Interesting Observation As To How Bb Concept Has Changed

Depeche221

While watching BB After Dark just now, I saw Zach comment to Kail how he wished he had a pen and paper.....

Back when BB first started here in the US, the whole reason that HG's were not allowed to have pen and paper was that they were NOT allowed to discuss things like who they wanted to evict and who they were in alliances with. Back in season one (and in the original versions around the globe that our version came from), Discussion about your intentions and gameplay was only allowed in the DR. The HG's were required to make decisions on their own and not follow the "Herd Mentality". This made for very interesting conversations and much more paranoia that was real and not the "Mob Paranoia" that we see now.

Thinking about it now, why doesn't BB just throw in magazines, newspapers, a few select CBS shows on the flat screen. There is really nothing left of the original concept, which was to put complete strangers in a house, of all walks of life (i.e. normal everyday people who don't have agents or, estranged relatives, or "enemies" etc") and see what would happen when they had no one else to rely on. They only had their own judgements and opinions, even if that ended up costing them in the long run. It was truly a social experiment of who would be able to adapt and evolve and maybe even learn something along the way.

Now, they can discuss everything (but god forbid they sing), they can discuss their famous connections, they are told WHEN they will be on cable, they are allowed to go into the toilet to change clothes and avoid exposing themselves (oh, except when it is to the camera mans liking and it is a female....Sorry Amber, you got screwed, if they ever focused on a male HG as he was getting out of the shower this season....) (Zach knew what he was doing and that it was on air). Basically everything has changed.

Except, you can't sing because CBS is too cheap to maybe have to pay royalties IF a record company or artist complained (funny, other countries don't have this problem). And HG's are WAY to aware of what is going to happen in the house during their stay. Whoever decided that the HG's should be told about the ShoToo feeds should be fired now. No, I mean NOW! You single handedly took the best new idea to flame the fires for this show and killed it. No argument.

The show has lost what it was intended to be. And the new chick that took over Arnolds spot this year should be fired as well. Hell, fire Allison and let some of us fans in to run the show. They got rid of Marcellas when his ego took over, maybe it;s time to clean house and let the people who really know what would make it interesting have a shot.

Sorry folks, just annoyed tonight (and all from a comment by Zach....go figure)

Dep

The show has lost what it was intended to be. And the new chick that took over Arnolds spot this year should be fired as well. Hell, fire Allison and let some of us fans in to run the show. They got rid of Marcellas when his ego took over, maybe it;s time to clean house and let the people who really know what would make it interesting have a shot.

one of your better post lol j/k. but i do agree that allison needs to be fired. the thing with this year compare to past years even bb 6 is the hg are more self aware of the game and past strategy and bb producer just wont change up the game mechanics to throw them for a loop. so week after week we get same predictability same trivia hoh week after week. this year the twist didnt make it past week one ap doesnt count since it is so lame hasnt impacted the game one bit. and the yearly casting of actor/actress isnt bb imho. :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

Uvp, something is happening in the Cosmos and we might want to be afraid that a higher power is about to throw a "twist" at us that is going to shock and leave us reeling. I just posted that I kinda agreed with one of YOUR posts in another thread. what is happening to this board?!??!?!??!!?!

(whispered) Do you think fizzle has figured out we are in cahoots and we really agree on everything?

Wink Wink

Dep

we need a twist badly. but this season is dull i dont think any twist in the world can save it. only twist that can save it is to end the show this week :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

I will Cosign all of what Dep said...

Look around though, all of tv is going to hell in a handbag in the name of entertainment... Death Race 2010 will be a reality show....

I have already submitted several applications!!!

Big brother needs to be introduced into the house as an evil SoB telling you up is down and down is up and just messing with your head until you don't know if 4 is 5 or if 5 is 4.. Get into it like the original 1984 concept..

BB is your God here. BB says you can eat now.. BB is watching.. BB says take off your shoes when you enter the diary room.. BB says you been a bad little piggy and you have to eat slop tonight.

Also I would love for America to have 1 vote every week.. Because HG's cant predict that vote.. they have to play to the audience more for it.. and when things are close like to be tied or they are making it by 1 the viewer vote will be very important..

And yeah.. Different HG's should be given random tasks and assignments thru the week to earn bonuses or just because BB told them to do this and offer some sort of reward. May be acting a fool.. or manipulating someone into doing something or perhaps sabotaging something in the house.. Possibilities are endless..

But BB needs to become a malevolent force in the house not merely a voyeuristic presences who yells at you for sining or to change your mic batteries.

