Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Morty's TV on Twitter & Morty's TV on Facebook

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Poll: Morty' TV on Twitter & Facebook Poll (107 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you following Morty's TV on Twitter?

1. Yes (46 votes [42.99%])

Percentage of vote: 42.99%

2. No (45 votes [42.06%])

Percentage of vote: 42.06%

3. Not Yet But I Will Be (16 votes [14.95%])

Percentage of vote: 14.95%

Are you a friend of Morty's TV on Facebook?

1. Yes (15 votes [14.02%])

Percentage of vote: 14.02%

2. No (32 votes [29.91%])

Percentage of vote: 29.91%

3. Not Yet But I Will Be (60 votes [56.07%])

Percentage of vote: 56.07%

Are you a member of the Morty's TV group on Facebook?

1. Yes (14 votes [13.08%])

Percentage of vote: 13.08%

2. No (35 votes [32.71%])

Percentage of vote: 32.71%

3. Not Yet But I Will Be (58 votes [54.21%])

Percentage of vote: 54.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,415 posts
To be fair, it doesn't take a genius to see the utility of Twitter for live feed updates. We tried to do something similar a few seasons ago when the BBReloader had an alert service. You could sign up your email or textmail address and we would send out alerts all summer long.

Fuskie
Who notes it was an idea before its time as Morty's was the only web site to fully recognize the potential...

Sheldon

Sheldon

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 498 posts
I hate twitter, but i will grin and bear it for Mortys!!

sonoerin

sonoerin

• Pip
  • 1,702 posts
QUOTE (Fuskie @ Jun 9 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be fair, it doesn't take a genius to see the utility of Twitter for live feed updates.

Sonoerin
Who is grateful that Fuskie's expectations of Sonoerin are realistic

animated_rotfl.gif animated_rotfl.gif

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,415 posts
Actually I was referring to the other BB web sites.

Fuskie
Who notes that Mortyerites will be able to use Morty's Twitter feed to clue them in to when to use the Real Player time machine to go back and watch the feeds...

sonoerin

sonoerin

• Pip
  • 1,702 posts
Just teasin' Fuskie smile.gif

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Are you going to put the date and time into the tweets, Fuskie?

People just have to remember if you use BBT to adjust the time machine for their own timezone.

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,811 posts
QUOTE (Sheldon @ Jun 10 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate twitter, but i will grin and bear it for Mortys!!

For some strange reason, the phrase "Lie back and think of England" comes to mind.

Sheldon

Sheldon

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 498 posts
QUOTE (JEDI @ Jun 10 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For some strange reason, the phrase "Lie back and think of England" comes to mind.

LOL Jedi! I really do hate twitter though... lol

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,415 posts
<i>Are you going to put the date and time into the tweets</i>

Twitter posts tweets in relative time, as in XX minutes ago, so time will always be relative to the local time zone.

Fuskie
Who notes with only 140 characters to work with, posting a BBT fixed time may be difficult...

sonoerin

sonoerin

• Pip
  • 1,702 posts
QUOTE (JEDI @ Jun 10 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

animated_rotfl.gif

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,415 posts
We are over 200 followers so far with over 3 weeks before the Big Brother Season Premier!

We are looking for a few good Twitterers who are interested in joining Team Morty and helping out with the updates this summer.

We are also looking for experienced Twitterers who can help advise us on how to get the most out of our Twitter account.

Fuskie
Who, with your help, is setting a goal of 500 followers by the season premier...

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,415 posts
Welcome to each of the 250 Twitter Followers so far!

With three weeks to go before Big Brother premiers, please let me know what are your expectations for our live feed Twitter update service this summer so we can best prepare for the upcoming season.

Fuskie
Who challenges Morty's fans to help us reach 500 followers by July 9th...

joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,461 posts
I don't understand twitter. What is wrong with me??? Do I need a mobile phone.
Please help me out!!

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
You don't need a mobile phone. All you need to do is sign up at www.twitter.com then go to www.twitter.com/mortystvbb11 and click follow.

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,415 posts
You can read the Morty's TV BB11 live feed tweets directly from your Twitter home page, or direct Twitter to send them to your cell phone. You can even configure your mail reader, such as Outlook, to receive tweets as an RSS feed if you are familiar with those. For those who do not have unlimited text plans, having tweets sent to your phone may be expensive but for those with unlimited text plans, the Morty's TV BB11 Twitter Feed can keep you updated with the goings on in the house.

Fuskie
Who explains in a nutshell, Twitter is a service that allows you to follow the tweets (140 character message) of others and optionally allow others to follow your own tweets, although you can make your feed private so that only those who you approve will be able to follow you or you can choose not to twitter yourself at all...

joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,461 posts
Thanks guys, I am trying to digest all of this and will give it a try. It's hard to teach old dogs new tricks!!! I tend to have sr moments from time to time.
Thanks again.

I signed up - hoping I did it right!!

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,415 posts
I see your feet following Morty!

Fuskie
Who welcomes you to the Twitter feed and looks forward to your feedback...

joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,461 posts
Thank you Fuskie!!

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,415 posts
So in preparation for Big Brother 11 on the Morty's TV Twitter feed, what kind of updates do y'all want? Just the results of competitions, nominations and PoV? Or do you want a regular updates? How about just big things like fights, streaking, nocturnal nasties? How many tweets per day should be the max? How many of you will receive your tweets on your phones and for those who are, do you have unlimited text plans?

Fuskie
Who wants to make the Morty's TV Twitter service the best possible for all you followers...

a_starry_night

a_starry_night

• Pip
  • 538 posts
hmm... i think we should make a poll about how many tweets per day. i think 10 max sounds good. any more than that, and i don't think i'd add it to my phone.

im wondering about "spoilers" like who won HOH or is evicted since i dont know if i want that tweeted to my phone if i havent watched yet. but im not sure.

but definitely, for those with live feeds or BBAD, it might be a good idea to tweet if something especially exciting is happening.

It will also be REALLY good during endurance comps when Morty's goes crazy and the feeds too. it might be nice to have updates on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users