Chatbox
    That was a great first night. Thank you everyone that posted. When midnight rolls around in the BB house, I start the next day's thread. It is now Thursday September 29, 2016 please use that thread. GN, & Thanks again. ~Morty
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turtle

41 posts in this topic

I'm not sure what an avatar is...

The neat little blue box with eyes that you have below your username...

One of those...

Ohh...it's Dory...

Sorry...my computer froze it and it looked like a blue box with eyes

At the very top of the forum pages, click on "profile" and scroll down until you see the avatar section. You can add an avatar there.

You can also make your own picture instead of using the pre-made ones, but that is a lot more involved.

I tried to get one off of google...but I don't know if it worked...

This is me testing it...

P.S. Adore, I love yours! LOL

:cry:

I don't know why it didn't work...

I saved one from google...went to the avatar part of the profile, and clicked browse, and then double clicked the link, and hit submit...what did I do wrong?

Thanks for the compliment. I like my avatar too. When I made it yesterday, my kids were rofl. My husband said I was mean, even though he probably likes Eric less than I do. lol

You can make your avatar smaller in any draw program on your computer, I think. I did it in my regular Paint program. Good luck!

Here's the problem - when I try to change my avatar, my old avatar comes up, in different dimensions instead of the new picture from my computer.

I've checked the following:

1. size - it's only 4 kbs

2. extension name - it's ok: .jpg

3. dimensions - should be fine

4. I've removed my old avatar a ton of times, but when i load my new one, my old one just keeps returning as my new avatar.

I've checked Help and old posts, but no luck! Any help?

Glad you got it sorted.

I will get an Avatar Information post done when I get chance. :D

I don't know if I am in the right place but can anyone help me on how to add a photo? If I am in the wrong place, please direct me in the right direction. Thank you.

Got to My Controls at the top right of you screen. This takes you to Your Control Center.

At the left you will see the Menu.

menu4xv.jpg

Under Personal Profile, click on Edit Avatar Settings.

This will take you to your Control Panel.

panel4fz.jpg

You can choose pictures from the Base Gallery (click the arrow and choose a gallery) or click the Browse button to select a file you have on your computer.

Click Update Avatar and you should be done.

Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB and 90 x 90. The following file types are allowed: gif,jpg,jpeg,png. If you are uploading an animated file and it is the wrong size, the board will resize it. BUT it will also stop it from being animated.

You can edit gif files HERE or PM me for help.

Hope that helps.

Jem

HOW do you get your avatar to be animated?? I think I've tried everything. Guess I just don't have that "something" to make them work!! Any hints..ideas..offers of help...would be greatly appreciated.

:rolleyes::blink:

You need to find an animated one (gif file). One place to look is http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&q= The board size limit is Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB and 90 x 90. The following file types are allowed: gif,jpg,jpeg,png

Then if it's too big it has to be re-size. The board does it and in doing so stops if from being animated and generally makes it look stretched.

If you have one that is animated, you can email it to me jem@mortystv.com and I can try and re-size it for you.

I got it now Jem...Thanks... :P

NOW...If you won't mind emailing me back and telling me just HOW you resized it, I'll be happy!!

Mmmmmmm...You can put your bunny back up now...lol

:blush::blush: Sorry, I tested it and forgot to take it off. Or I did and it didn't seem to work. :unsure:

Since BB is over (not technically but since Janie is gone WGAF) When exactly will they be ready to use? Its time for lost and I need my Sawyer pic!!!! YEAH :)

There are a few board things that need to be done too. Not sure when Morty will turn avatars back on.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....I feel whole again.