Jump to content

Recommended Posts

One thing I really like is that all the comps are different than the summer season and not so staged. None of them know what type of comp is coming up like in the summer when they predict each one from knowing previous seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2016 at 4:16 PM, straykat said:

One thing I really like is that all the comps are different than the summer season and not so staged. None of them know what type of comp is coming up like in the summer when they predict each one from knowing previous seasons. 

 

Me too!! Though it doesn't seem they have caught on. Some are still trying to go by other seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The constant "Loading , please wait" and live stream lockups should be putting CBS on notice. I won't be paying for long at this, paying for nothing doesn't inspire fanaticism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

StrayKat I agree 100%!  BB finally managed to bring comps into the 'expect the unexpected' element of the rest of the game!  It's been a great blend of

ol' skool BB competitions and newer ones and they are so much more fun to watch in addition to HG not having the ability to study, prepare, or really speculate what the comp will be.  A very good balance too, crap shots, physical, endurance, mental.  I co-sign your enthusiasm for a fresh new approach to comps!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AtomicRooster I haven't had that problem very much at all this season.  I did a lot at the end of BB18 but that were IOS issues as soon as I found Puffin app that solved the problem for me.  I know others have had that issue and CBS put out a release saying they are trying to resolve issues across various platforms early this week though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really love BBOT!  I love being involved with the voting!  I love watching the Live Diary Sessions as well as the live comps.  So worth it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:59 PM, BigBrotherHBIC said:

@AtomicRooster I haven't had that problem very much at all this season.  I did a lot at the end of BB18 but that were IOS issues as soon as I found Puffin app that solved the problem for me.  I know others have had that issue and CBS put out a release saying they are trying to resolve issues across various platforms early this week though.  

 

Thank you for this info. The issue seems to persist, especially (my hypothesis) when folks on the West Coast go online after their day at work or school.  Still hanging on for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2016 at 10:51 PM, BigBrotherHBIC said:

StrayKat I agree 100%!  BB finally managed to bring comps into the 'expect the unexpected' element of the rest of the game!  It's been a great blend of

ol' skool BB competitions and newer ones and they are so much more fun to watch in addition to HG not having the ability to study, prepare, or really speculate what the comp will be.  A very good balance too, crap shots, physical, endurance, mental.  I co-sign your enthusiasm for a fresh new approach to comps!   

 

I love the unexpected element also. During the past few season, I really hated that the players knew exactly when to expect the DE and when each comp was coming up. I thnk what is really making this season fun is the house is split right down the middle and both sides are playing hard. Generally, I do not like fan involvement in the game, but, this season I am actually enjoying it so far. I think it is fun because the fans get to make multiple decisions (rather than just one) that force the players to take into consideration what the fans think at every juncture of the game.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Plastics continue to get the support of the LF votes, Dani's HOH will be for nothing. She can put up two of the Plastics but if the LF vote puts up one of the LNJ and also gives the care package to either Whitney or Shelby, the outcome can only end up with the LNJ nom going home.

 

This care package gives one side way to much power. Cancelling three votes at this point in the game, when there are only five house guest's voting plus the LF vote, unbalances the whole vote. Can the LF vote be one of the ones cancelled? 

 

It's my opinion that the LF voting is giving too much power to people who aren't living in the house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, straykat said:

If the Plastics continue to get the support of the LF votes, Dani's HOH will be for nothing. She can put up two of the Plastics but if the LF vote puts up one of the LNJ and also gives the care package to either Whitney or Shelby, the outcome can only end up with the LNJ nom going home.

 

This care package gives one side way to much power. Cancelling three votes at this point in the game, when there are only five house guest's voting plus the LF vote, unbalances the whole vote. Can the LF vote be one of the ones cancelled? 

 

It's my opinion that the LF voting is giving too much power to people who aren't living in the house. 

