Howie's breast cancer awareness charity

Hi Everyone! Just a little note about Howie's breast cancer awareness Ts. Howie loves boobies and wanted a line of Ts where the proceeds would go to breast cancer research. You can find Howie's boobies Ts at the link below! October is breast cancer awareness month, so this is for a most important cause.

Howie's breast cancer charity merchandise.

33739084_F_tn.jpg

- Catherine.

Thanks for the link... I ordered my hubby the BBQ apron and the boxer shorts... His birthday is next month and I think these are cute gifts and the money goes to a good cause too... :D

Hi Everyone! Just a little note about Howie's breast cancer awareness Ts. Howie loves boobies and wanted a line of Ts where the proceeds would go to breast cancer research. You can find Howie's boobies Ts at the link below! October is breast cancer awareness month, so this is for a most important cause.

Howie's breast cancer charity merchandise.

33739084_F_tn.jpg

- Catherine.

In all honesty, it may be a nice gesture that the money go to research, but those already aflicted with the disease and those who have lost breast --how are they suppose to feel. Howie loves breast because that is what men do; love breast right. It's stuff like this that gives women with this disease body image problems that they find very hard to deal with because of this disease.

Howie loves breast - does Howie love the woman without breast too! I'm not trying to be a spoilsport here but I think it's in bad taste.

I wonder if any of the Breast Cancer Awareness people approached Howie to get involved with this fund raiser ?

I'd be curious to know.

It's probably hard to come up with new slogans and products to raise funds for this worthy cause each year.

I've been lucky so far.... but have bought the stamps, the pink magnetic ribbon for my car, etc. in hopes that research will eventually conquer the disease and come up with a less devistating cure.

If it takes Howie loving Boobs to raise a few more pennies to put in the bank toward that goal .... I'm all for it.

I may even buy one of Howie's long sleeve Tees to wear as a PJ top this winter.

I love my boobs too !

I talked to my aunt about this topic... She lost both breast to cancer... This is her take on it... Everyone loves breast... Men and women alike... Men we all know what's up with, Women love their breast and most times feel less of a woman if they lose them... She feels that the saying should be taken as we all love them and this horrible disease is taking them from some people so if you love them buy these things to help stop something from taking what we all love... :)

In all honesty, it may be a nice gesture that the money go to research, but those already aflicted with the disease and those who have lost breast --how are they suppose to feel. Howie loves breast because that is what men do; love breast right. It's stuff like this that gives women with this disease body image problems that they find very hard to deal with because of this disease.

Howie loves breast - does Howie love the woman without breast too! I'm not trying to be a spoilsport here but I think it's in bad taste.

good point :o did I just say that to ginger? :unsure:

I could never believe that the breast cancer foundation would approve a tastless slogan/logo like that.

Would it be believable to some on this board if Howie made boxer shorts with a logo on front "Howie loves wacking off" ---do you think the impotent - prostate cancer patients would appreciate that?

It's getting to a point on this board that no matter what some of the houseguests do posters give them kudos ---even for something as insulting to women as this. JMHO

I could never believe that the breast cancer foundation would approve a tastless slogan/logo like that.

Would it be believable to some on this board if Howie made boxer shorts with a logo on front "Howie loves wacking off" ---do you think the impotent - prostate cancer patients would appreciate that?

It's getting to a point on this board that no matter what some of the houseguests do posters give them kudos ---even for something as insulting to women as this. JMHO

Right you are, my dear.........and oh so humble! :P

Um, hellooo! Howie is the epitamy of "bad taste." He is a sexist pig! And those shirts are some of the cheapest-looking things I have ever laid eyes on. But at least it is for a good cause - his wallet! :rolleyes:

I agree that the slogan is in bad taste and everything else you said. But the main thing is that he did it with good intentions. We all know he is not the brightests bulb on the string. He just needed someone to slap him on the head and tell him to rethink it. And remember I am not a Howie fan.

Well, the American Cancer Society WAS approached first by myself and thought it was both funny in its context of Howie's character from BB6, and were humbled by the gesture quite frankly.

