You Know What Annoys Me About The Final Show?

Xal

In Survivor, during the live final show, the audience is allowed to boo, hiss, applaud....anything they want. Nothing is canned. This really gives a wake-up call to the contestants and how people felt they played the game.

In BB finales, however, the audience seems incredibly canned. They never boo (even during season 6 no one booed Maggi, Ivette or Busto...they didn't get as big an applause but no one booed). It's almost as if the producers tell them not to boo anyone and that's lame. Maybe I'm being mean but I WANT to see actual reactions, not applause sign queues.

On top of that they never ask the good questions. The audience members who get to ask questions always seem staged.

Why don't they ask the things we REALLY want to know.

"Amber, why did you continuously swear on your daughter's life even if you said you wouldn't and why did you keep saying you never lied when you were one of the biggest liars in the house?"

You'll NEVER hear a question like that.

Assuming Dick or Dani wins...

"HGs, anyone with an IQ over 4 would know to get rid of either Dick or Dani since they were, by far, the strongest alliance in the house. Why did you continue to keep them BOTH in the game and basically hand them the money? Getting rid of one of them isn't good game play, it's common sense!"

"Eric, why did you say a few times that you thought Dick and Dani were in an incestuous relationship?"

"Amber, are you racist against Jews with your comments about them during the season?"

"Dick, if you would destroy anyone who ever talked to Dani the way you did to Jen and other HGs half the season, why did you do it yourself?"

"Danielle, when you whine and complain are you trying really hard or does it come naturally? Also, why do you speak all sing-songy like a magical faerie? It's not faaayuuuur....it's so fruuustraaaatiiiiiing...."

Those are just some questions I want answered that never will be.

LOL. :lol2:

"Eric...Why did you feel the need to 'fluff' yourself before all your naked escapades and were you thinking of Jessica when you masterbated?"

"Danielle...Have you cheated on your real-life boyfriend before all this or was it an in-house thing only?"

"Dick... If there had been 'real men' in the house would you have changed your name to 'Pussy' and kept quiet?"

:devilish:

I think the producers think "We don't want them to be embarrassed on the final show" but isn't that what they have done to themselves for the last two months? I wonder if when Amber goes to Las Vegas if she tries to put her daughter up on the craps table. "I bet my daughter's life on the pass line. Let's go 7 11!"

i almost laughedd.
You almost spelled...

I am soooooo f'ing tired of seeing Nick..

He's been evicted.. Soo long.. Good Bye!!

Enough already...

We are talking about a good looking, not good enough to play arena football, admitted uncontrollable temper, I fall deep into relationships to early.. vanilla person...

CBS you're not going to make money off of him.. so give it a rest.

Yeah, good idea Xal. The live Survivor finales really do have alot of excitement and flavor to them.

I saw a clip last year of the BBAS finale and it was so unbelievably controlled in the commercial breaks. They'd break, everyone (including the HGs) would fall silent, Julie kept rubbing her teeth with her tongue (anybody remember this??) and then when the camera came back on, all the HGs would change their faces and start smiling and celebrating again.

It was so contrived and staged and disingenuous.

The finale is always my least favorite episode of Big Brother. From the entire season. Dunno why, maybe cuz it's over and usually anti-climatic.

-hehe, just read your post Marty. Sorry but it could use a little makeover. I never stop watchin' tho-

It annoys me that some people get annoyed at people who are annoyed with the show and think they should stop watching it.

Just because there are parts of the show I don't like, or people on the show I don't like, doesn't mean there aren't parts of the show I enjoy and people I enjoy.

If I didn't like the show at all, I wouldn't watch.

So anyway, from here on out how about we stay on topic, the final show and questions you'd like to see asked, and not drag this into another back and forth about "if you don't like the show why do you keep watching".

Dick and Dani still being in the house is America's fault. At least one of them would have been gone if we didn't vote to keep Dick when he was up against Dustin. The HGs have been plotting to get rid of the duo, but we keep getting in the way - so i dont know why people keep blaming them for that.

I agree Xal. I always think about the reunion shows on MTV and how they DO ask the questions everyone wants answered.

I said this last year too, but I wish they would have a reunion show about 3 weeks, maybe a month later, after everyone has seen the tapes and done their homework. I want to see what they thought about the experience after they have seen all the behind-the-scenes stuff.

The difference with Survivor is that the contestants have been in the outside world between finishing taping the show and the finale. They have seen how they were portrayed on the show and the publics reaction to them and are already prepared to be booed or cheered.

At finale time on BB only about a third of the contestants know how everyone was portrayed and so I think BB either selects a tame audience or asks them to behave because coming out of sequester or the house back into the real world is strange enough without being booed and not understanding why.

The final show should be at least an hour and a half too. Too much crap goes on at the start of the show and then you only have about a half hour to actually talk to the HGs.

Actually they are making money with him ... half of the people watching the power of 10 are watchin to see nick and daniele

im watching tuesday to see if Amber criess AGAIN ! lmao

I think that's a gross over-statement.. I think most people that will watch the Power of 10, will do so and not even know who these two dolts are..

Archived