Activity Trackers

Guest 6Borders

Guest 6Borders

Any speculation on what these things are for?  They used them once to determine Have-Not's after the first week they had them, but (unless I was asleep) they haven't played a role in the game since,

yet BB is still making the HG's wear them.

I'm thinking that they may be used to give someone a special prize or power.  They certainly can't be there for our entertainment.  Personally I get nothing out of how many steps they have taken or calories they have burned (the two times I bothered to even go look).

I was wondering the same thing as well. I know it also states their entering house weight, as well as when they leave the house. But I'm not sure what the actual purpose is. I would think its for some kind of prize of some sort.

A couple of weeks ago I checked the CBS BB site and noticed that the guys who were evicted had ALL gained weight while in the BB house - and All the women who had been evicted had all lost weight.

Not sure what can be said about that.

Guest 6Borders

A couple of weeks ago I checked the CBS BB site and noticed that the guys who were evicted had ALL gained weight while in the BB house - and All the women who had been evicted had all lost weight.

Not sure what can be said about that.

Now that is interesting, but Team Grodner is NOT that clever!

My guess is that the activity trackers are provided by some company that are testing them. What better way to test the trackers accuracy than to put them on people that are under constant surveillance for a few months. Of coarse, you can bet CBS received a nice fee for letting their captive guinea pigs be used as test subjects. 

I have one of those fitness trackers... (Fitbit) and its not very accurate. It will count steps if you move your arms like they Hg's do in the house to get their bars up. They're set up to go off after 10,000 steps. However you can change the amount of steps. I mean its not the worst I used mine for a few months, and now it sits in my dresser.

Guest 6Borders

My guess is that the activity trackers are provided by some company that are testing them. What better way to test the trackers accuracy than to put them on people that are under constant surveillance for a few months. Of coarse, you can bet CBS received a nice fee for letting their captive guinea pigs be used as test subjects. 

Good guess.  Still they only brought them into play once in all these weeks so there should be some significance.  Maybe the activity tracker co. will be providing some prize or maybe the HG's will just be told "hey fools, we got you to wear them for no reason...zing"!