ANY help they can get raising money for breast cancer research is welcome by them and in truth, this was a loving, serious sentiment by Howie and myself who designed the Ts for him.

This was not done in bad taste, although some may think so. This was done as I said from Howie's heart as he is aware that this month is breast cancer awareness month.

Furthermore, the American Cancer Society IS going to add the section of our store to their merchandise contributor's links section which I will post here when it is done.

On a personal note, I had a breast cancer scare this month myself and am only 31 with 2 small children under 6. Last week I went through the mammogram/ultrasound, VERY upset that I too could be a victim of this disease.... and I haven't received the results back yet so could well be..... That said, it was I who designed the merchandise under contract for Howie and personally could only see the *GOOD* that this would accomplish.

Purchases from American customers go to the American Cancer Society's breast cancer research fund....

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/GI/gi_2.asp

Purchases from Canadian customers go to the Canadian equivalent....

http://www.cancer.ca/ccs/internet/frontdoor/0,,3225,00.html

At this time we unfortunately cannot send proceeds overseas to other foundations.

Catherine.

Orange I personally want to thank you and Howie for taking the time out of your lives to do this... It's a very thoughtful thing for both of you to do... I agree that every penny counts and if Howie's loving boobies brings in money for research then more power to him... I am thinking about buying the teddy bear for my hubby too... Thanks once again and please let Howie know that both myself and my aunt say THANK YOU...

Orange I personally want to thank you and Howie for taking the time out of your lives to do this... It's a very thoughtful thing for both of you to do... I agree that every penny counts and if Howie's loving boobies brings in money for research then more power to him... I am thinking about buying the teddy bear for my hubby too... Thanks once again and please let Howie know that both myself and my aunt say THANK YOU...

my neighbor's aunt's cousin says no thank you...but thanks for the thought

My best friend who has been battling with breast cancer for years...is very greatful to any help women can get for research..unless you are a woman or know a woman fighting this battle you can never know the heartache it brings..so i agree Yana...Thank you Howie, and Orange..for all your help! :D

I think people would have bought the shirt more if it wasn't attached to The Breast Cancer research....Just like if Bye Bye Bitches was used to make people aware of dogs that needs adoption at the local animal shelter. You give people a cause to fight for and you have have people to just TEAR IT DOWN.

Maybe he figured (or people holding the strings)...hey since people are buying these shirts...maybe I could use my profits for good use....hmmmm...How many of you already or planned on getting the Bye Bye Bitches t-shirt of "I don't Cayer" tshirt....where did that money go...???

I think people would have bought the shirt more if it wasn't attached to The Breast Cancer research....Just like if Bye Bye Bitches was used to make people aware of dogs that needs adoption at the local animal shelter. You give people a cause to fight for and you have have people to just TEAR IT DOWN.

Maybe he figured (or people holding the strings)...hey since people are buying these shirts...maybe I could use my profits for good use....hmmmm...How many of you already or planned on getting the Bye Bye Bitches t-shirt of "I don't Cayer" tshirt....where did that money go...???

Sorry, spin it anyway you want it's the epitome of crass. Women who are at risk of losing their breast don't need to be reminded of how much "men" like them.

I agree that the slogan is in bad taste and everything else you said. But the main thing is that he did it with good intentions. We all know he is not the brightests bulb on the string. He just needed someone to slap him on the head and tell him to rethink it. And remember I am not a Howie fan.

When I posted that, I almost said he DID have good intentions in mind, but I just have to think it was an afterthought for Howie. He definitely needs to be slapped upside the head - and often! Just kidding - not really advocating violence here - but it might knock some sense into him if he were!

And remember, I AM a Sov fan! :) But not a Howie fan.

The shirts are going to sell anyway. Why not put the money to good use? Oh well I understand what you all are saying about being tacky and crass. I just feel that anything that brings more awareness to any cause is good. What about the TRUTH commercials about smoking...People thought those were to BOLD and SHOCKING, etc. But those commercials got the point across. They helped me quit. The one with the lady talking through a voice machine thingy....I stopped shortly after that.

Not disagreeing with anyone of you...just showing my experiences with issues. :D

Archived