Recording Live Stream With Realplayer?

JFetch

First thing, nice to be back and see everyone again this summer.

I noticed in the new version of RealPlayer you can record live streams, but right now on the feeds(not really showing anything yet, not even FOH) it says the owner has disabled recording. Do you think they will turn that on for us? That would make things easier to post clips don't you think?

You guys are all missing the point of the thread... :P

In response to your original question: I hope so! It really would make things so much easier. No need for external applciations or whatever. CBS did say they were going to be more tolerant of fans posting clips, but I don't know if they're going to be that tolerant as to give us the tool right there... might make us do some work. ;)

I have the most recent version of RealPlayer, but I'm not seeing where I can go to record live streams (if CBS had enabled that option, anyways...). Mind filling me in?

Thanks TheNunOwnedGoat for reading past the title. I realize now I could have worded it less like a tech help thread but oh well.

In the new version 11 it's set up like a vcr. There is a record button next to the play button. There are fast forward and rewind buttons too. I hear some companies aren't happy with them for this because you can download almost any movie from any website with it.

Archived