I brought it up. Been using Hola for awhile now.I just hope when US BB starts I can use it to watch the live feeds since we Canadians have been cut off sigh

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name