Religion / Religious Issues

Relevart

Kaysar did his prayers tonight and seemed almost embarrassed when Michael and Janelle happened upon him...maybe he was just "interrupted", I don't know much about the Muslim prayer ritual (would love to hear more).

Then when Michael was going to bed, he laid down and then genuflected (I think that's the right word - he did the sign of the cross then touched his fingers to his mouth) I think that's a very Catholic sign if I'm correct.

It should be very interesting to see how the different religions honor their faiths and how they can coincide peacefully, as we all hope they would in the real world.

What I meant to say is that I hope that it will set an example for the rest of the world to follow.... I agree that in a living situation people tend to be more tolerant because they get to know each other. I hope that this interaction will help people outside the house to become more tolerant than they would otherwise.

Too late..Earlier on the live feeds Ashlea made it clear that the only problem with another HG was that he was Jewish. I can't figure why that would be a problem so my hopes is Ashlea is the first to go.

Stephen,

Maybe what she was talking about (Ashlea) is that she only has a problem with him being Jewish because she is attracted to him and knows it could never lead to anything bacasue she isn't Jewish? I am in no way defending her... Please don't think that I am... It's just I am very tolarant of everyone believes because I live by the moto live and let live and I try to believe everyone else does too... I feel it's not for me to judge, but for God and I try hard to find other reasons for people words and actions until I know for sure they meant it as a slam against someone's believes... Does that make sense? I don't know maybe she just meant she didn't like Jewish men, but I truely hope not... I too am hoping she is the first to go though...

I just hope they don't use it like last season as a bashing weapon over someone's head to get people to do things. (like the twins did) There were so many others things too that was so wrong. Don't need a faith war in there. That what's so wrong with the world now. Can't leave others alone to do what they want... have to be dipping, then feel the need to change them and then the crap just keeps rollin' down hill from there.

Stephen,

Maybe what she was talking about (Ashlea) is that she only has a problem with him being Jewish because she is attracted to him and knows it could never lead to anything bacasue she isn't Jewish? I am in no way defending her... Please don't think that I am... It's just I am very tolarant of everyone believes because I live by the moto live and let live and I try to believe everyone else does too... I feel it's not for me to judge, but for God and I try hard to find other reasons for people words and actions until I know for sure they meant it as a slam against someone's believes... Does that make sense? I don't know maybe she just meant she didn't like Jewish men, but I truely hope not... I too am hoping she is the first to go though...

Well she did say she dated a jewish guy that was psycho and that's what the problem of Eric being jewish was...but it's just a pet peeve of mine when someone has a bad experience with someone or something and they need to generalize that feeling about everyone or everything else similar to it. In my opinion it shows a bad immature character and in my opinion Ashlea has one. She needs to go.

Guest Shockalot

For the sake of example lets say Kaysar and James get into a debate, discussion what not.

Ok.

Kaysar explains that he does not believe Jesus is the Messiah and he believes the Bible is corrupted over the first 3 centuries AD.

Ok fine. Thats not 'Scoffing' or 'Disrespecting'.

Thats simply pointing out the differences and stating them etc.

Sure.. it may even be passionate debate but in a way that can be said as a type of respect.

Now someone might say to both James and Kaysar "I think you both of your religions are equally valid" - now both thats stating they think both Islam and Christianity are equally wrong in their principles.

Ok

Thats simply stating that they believe Islams teaching of 'Only one God Allah and one Messenger' are wrong.

Likewise - That Jesus isnt God.

Thats fair and perfectly acceptable I think.

Finally - Eric. Yes, I was watching when one of the girls (sorry cant remember who) really wanted to know if he was really Jewish and later did say something about it (in terms of attraction or something?)

IMO - She was refering to his 'ethnicity' and not to the actual practice and spiritual religion sense of being Jewish.

Jewish in the same way people say "Im Polish' or 'Im Latino' type thing.

IMO - She was refering to his 'ethnicity' and not to the actual practice and spiritual religion sense of being Jewish.

Jewish in the same way people say "Im Polish' or 'Im Latino' type thing.

Being Jewish is a religion not ethnicity. You can be Israeli, Mexican, Italian, American or any ethnicity and still be Jewish. It's like saying being Christian, Muslim or Buddhist denotes a particular ethnicity.

But for sake of argument and she meant a certain ethnicity rather than religion IMO it does not make it right saying a problem with a person is their ethnicity. Still just as wrong in my book!!!

I've witnessed religious people mock non-religious people as well as vise versa.

IMO,behavior boils down tae the individuals personality...religious or not.More easily influenced personalities might go overboard with their beliefs, and not always with positive results.

Only reason Kaysar is being duly noted for his religion,is due tae the fact it happens tae be the one religion lending headlines of violence worldwide.Hard tae not acknowlege that no matter how nondiscriminatory,equal opportunity & unbias you think you are.

Guest WebNuts

Last night, about 3:30 am (Central time) Kaysar, April & Jennifer were around the kitchen counter talking. I am really coming to like Kaysar, he knows he is thought to be an outsider by some in the house, but he really strikes me as the most "decent" guy in the house. He is not so full of himself.

Kaysar is actually worried that he staying awake so late at night that he is having a hard time with his early morning prayer (He is Muslim and must pray 5 times a day). He is woried that kids may think, maybe it is ok to "slack off".

He also seemed upset when April talked about Howie and Michael "brushing against her", I think respect is a big thing with him, but he doesn't want to impose his values on the others. He talked about the drinking and gambling the others have been doing, he won't speak against it, but he will not join in and I think that may hurt him in the long run, but I hope he sticks to those principals.

Guest ranster627

I have been following the live feed update thread, and Beau is a devout gay Christian with a mother who is a Minister ...

It's kinda hard to say it's a private matter when you agree to go on national TV and practice and discuss it in front of others. Also this isn't just a Kaysar thread and I'm sure religion will be discussed throughout the season. As long as the debate stays civil this thread could be interesting to see different views on the matter from posters.

What I meant to say is that I hope that it will set an example for the rest of the world to follow....  I agree that in a living situation people tend to be more tolerant because they get to know each other. I hope that this interaction will help people outside the house to become more tolerant than they would otherwise.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.