Question About The $500,000

djb

To the best of my knowledge, they are paid a $1000.00 weekly stipend, at the end of the show for each week they were in the house. If they are the last one (winner) the stipend is deducted out of their prize money....

I think that is total BS. The winner as well as runner up should be allowed to keep their weekly allowence as well as their grand prize money. If they stayed there that long, they earned ALL of it. If they take out that allowence they get, isn't it true that sometimes people who came in 3rd or 4th would end up with the same or more than the runner up? No, that's BS right there.

that's why they shouldnt be bellyaching about dustin grabbing prizes, they better be getting all the extra stuff they can!

hmmmmmm......does winning prizes cause them to have their weekly stipend deducted?

this isnt the lottery no 20 year plan here

To the best of my knowledge, they are paid a $1000.00 weekly stipend

Ugh, what a shaft!

No wonder there are so many reality shows...Cheap labour.

On the other hand, I doubt Dustin is pulling in 4K a month kickin it Al Bundy style.

1000 a week to do crap is plenty

For once I'll have to say I agree uvp...

Think about the fact that they are getting national exposure...with most of them being wanna be models/actors...this is going to make them very popular, and open the door to modeling and acting jobs when they get out. Zach wears his stupid tee shirts everyday promoting his company...his website has probably had more hits since BB started than it's ever had. Same for Kail and her real estate/restaurant. People will flock to McKenzie Bridge, OR to eat/stay at Kail's place. If Daniele goes back to Hooters, there will be lines out the door...same for Evel and his club promotion thing. The only people I don't really see it affecting too much are Jameka (school counselor), Carol (she could care less), Dustin...shoe sales might skyrocket in Chi town?!?!, and Wammmmmmmmber....maybe she'll get paid to be a Fran Dreshcer (sic?) impersonator or cry on demand for money. Mike is a model/actor so he'll probably get called more, Nick mentioned something once about "a show I did for MTV", but who knows, he might not care. That leaves Joe....who will milk it for all he can before settling back into the hair salon.

Dustin and Jameka were talking yesterday, they get $750 per week as a stipend. Both were saying it is more than their salaries in their real jobs. Honestly if that is after tax money, it is more than I get paid also.

So if they win the show, does that mean they get $500,000 even without the weekly stipends, or $500,000 minus $10,000ish they'd get from the weekly stipends?

Archived