How many seasons will CBS run BB?

Adria0

How many seasons do you think CBS can air? I really want to try out for a season, but I am too young. Help :huh:

It's really hard to tell. We don't know from one season to the next if there will be a new one the following season. We actually found out really early this year. Usually we don't know until the new year. You're going to have to wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...

every year cause in the summer aint much competition

• 1 month later...

I've often wondered how long CBS will continue doing Big Brother. And considering they decided to make this an all start cast composed of previous seasons.. it almost makes me wonder if this really is going to be the last one. :(

what else they gonna put on? bb will be around forever as long as kaysar get another chance :lol:

No, I don't think we need to worry; at least I hope not. I think they just decided to have an all-star show for something different, and I think they probably watch Survivor too much for ideas -- lol! I think Big Brother is too successful a show to go off the air yet. I hope they keep it on, because it's my favorite reality show. It is the one I look forward to each year.

I am kinda worried about how much longer BB will go on. The ratings have dropped drastically this season. over at the Futon Critic website they say compared with last summer's launch the BB premier ratings were down 14.04% in households and 17.65% in adults 18-49.

BB is my alltime fav reality show but if viewership continues to decline this drastically I think it is at risk for cancellation :( That show Think You Can Dance kicked BB's butt last night. I dunno why.

We already know the ratings for last nights show? I think it will be awhile before Big Brother is cancelled. Even if the fans decrease, the fans they have are RABID FANATICS about it.

First off the show is fairly cheap to produce compared to shows like Survivor and Amazing Race. It's filmed locally and does not require transporting people all over the world and housing a crew of hundreds. The live feeds are also a HUGE factor other shows don't have! If 50,000 people sign up for the live feeds (maybe high, just grabbing a number), that's 1.5 million in revenue at $30 a pop. Some are paying $40. That alone covers the grand prize money, as well as the payouts to the other contestants. Add in three days a week's worth of advertising income and shows that benefit from Big Brother like The Early Show and you have quite a money machine.

Plus they made $350K in renovations to the house for this season. Would they do that if it was the last?

I can't imagine that this thing will be considered finished after this season.

This may be a stupid question but do you really think BB would be cancelled with the Host of the show being married to the CBS president? I can see it if the ratings were really really low but if they are decent - I am thinking not.

Yes Funk we do already know the ratings from last nights show. The Futon Critic posts ratings one day after. I know the show is cheap to produce but CBS is looking to make money & they make money from sponsers & those sponsors pay based on ratings. Sponsors would rather have 20 million fans than 5 million rabid fans.

I hope they never cancel it but I am a bit worried because of the ratings decline & I will be nervous until I hear it is renewed for BB8. MBE the rating were low for the premier because everything had been leaked so some didn't watch. I hope that's the case & the audience numbers will get better as the season goes on.

Archived