I agree, there is a fundamental imbalance in the game's design with respect to the 'extra' perks, even when those perks have their own set of punishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

America is not voting by who deserves it.  Shelby getting this package is like Kathy the cop, Victoria, Sheila and every floater ever on BB in one get backed for personal reasons.  I would never vote.  I loved Shelby at first but she isn't even trying.  This has taken the fun out of the game.  2 thumbs down to the idea person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The care pkg vote has been reset to take Alex off the list. Votes made early in the day won't count. Vote again if you want yours to count! Sorry if you guys already know and this is old news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2016 at 5:00 PM, joystiick said:

Generally, I do not like fan involvement in the game, but, this season I am actually enjoying it so far. I think it is fun because the fans get to make multiple decisions (rather than just one) that force the players to take into consideration what the fans think at every juncture of the game.   

1

Initially, I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the feeds and what was really going on in the game. After going back and reviewing what had happened earlier in the game and what the live feeders were doing, I am back to hating fan involvement. After going back, I realized the fans are basically a super HOH with the ability to hear absolutely everything and then cast their votes according to who they like and do not like. The fans are giving the ACP, nominations and eviction votes strictly based on popularity with the fans and not on game moves. Maybe, that would not be so bad if the fans didn't have the ability to listen to all the HOH's plans, and then vote to protect a player that may be targeted, nominate a player that wasn't targeted and then vote out a player that was never supposed to be in jeopardy. The fan nominee was the evictee in every week except one. I wasn't closely following the season from the start, and, after reviewing everything, I suspect I will follow it even less. i am pretty sure i will be canceling AllAccess pretty soon. If this was supposed to be a test, this will probably be the first and only season for OTT, because I feel like the fans have ruined the game play.  I imagine a lot of fans probably feel the same as I do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Initially, I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the feeds and what was really going on in the game. After going back and reviewing what had happened earlier in the game and what the live feeders were doing, I am back to hating fan involvement. After going back, I realized the fans are basically a super HOH with the ability to hear absolutely everything and then cast their votes according to who they like and do not like. The fans are giving the ACP, nominations and eviction votes strictly based on popularity with the fans and not on game moves. Maybe, that would not be so bad if the fans didn't have the ability to listen to all the HOH's plans, and then vote to protect a player that may be targeted, nominate a player that wasn't targeted and then vote out a player that was never supposed to be in jeopardy. The fan nominee was the evictee in every week except one. I wasn't closely following the season from the start, and, after reviewing everything, I suspect I will follow it even less. i am pretty sure i will be canceling AllAccess pretty soon. If this was supposed to be a test, this will probably be the first and only season for OTT, because I feel like the fans have ruined the game play.  I imagine a lot of fans probably feel the same as I do. 

I am in agreement!  Maybe these aspects are also influenced by the dreaded "vote-for-the-worst" Internet pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AtomicRooster said:

I am in agreement!  Maybe these aspects are also influenced by the dreaded "vote-for-the-worst" Internet pressure.

 

I agree with both you and joystiick that there is to much fan involvement in this version of BB. But I think BBOTT is a test version. It has several positives (a set schedule of events - no comp blackouts - very few fish - live feeds from day one) that I'd hope would carry over to the regular summer season. If you want to see how BB has changed over the years go back and watch season 1, ep 1 and compare. I hope that we, as BB fans, will continue to support this and all future versions of BB. :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2016 at 3:09 AM, omahaguy said:

 

I agree with both you and joystiick that there is to much fan involvement in this version of BB. But I think BBOTT is a test version. It has several positives (a set schedule of events - no comp blackouts - very few fish - live feeds from day one) that I'd hope would carry over to the regular summer season. If you want to see how BB has changed over the years go back and watch season 1, ep 1 and compare. I hope that we, as BB fans, will continue to support this and all future versions of BB. :)

 

 

 

There are a few things that I hope carries over to the regular season, but, the way things are going here in OTT, it is ruining it for me. I don't know how many people feel the same as I do, but, for the people like me that love watching player strategy and decision making, it is a real disappointment. Player strategy has been completely nullified because of the ability of the fans to listen in on his and his allies plans and then vote to thwart whatever plans that were made. I don't think I can adequate express how disappointed I am, so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×