I didn't think there would be a season this year because of the covid stuff. So I was pleasantly surprised to check today and see that it will start on Aug. 5th, my birthday! Then I realized it was an All Star season and some people from season 18 will be there. In particular Paul and that big gay meatball Josh! I was so excited one minute only to feel sick to my stomach the next. 

Julie Chen confirmed that some of the potential houseguests tested positive for COVID (rumor of this has been going around for awhile). The station, CBSN Los Angeles, has deleted the interview video from their website, but here is the video on Twitter: 

1 hour ago, Iris said:

I like the line up very much.  Let the season begin!

I like it too. So happy the rumor was wrong. I'm happy that most of the players are older and will probably be more interesting now.

I have watched a couple of hours from earlier today and I'm really enjoying this "older" group.  There is a lot of respect *so far* and they seem to all be getting along. 

I like this cast as far as it being a good mix of past seasons. However, I didn’t like that in the first challenge it was clearly set up to give the male groups a clear advantage. They didn’t have to get their balls nearly as far as the women did. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t just give all four groups the same clue and make it fair?

With production getting called out almost every year for seemingly setting up certain challenges for the advantage of certain players, I’m surprised they’d come out of the gate with something so obviously biased.

On 8/9/2020 at 12:30 AM, Keepittogether said:

I like this cast as far as it being a good mix of past seasons. However, I didn’t like that in the first challenge it was clearly set up to give the male groups a clear advantage. They didn’t have to get their balls nearly as far as the women did. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t just give all four groups the same clue and make it fair?

With production getting called out almost every year for seemingly setting up certain challenges for the advantage of certain players, I’m surprised they’d come out of the gate with something so obviously biased.

We thought the same thing with the board being geared toward the guys.

On 7/30/2020 at 2:02 PM, WOC said:

In particular Paul and that big gay meatball Josh! I was so excited one minute only to feel sick to my stomach the next. 

Hey WOC, nice to see you here again safe and healthy.  Like you I cringed when I thought these two were coming back.  I was prepared not to watch.  Seems like a fairly good group this year.  I hope that Sunday's glitch doesn't repeat itself too often.  I record the episodes, I don't watch in real time but Sunday CBS started 8 minutes late and of course I missed the nomination ceremony.  Guess I'll have to read on to see the results.

8 hours ago, HeleneL said:

Hey WOC, nice to see you here again safe and healthy.  Like you I cringed when I thought these two were coming back.  I was prepared not to watch.  Seems like a fairly good group this year.  I hope that Sunday's glitch doesn't repeat itself too often.  I record the episodes, I don't watch in real time but Sunday CBS started 8 minutes late and of course I missed the nomination ceremony.  Guess I'll have to read on to see the results.

Nice to see ya too Helen! Great thing about this group for me is that I don't remember many of them so it's almost all new. Like the girl who is up now, Keesha, she was the fan fav for her season?  I'm just happy that the cast are slightly older this season. 

• 2 weeks later...