Saturday, September 2nd

CeCiMom

cindyannie: I'm pretty sure I've written this in reply to you in another thread in which you wrote that J's putting up CT wouldn't have helped.

"Putting up CT" is a straw-man argument.

The play to guarantee eliminating either E. or one of CT was to put up E. and MB.

Then if E. won and took herself off, she would put up W.

E. would vote to keep MB. G. would almost certainly be willing to promise to vote to evict MB in return for J's putting up Will instead of him as the replacement nom (since there was zero-doubt that if he went up in that situation he was gone), and if he made the promise he'd keep it. So the vote would have been 1-1 and J. could have evicted MB. (or even WIll, but the point is she didn't even need to be willing to evict him: she only needed to be willing to put him on the block as a replacement and to trust George IF E. won PoV.

And with that nom even if MB won PoV he couldn't/wouldn't save E., which was a possibility J. had to at least consider, given the sleeping arrangements.

So yes, she MISSED the right play. (And the first thing she SAID was that she was going to do it; then WIll told her not to and she said "okay".)

Guest StarBaby

Sooooooooooo, BB must have told them POV starts in 45 minutes -- but I don't know what time they were told that. Will just made some reference to it though, and everybody is primping, so it must be soon.

Guest StarBaby

I don't remember the big puzzle either -- I probably would if they did a version of it again, once I saw it. Doesn't help for now though, does it. I honestly don't think it will be endurance, since part one of the Final HOH is always endurance.

I just hope it's not hours before we find out, and I hope Janelle wins, or really anyone BUT Erika.

Thanks StarBaby... I agree. I can't see it being endurance because we know that's a huge part of the final competitions. I just know I really really want Janelle to get this. I can't trust Will to save her and I'd feel much better knowing she saved herself.

Guest StarBaby

Here's what was on CBS about last years final veto comp: "The Missing Link" is set up as a chain of hidden clues. The HouseGuests have to uncover the questions and clues and answer them with the correct HouseGuest's face. The clues are set up as a chain. By placing the correct HouseGuest's faces to the right and left side of the clues, they link each answer to the next clue. Each clue leads into the next, so each has to be correct before the overall chain will work. When the chain is complete, they press their button, which rings when correct and buzzes when incorrect. The girls have trouble getting all their links correct, and even "brainy Janey" finds the competition a challenge. Call it a stroke of luck or of genius, but Ivette completes the chain to win the Golden Power of Veto.

(I still don't remember it)

It's cute because according to ju, jdoll's getting all pumped up and psyched up for the veto. she's moving all around like a boxer getting ready for a fight. she's got her sports clothes on and her comp gloves! how cute, i love those little gloves. i hope they bring her luck. however, erika's doing a good job memorizing bb facts. i hope j's been studying just as much if not more. everyone's getting ready trying to remember as much as possible.

Guest StarBaby

Well, they've all been memorizing and drilling. And they are doing great, but let's see who can do the best under the pressure of the POV comp. It's a lot easier sitting in the house and not in the heat of the competition. (kind of like how you can always solve the puzzle on wheel of fortune sitting at home - LOL)

It's cute because according to ju, jdoll's getting all pumped up and psyched up for the veto. she's moving all around like a boxer getting ready for a fight. she's got her sports clothes on and her comp gloves! how cute, i love those little gloves. i hope they bring her luck. however, erika's doing a good job memorizing bb facts. i hope j's been studying just as much if not more. everyone's getting ready trying to remember as much as possible.

:D Go Janie!!!

Archived