America's Choice

_nursie

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the sequested house guest were there for no reason and CBS let America pick the winner?

I'd laugh my butt off if CBS let us vote. Can you imagine the look on Jen's face? On the sheeps face?

Hmmmmmm

Sorry for the title being F**'d up. Just got off shift from a very busy night in emergency medicine... sorry.

Who else thinks that CBS should have America's Choice be for the nominations and for one replacement. The top two vote getters would be the original nominations, and if the POV was won, then whomever was voted in third place would be put up if the Veto was used.... even if that meant the winner of the Veto was the one using it.... just think of the chaous it would bring to BB.

I would hate it! We are not a part of the game and should not have that kind of influence. The game was set up for the HGs. I don't even like people that were kicked out to come back in. I thought it was lame in previous seasons as well. Once gone, always gone.

Hence no AC should influence a game.

I don't like the idea.  If they wanted to start it that way from the beginning for next season, then fine as it would be a rule of play.  But not just because a lot of you want to see Janelle win this season.

How do you know that is not already in the rule of play. Summer of Secrets. It just may have been part of the plan all along.

I wish that they'd let the houseguests do the voting during the season and let us pick between the final two who we want to win.

That was called Season 1. It didn't work out. Arnold Shapiro said it was just a popularity contest and it wasn't fair to who played the game well. Of course, they didn't have any competitions season 1, so who knows...............

I would love to have an AC vote on who gets HOH, but they are not going to do that.

I really enjoyed season 1 because the HGs really grew as people and you grew to like them, as opposed to all the other seasons where I have grown to hate the HGs as the season went on. But I think the season 1 could be tweaked to have more of a competitive edge while still keeping America happy. For season 1, the whole house voted for who they wanted up for nominations, and the 2 people with the most votes were who America had to vote for. A revised BB could have HOH competitions still (like BB2 and beyond), the HOH still gets to nominate 2 people, they still have veto, and then America just votes on whomever is left between the 2. And maybe they could keep it where you can win back-to-back HOH's so if someone is a great player but really hated by America, they still can have a chance at winning. I think I would enjoy seeing this, even if they just tried it out for a season. Really, what does BB have to lose? This format is really starting to become dull and frustrating for viewers. And having the audience vote works well in other countries (like the UK).

;)Well Why Doesnt someone email CBS ;)

I have - last night and then again today. I am sick of how this show is going. Told them they need to fire their producer/writers and look for new employees on mortystv.com. Their surprised have been so lame all season.

I am really pissed that CBS turned off the live feeds AGAIN to protect .... what??? ... nothing ... nothing happend last night - no new twists - nothing. I was excited to see last night's show - thought I would actually be surprised. I was sick and pissed when it went off. :angry:

I would hate it!  We are not a part of the game and should not have that kind of influence.  The game was set up for the HGs.  I don't even like people that were kicked out to come back in.  I thought it was lame in previous seasons as well.  Once gone, always gone.

Hence no AC should influence a game.

Your completly wrong actually. Big Brother was set up so that the HGs had little control over events that happened in the house and evictions and the winner were determined by the public (through money-making telephone voting!). The concept is that everything is controlled by Big Brother

It's just when the new team came in ahead of BB2 all of this was scrapped!

they said the reason they stopped doing america's choice for HOH or evictions or winners is that it comes down to a popularity contest and thats not the idea of the game.

as far as america choosing the winner, will you be so eager for an america's choice of the winner if janelle is voted out of the house? i didnt think so. its yet another desperate attempt to hand the prize to the SOV without their having earned it on their own.

Guest vandals
they said the reason they stopped doing america's choice for HOH or evictions or winners is that it comes down to a popularity contest and thats not the idea of the game.

as far as america choosing the winner, will you be so eager for an america's choice of the winner if janelle is voted out of the house? i didnt think so.  its yet another desperate attempt to hand the prize to the SOV without their having earned it on their own.

Letting America choose the winner to me would be a bad idea. The only reason CBS would do that is if they really wanted to give Howie 500,000 dollars and this was the only way it could be done (kind of like Rupert winning the second million in Survivor All-Stars). Personally, I don't think CBS would throw away all the money they spent on the sequester house, including feeding the sequestered hq just to give Howie the money.

One comment on the popularity contest, it's going to be that way no matter what. If it would come down to Howie and Ivette, even though Howie is a better player he would lose because the friendship will not vote against their own.

Guest DenimIsGreat

Umm, remember if you send an email to them, they may try to keep your idea and not give you compensation sighting, "it becomes property of CBS by sending it".

As for them hiring some of us, as nice as that would seem, I think it might take a well placed email for that to happen.

Archived