Posting rules?

margreek

I know that topics can be repeated, so there is a need to merge discussion threads, but how come some threads get combined when they are 2 different topics? It makes it difficult to find things or you will be reading one posting and the replies that go woth it and all of the sudden the topic switches to something else because it has been merged together.

i never seen that happen. the mods are doing a great job

btw dont flame or bait the mods. j/k

Because it saves bandwidth and there isn't a need to have two threads that are the same or similar.

Like for example, there is a whole thread about Mike and Boogie. Yet someone posted a topic called, "Will and Boogie are Gods." That's something that could've been put in the Mike and Boogie thread.

Or maybe someone posts a thread about what Janelle was wearing today. That's something that could be put in the Janelle thread or in the live feed/show discussion thread. No need to make a new topic about it.

Hope that makes sense and answered your question. :)

Oh and if you have trouble finding your post or thread that was merged, you can do a search on your username and you'll find all the posts that you have made. Or you can click on your username and when you get to your profile you can go up to "Options" and click "Find user's posts"(it says something like that.)

I think that happened when I was reading one of the threads. The replies on page 2 didn't seem to match what the discussion was about on page one at all. I didn't think much about it one way or another, just figured somebody was merging two threads and merged into the wrong one possibly. No big deal.

Sometimes when they merge the topics, there are replies to specific posts that seem out of place (because the forum software puts the merged posts in order by posting, they don't lump the old thread's post together). It's kinda weird because there can be this random post that doesn't make any sense, if you didn't know that wasn't originally in that thread.

But generally the mods do it for a good reason. Yay mods.

yea, that's all well and good... but what about when I thread gets off topic!??!?! Is it possible for the mods to monitor the posts, and if the thread wonders to a different topic, they divide the thread into a new one? I think that would be very helpful.... sounds lke a job for Jem to handle :P

slop or pb and jelly?

I have no problem with the way anything is done on these boards, or anywhere here at Morty's. It's all good!

I find it funny though, that there seem to be a large number of replies when there is a repeat thread -- like ' There's already a thread like this' or 'we already discussed this.'

To me, those are the most wasted posts, because the moderators will take care of it. Just give them a chance! I also think it's funny, how it clearly annoys some to no end to have a new thread started, that has already been discussed. Wow-- in the big scheme of things, is it really such a big deal? I do agree, people could look through the first page at least, but it's really no skin off my nose if they don't!

Lighten up folks!

Archived