HG in the dark about middle east conflict

Louise

As a Muslim, I'm sure Kaysar has his opinions on what's going on , if he knew. I imagine the powers that be have been in touch with his family to see if they are directly affected in some way by it. Kaysar will know if there's a need for him to know-----

Guest StarBaby

While they may not know about the specific events that have happened, fighting and conflict in the middle east should be of no surprise to anyone.

I doubt it will take him/them by suprise B)

But it has escalated greatly as we all know.

Have a good evening ... lets hope the FOTH ends soon.

I used "part of history" not to sound dramatic BTW :)

I just couldnt come up with any other way of putting it. For lack of a better term I suppose.

:)

While they may not know about the specific events that have happened, fighting and conflict in the middle east should be of no surprise to anyone.

Edited for flaming.

What is happening is a BIG deal. A bigger deal than it has been in a long time.

To brush the incident aside, saying that it is no big surprise is really wrong. Watch the news, see the vast amount of people suffering by this escalating and surprising conflict.

It is a sad and unfortunate thing. I pray that it ends quickly and soon.

I hope that none of Kaysar's family lives in that area, because it would really suck if he was left in the dark about all of this.

Guest StarBaby

Hmmm, seems a bit of conflict to call someone ignorant and say NO OFFENSE? I won't stoop to your level and name call, so don't waste your time baiting or insulting me. The middle east conflicts have been going on, both escalating and calming down since Israel came into existence. Yes, what is going on is horrible, and for your info, I do watch the news every day, but it isn't at all surprising.

I brought this up because it seems I'm either watching BB or the News NON STOP.

:blink: Odd combo

But I have really been thinking about it. Of course it brings up feelings of 9/11.

I couldnt remember what was going on at that point in BB history...they werent in the house then were they (whatever season that might of been)?

Just curious.

Thanks for your responses. Its nice to get opinions from those all over.

they were in the bb house during 9/11 and one of the houseguests ended up losing a cousin i think in the world trade center. i'm so sorrry that i don't remember who.i wanna say it was monica but don't quote me on that though hopefully someene wil correct me if i'm wrong!

Yes, you would have to live in a bubble not to know that conflict has always existed between them. As a side note, if someone watches news often, they also know that Israel does not let the terrorists control them nor do they take lightly to threats and attacks.

To answer the 9/11 question- it was Monica.

For the 9/11 incident, they did end up telling the people in the house but ONLY because somebody was directly affected by it.

Last year there was a hurricane where Janelle lived, but they didn't tell them because none of them was directly affected by the hurricane. That's the only way they'll know anything that's going on outside of the house.

Calm down there... I'm sure the original poster meant that confilict in the Middle East has been going on for hundreds of years, and none of the houseguests would be surprised to hear of it happening again. Prior to this recent escalation of events, there has been conflicts in the Middle East every day - whether it is a skirmish between neighbors or a suicide bomber blowing up a bus, market, or restaurant. Israel and Lebanon have been in major conflicts in the 1982 War and in a prolonged conflict between 1982 and 2000 - basically, these two have been duking it out for years. The Middle East is predominately made up of Arab nations, so as long as Israel is there flexing it's muscle, there will continue to be conflict in this region. Whether any of the houseguests friends or family are in any way affected is another story.

FYI - Kaysar is orginally from Iraq, so while he may have family in Lebanon, I think any family of his in the Middle East is already in a war zone.

For the 9/11 incident, they did end up telling the people in the house but ONLY because somebody was directly affected by it.

Last year there was a hurricane where Janelle lived, but they didn't tell them because none of them was directly affected by the hurricane. That's the only way they'll know anything that's going on outside of the house.

---------------------------------------------

Yeah I remember that. Everytime he would say Hurricane Howie, I would cringe thinking, "If they only knew." :(

When I first heard about this war, I felt as though I had been punched in the stomach, "not another one". I think this one struck me in particular because of the high Lebanese population which attend the school I work at, who have gone home for the summer. That being said, what struck me most was how quickly Israel responded, and to what degree. They were so organized in where to bomb, it's like they were just waiting for something to happen to give them a reason to react in such a way. I'm sad for those 4 military personal, but really, it's only 4 ppl. Hundreds of Lebanese ppl have been killed as a result, this hardly seems fair. I know, war isn't fair, but really, did a war have to ensue because of this?

It almost seems as though many countries are really coming out against eachother as of lately. We've had the fighting in Sudan, Afghanistan (sp?), Iraq, Palestine, Israel, now Lebanon, Somalia and Ethiopia (sp?), (I'm sure there are more). Not to mention North Korea and what the hell they plan to do with those nukes. We also have the numerous terrorist "plots" that are surfacing in Toronto, the actual attacks on the US and Britian... it's certainly a scary time. Who knows what this is the dawn of.

Again, what really shook me was Israels response, maybe because it wasn't much different than that of the US' against Iraq. I don't know, but it makes me wonder if others will just be so quick, and so extreme, to respond. Why even have a UN if ppl aren't adhering to it? It does freak me out if I break everything down and think about it.

They've always been quick to respond.

If every country dealt with terrorist threats and attacks like Israel does there would be a decline in these situations.

Quote: "They were so organized in where to bomb, it's like they were just waiting for something to happen to give them a reason to react in such a way. "

That is what having a military is for. Israel is highly organized....remember they are use to sitting in movie theatres and cafes and getting bombed - so yes they are prepared.

Your post almost sounds like they had bombs waiting on the Lebanese border just waiting to be used- which is unlikely.

Actually,..when 9/11 happened the BB house was not told. Monica, as well as the rest of the house,was told, (a few weeks later) after someone (most likely a family member) contacted the BB/CBS stage and told them to let Monica a know a cousin passed away. She was offered the option of stepping out of the BB house, and i guess her answer was a no, because she was there till the end. (or when she was evicted).

As to quote the person who said "Religion kills more people then anything in the world". Its true and yet its very sad. I've never heard it be summed up quite like that. Its sad because we were brought up in different religions with different upbringings, and this violence that ensues is so terribly sad. Its everywhere. Sometimes people can something and no think anything of it, and the person who hears that will take it in the wrong way, and fight happens. Its just sad. :(

I remember I was in grade 8,..this was about when i was 13. (Im 20 now). My class was filling out this form with a bunch of questions. And one was(Im really trying to remember the question to make a point but i cant remeber what it was.) But it was a catholic school. I put down yes (to which i should have, it was along the lines of the bible) But then to my self i thought, well someone is going to make fun of me. So i changed my answer to no. But across the room i heard someone ask someone else what they answered to this certain question. :unsure: Turns out, someone asked me what i put and i said no. Then they looked on my paper and saw i had originally put yes. and they laughed at me and said something stupid. I was embarassed. As well, only one student ended up writing yes.

It kinda makes u think, with religion and what u believe in, that the younger kids will "be all yes i believe in this, i go to church", only if it makes them cool in the eyes of their friends.

Archived