Does anyone else find the sound this year really bad?

They must have changed the microphone supplier because this year they suck! Jase keeps saying they have all had to change their mikes 3 times already. I don't think they are working right. We have missed so many converstations where you can't hear someone at all. And they are not realizing this and let them continue to speak even tho we can't hear them. It's quite annoying. I hope they have it fixed for today.

I feel like the sound & picture quality is the best it has ever been this year.

Let me clarify what I mean though...When I enlarge the video it doesn't get nearly as fuzzy this year & my computer has surround sound & the sound quality is much better this year for the persons mic that is turned up. But...if the BB crew isn't focusing in on a particular mic all the other mics sound muffled & I can't make them out. It's kinda like if the BB crew has the sound from feed 1 cranked up the feed 1 sound is amazingly good but if I go to feed 3 I can still hear feed 1 sound when I am watching feed 3 & the feed 3 sound is muffled & hard to hear :(

My audio was cutting out every 1-2 seconds. Applied THE FIX and it's been smooth as silk since.

THE FIX:

On Real Player Menu select Tools/Preferences

On Preferences Menu choose Connection/Network Transports

Choose "Manually configure connections settings" (enables buttons)

For each transport: UNSELECT everything except HTTP

Restart RealPlayer and you're good to go

THE PROBLEM:

Internet Service Providers have routers that prioritize packet traffic. Most providers give HTTP packets the highest priority so you need to disable Multicast, UDP, and TCP for both RTSP and PHA transports.

Archived