BB8 ... In The Media

Dade

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTEVIEWS & FEATURES

Big Brother Evictee Says Romance Was Real

by Rhoda Charles

070806int2nick.jpg

Nick Starcevic, Big Brother

A "showmance" is never a good thing for a player on Big Brother, as Nick Starcevic, 25, of Kimball, Minnesota, learned last night. This former pro football player became the fourth evictee when his housemates

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.tmz.com/2007/08/06/big-brother-wings-pilot/

The producers of the CBS reality show "Big Brother" have grounded a pilot they say planned on ruining the show.

Lawyers for Endemol USA Inc. sent a cease and desist letter to Jerry Hider of Blue Yonder Air, to stop him from flying his plane over the "Big Brother" house. According to Endemol, Hider was planning a flyover carrying a message that told the other players in the house that Eric is "America's Player" -- essentially ruining part of the game.

Endemol alleges that by doing this, Hider's proposed actions would violate a "tort of intentional interference of an advantageous business relationship" -- or, in layman's terms, "Dude, don't ruin the game!"

Hider alleges that he's not trying to ruin the game, and that he was simply paid to do a job. The peeved pilot wouldn't release the name of the person who has been hiring him to make "Big Brother"-related runs, but said that up until now he, CBS and Endemol enjoyed "a symbiotic relationship." In 2001, Endemol even produced a story about the banner operation.

In a statement to TMZ, CBS says: "It's always great to have fans that are this engaged and passionate about 'Big Brother.' However, we also need to protect the integrity of the competition, which does not allow any outside influence on the houseguests who are sequestered from the public broadcast and therefore unaware of some of the secret twists in the show."

Is Hider going to try to fight Endemol and CBS? Not likely. He told us "If I had a bunch of attorneys I would fight this, but it's not worth my time.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Big Brother

by Trish Wethman

Episode Recap: POV 5

Now this is what I

http://www.tmz.com/2007/08/08/big-brother-...e-jewish-names/

"Big Brother" Shiksa Learns Jews Have Jewish Names

Relations between Israel and the "Big Brother" house are strained today, after a somewhat anti-Semitic rant from housemate Amber hit the Internet this week. Oy vey!

Where to begin, already? First of all, Amber said the majority of Jews she knows are "selfish." She then went on to say that her mom and sister explained to her that one can tell who is Jewish based on "their last name" and "by their nose." Gevalt! Amber then proceeded to tell a story about a selfish waitress she worked with who turned out to be ... wait for it ... Jewish! Didn't see that one coming! A shonda!

Jameka, who was on the receiving end of Amber's deep thoughts, reminded Amber that she shouldn't make blanket statements like that. "Yeah, you're right," Amber replied. "There is so much to think about." Most of which, it would seem, Amber has avoided thus far. Shmendrik.

William S. Paley, Ukrainian Jew, was largely responsible for the rise of CBS network.

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Big Brother has an eight-season history of racist, bigoted remarks

Responding to Big Brother 8 houseguest Amber Tomcavage

VH1's 40 Greatest Reality TV Moments 2 features Jen from BB8 as #8 in their countdown.

They show all of the houseguests, featuring Jen's famous moment where she gripes about her memory wall picture, covers it with a potholder, and then proceeds to cry in the diary room about the picture.

Comedian Jenny Slate comments: There's nothing more annoying than a hot girl going, "I'm fat! I'm ugly! No, I am! I'm ugly!" It's like, no. You're getting it confused with your personality. That DOES suck.

From a Fox News website:

Anti-Semitic Rant on CBS' 'Big Brother 8'

If you don't watch 'Big Brother' on CBS, you're not missing anything. Every summer they trot this turkey out so we can watch hideous human beings compete for money while the cameras roll and host Julie Chen rolls her eyes.

This summer has been no exception. Normally, these people just expose their greed and stupidity. This is a group of people, after all, who in eight seasons have never cracked a book or discussed anything other than their appearances.

But two nights ago on CBS' overnight feed on Showtime Networks, a player named Amber Siyavus Tomcavage stirred things up. The 27-year-old Las Vegas cocktail waitress must have forgotten that the cameras were on when she

Dick sacrifices himself for Daniele but America

Courteys of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Big Brother

by Trish Wethman

Episode Recap: PoV 6

"How many times have we seen, in this game, the pawn go home?" Truer words were never spoken, Evel Dick, and that's exactly what I was thinking (which only scares me a little).

While the safe bet is that Dick will be saying his farewells on Thursday night, I

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Big Brother

by Trish Wethman

Episode Recap: Eviction 6

"There

Dustin Gets the Boot

By Mandi Bierly

The Chicago shoe salesman and newest ''Big Brother'' evictee talks about ''choosing'' to keep Eric, STDs, why Dick is pure evil, and achieving his main goal: making it to the jury

dustin_l.jpg

DUSTIN ''I'd become overconfident in the way I was playing

the game, and I sort of lost a level-headedness about it.

That's inevitably what led to my demise''

You know what we're already missing (besides Dustin's gray V-neck T-shirts)? The freedom to ask the Big Brother evictees whatever we want! Starting with Dustin Erikstrup, the 22-year-old shoe salesman from Chicago, who was sent packing Thursday night by a vote of 4 to 2, the ousted houseguests are now sequestered members of the jury that will decide the show's winner. That means we can't ask them about anything they did not witness for themselves in the house. Fighting the urge to tell Dustin that Jessica thought he had a secret alliance with Dick and Daniele

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Big Brother 8 Footage To Stream On V CAST Mobile TV

Contestants on Big Brother 8 may be housebound, but fans of the hit TV show can follow the drama of this season's final four weeks live, wherever they are. Marking the first time content from a primetime television show has aired live and continuously on mobile handsets in the U.S., CBS Mobile, Verizon Wireless and MediaFLOTM USA Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of QUALCOMM Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), have teamed up to provide a new channel dedicated to Big Brother 8. The channel will air a real-time, 24/7 feed of the activity inside the Big Brother House from August 19 through the season finale on Sept. 18, 2007 (note: programming is subject to change). In total, hundreds of hours of live programming will air on the Big Brother service, which is available at no additional charge to V CAST Mobile TV subscribers.

"We are thrilled to provide Big Brother's passionate and digitally savvy fans with yet another way to keep connected to the show 24/7," said Cyriac Roeding, executive vice president, CBS Mobile. "CBS Mobile is about innovation and creating truly made-for-mobile experiences. This Big Brother channel is both - a first in the U.S., and the most mobile entertainment possible - allowing you to

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Big Brother

by Trish Wethman

Episode Recap: Nomination 7

Through some unfortunate confluence of bad luck and unfortunate HBO programming moves, I am actually on the hook for all three of my blogs tonight. So for my Big Brother recap, please keep in mind that old saying about brevity being the soul of wit, or something like that.

Actually it is going to be really easy to keep things short and sweet tonight since there wasn

Dustin defends calling his dog a racist name

Big Brother 8 cast member Dustin Erikstrup is the first member of the show

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Big Brother's Dustin: My Ego Trip Was My Downfall

by Nina H

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Big Brother

by Trish Wethman

Episode Recap: PoV 7

I am having a very unexpected reaction to the nomination of Jen in place of Amber. I think it is

Archived