I agree completely. I think the show needs to be much harder on them, and it depends too much on them talking and planning and plotting for entertainment (for us). They need to have tasks to complete like they did in season one. Remember how they had to ride the stationary bike for a certain number of miles? And they usually at least have crafts or something interesting to do by now. This year is odd. Jameka got crap for her birthday, and I have to assume it was because they had the Christmas in July episode already, and they blew their allowance for the month or something.

I agree about Big Brother stepping in, not just as an observer, but as a taskmaster. They tried with the handcuffs, but they need more of that stuff. I'd love to see them do a truth or dare thing, and then when they choose truth and then lie, they are outed because BB shows a clip of the truth with an interview from someone at home, or something like that. I'm not talking diary room entries, but everything else.

It really would take so little money-wise to make the viewers happier. It would just take more involvement from the people in charge. It seems like they just throw them in there and leave them this year. They aren't doing America's Choice rewards yet--they aren't doing much of anything, other than the thing with Eric (which I like).

(whispered) Do you think fizzle has figured out we are in cahoots and we really agree on everything?

Wink Wink

Dep

:fear::stop: allow me to take some medication before reading further on the subject.

I don't think the show should be harder on the HG's. I think that would be missing the point of the show--This is NOT Survivor; it's a totally different game, with the goal being mental strategy.

To that end, it's totally senseless not to provide them with music, magazines, books--in fact any entertainment they want, and the slop thing absolutely has to go (or p.b. and j.--whatever).

The premise is that these are strangers locked up in a house together, trying to outwit each other.

The comps and twists all need to be more challenging and interesting, but I think the format needs to stay the same.

I agree with previous comments (i.e. Nilty) that BB should have kept the hg in the dark about the live feeds and Shotoo. I think that accounts for them staying up until 3 in the morning in nonsensical conversations. I don't make a lot of sense at 3 a.m. and I am sure they are seeing "noodles" by then. :animated_wave: The idea is that "Big Brother is watching...." and your actions and words are not private. I expect that that was the original concept. The slop is stupid. It reminds me too much of the food punishments in Survivor. I have to be honest, I haven't watched BB since the first season (just a few shows) so I can't compare this to past BB shows. Which is probably a good thing. I am enjoying it however but I agree that they have to rethink the concept. It's very predictable -- I look forward to sequester when the yackity-yack and mindless ramblings cease.

I wonder if BB has always put words in their mouth during DR. This year we have caught BB telling them exactly what to say a few times & even going so far as telling them to change how they really feel for a DR. I wonder if it has always been like that or if things are getting worse now due to the producer change.

In BB2 I remember Krista and Monica talking in code and using playing cards to communicate. BB was always trying to bust them for it. It was on the real low-down.

Yeah, the slop bugs me too. Survivor is one premise, this is another. I can see them wanting to induce some stress to crank up the interactions in the house. Take away their coffee or mattresses for a night or two if they lose a comp. That'll make someone cranky.

The Danielle/slop situation was just irresponsible.

I agree Lori.. don't give them tv or magazines that allow them to sit and stare and be quiet... that's the problem with playing cards, we end up watching one person play solitaire... maybe we'll get another HG saying 'red 7 on black 8'... when they have fun interactive games to play, keeping them active and blood moving, instead of laying around bored... how about a good game of Sorry or Aggrivation or Uno, games where they will compete with each other and take out their frustrations with other HGs in the games.

I've been wondering this week... why not let us see/hear the DR sessions? Aside from the issue of BB feeding them and prompting them with leading questions, what harm would it do for us viewers to hear their true thoughts in the DR? Sometimes I think that's where the best comments are being made!

I didn't start watching BB until BB5... I'd be curious to see how it would work with no strategy talk being allowed...

Does anyone know which season the live feeds began? (I assume they didn't have live feeds right from the beginning).

Cuz the whole discussion of whether or not to stir things up in the house, whether they should be allowed books and magazines, is based on how certain activities (or lack of activities) will impact the live feeds.

In the end, the fact is that it's boring to watch a bunch of people hang around the house all day--any people, any house. For that matter, it would be boring to watch ANY Reality show around the clock--can you imagine how boring live feeds for Survivor would be?

This was probably originally meant strictly as a Reality TV show. If it weren't for the issue of the live feeds, all the talk about making changes wouldn't be happening.

Does anybody else wonder why we are having 2 back-to-back live eviction weeks. Live evictions are not the norm & I wonder if they are going to start doing them instead of a Wednesday vote so that hints of the evictee will not get out on Showtime After Dark.

Archived