Do you think BB would cheat for a specific HG?

fizzle

yeah, i was just about to post this:

for freak sakes! Janelle AND Beau were shoving each other around.. they were both drunk and they both fought like girls... and they were giggling as they did it (more so for janelle). if anyone was to get evicted over THAT, it would have to be both of them, not just one. i am sure the reason why they were not evicted is because it was seen as drunk goofing around that got out of hand.

as far as the topic of this thread.... i dont see Big Brother staging anything. they are doing a show that has a money prize at the end and they must stick to certain guidelines. to stage anything would be cost them big time and brobably end the show all together.

as for the houseguest staging any fights between them ~ could be a possible ploy to set up alliances... but not against the rules as far as i know.

and just when i went to post it, the thread was locked. i am guessing it was because the postings went way off topic... :unsure:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I don't know...I've seen that replay of the (fake) fight many times and they are both laughing...didn't look real at all - except the "girly windmill blows" that Beau was aiming at Janelles face but barely reached her shoulder. Ha Ha Ha. Fake fight. JMO

hey! looky here! i am the owner of this thread now. thanks Ceci... i will take good care of this thread.

NO poop pics

NO straying off topic

NO arguing

:D

and BB would NEVER ever cheat for a housemate!!!

I sometimes thought that certain comps were geared toward certain players increased ability to actually win the comp. But, that might just have been my imagination working full force when a player I chose not to win did win.

Fizzle - Love your thread! I promise no poop pics will ever grace these pages! :)

i think a lot of people thought the same thing ginger, about the comps being geared towards certain houseguest, like they had the chestgame comp or the hockey comp... but if you think about it, its bound to be geared towards someone regardless of if they meant to do it or not. someone is bound to know about chest, someone is bound to know about hockey.. and so forth. and unless BB gave someone the answers or the knowledge how to win, i dont think it would matter if it was geared towards someone.

and that would bring us back to the question... and i am still saying no, i dont think that BB would cheat. it would cost them dearly if they did and got caught.

BBfan2002.... 2 threads have already been locked and thrown away, can we try not to get another one locked and thrown away??? let it go or PM a mod but dont keep going at it here.

Back to our discussion....yes, I agree that eventually a certain comp would be an advantage to certain houseguests, but what if there are certain questions asked on the application that would lead BB to invent those comps to favor one over the other. :)

I agree Fizzle.

anyway, back on topic, I do think that they would do a specific competition just for certain houseguests and it wouldn't relaly be cheating because they couldn't guarantee that the person wins they want to win, they would just have more of a chance, like in bb2 I remember some people saying that they thought some of the competitions were rigged because Chilltown didn't talk to anyone other than their group, so they didn't know the others very well, and there were a lot of competitions about knowing the other HG's, not saying that they do that, but it is a possibility.

Damn, I just broke a nail. Hate when that happens. :angry:

Quote Elizabeth: I agree with Ginger, I do think that some comps would be geared toward certain HG's due to their applications

Or in true BB style they listen in on conversations about what people have done in past...ex. bowling, darts and whatever. That would give them heads up on who might be able to play one comp better than the other person.

I thought I heard MIAO back then read and saw that it was bbfan2002.

to answer the topic mine is NO

what is the point in having the show if you predetermine the outcome. Might as well just give the person the money and not have a show in the first place.

just my 2 cents B)

oh like lets keep Janie in the house as long as possible so we don't lose ratings because not very many people watch the friendship. Is that what you me Elisabeth

I did not mean for this to sound snotty but after reading it. someone might take it that way sorry

so, you are saying Jen was a champion at standing in a box and they did that comp just for her? :lol: i dont think so.

and like someone else said before, they have already predetermined the comps and made what necessary props they need for each comp before they even start BB... so i just dont think they make them for any certain houseguest.

i still dont see how that would be geared towards her.. standing holding a button is a lot different then dancing with pom poms. i dont think that comp would be geared for anyone.

and even a comp like the chest comp.... sure some of the houseguest were good chest players, but the comp was more of a game of block a person so they cant move. it took more than just one person to make those plays and even if you didnt know how to play chest, you would be able to do this comp.

or the hockey comp.... sure janelle is a big fan of hockey, but that doesnt mean she knows how to hit a puck. anyone with good aim could do that.

i just dont see them custom making the comps for any one person seeing as they decided these comps well before they even choose the housemates.

kegbelly i meant for people to take it that way, i think that they might have done that last year, i didn't say they did or didn't, in my opinion, i feel like SOME of the comps were made for certain houseguests to help them out, it's no secret janie was a favorite last year, so why wouldn't cbs WANT her to win, I was a fan of hers, but I don't want the comps geared toward certain people, even if it's my favorties.

why not? it makes for better tv if they can control the outcome of who gets hoh/veto certain weeks. they interview them about lots of things pre season starting and i am sure the producers take this into acount when they construct hoh/veto competitions. last season i wonder why they were so much Q & A competitions unlike other years?

BB doesn't have anything to do with someones skills at competitions. They are either athletic or intelligent. Which is what the competitions are based on. Either something that takes skill or a brain. Most of it is just plain luck!! How can BB control that?? ^_^

I doubt CBS wanted one of the friendship members to win, so I'll have to say no, they don't cheat. ~ Cajun

you know, i never looked at it that way... so simple! yes, i believe you are correct! you win the prize of the day!!!

oolong.gif

Archived