Venting / Ranting / Analysis

Guest DallasKincaid

Guest DallasKincaid

I've been a huge fan of Big Brother since the first season. It seems that each year the show gets worse and worse. I've started to compile a list of things I believe are wrong:

1 - The live feeds are horrible this year. I can't remember the last time we had so much fish. Sometimes it's for 3 seconds, sometimes for three hours. The three second ones irk me the most.

2 - More live feeds: Why are we seeing all 4 feeds on the same thing? Why are we seeing the cameras sometimes on empty rooms? This is a huge let down from even last year.

3 - Fighting: How come Eric was allowed to stay? People have been kicked out in two other seasons for FAR less. I mean FARRRRR less. It almost makes you think Big Brother is encouraging the drama...hmmmm

4 - Cast: How come we are stuck with all pretty people this year? No offense, I like boobs and butt just like everyone else...but give me a break! That was always part of the attraction in years past. We got to see how a 40 something redneck (chicken George anyone?) get along with a 23 year old New Yorker. It made things far more interesting. It seems like every year we get more and more wannabe actors and less normal people.

I have many more, but these 4 things have really bothered me for some reason this year. Don't tell me about "reading the fine print" for the feeds. They cut to fish so much now it's pathetic.

Anyhow, I'd really like to see what other people think...

D

Guest DallasKincaid

I knew someone would come back with that fantastic response of "Don't Watch"

The fact of the matter is that I'm a dedicated fan of the show. I buy the feeds and watch every episode. This gives me the right to make complaints.

Do you honestly feel my points were not valid? If so, don't read. ;)

Guest Queen Of The Jumbies
4 - Cast:  How come we are stuck with all pretty people this year?  No offense, I like boobs and butt just like everyone else...but give me a break!  That was always part of the attraction in years past.  We got to see how a 40 something redneck (chicken George anyone?)  get along with a 23 year old New Yorker.    It made things far more interesting.  It seems like every year we get more and more wannabe actors and less normal people. 

I totally agree with you on that one! I'm a BB fan since BB1... each season the "cast" has become less and less "normal" people! If each season from now on ends up being nothing but PRETTY WANNABE ACTORS & MODELS... I just might quit watching! :evil:

Guest Queen Of The Jumbies
so they arent normal because they are pretty or models?

They aren't an average person... in looks! One thing that BB has done by having all young HG is alienate their older viewers! Like me! I'm 47 years old... sure all the young, hard bodies are great to look at... for awhile! Then... you need someone with some substance... someone who has the life experiences that comes with age! PLUS... what could be hotter than an older female HG hookin' up with a younger male HG... on air!!! :clap Yeah!!! :twisted: But... that's not going to happen this season. :(

Guest metaldale

Dallas you are right on each and every single point.

My only thought on the model types (and I am not a fan of so many either!) is they needed a few (read at least half) for eye candy and of course pretty people do not surround themselves with ugly or old people as friends / partners etc... So once they committed to this idea of pairs playing the game, they kind of painted themselves in a corner I guess.

If they had two old rednecks from the same area it would stick out more somehow I guess. People might figure out the pair thing faster?

Sorry to babble haha but great points all around Dallas and Furio's comments of running around telling everyone do not watch are lame (he does it everywhere someone is not happy with something), like you said we are die hards, we just want the best show to watch all around and have a right to voice our opinions about it.

I don't think the fish are any worse than last year but that is me.

The whole feed thing with all on same thing does bother me to but it seems to be better lately. Like right now it is on two different things.

As for the fight I won't go down that road in this post. I am definitely not on the side as most people on this site.

I like the cast. It is a good mix. And I certainly think it has been an interesting ride so far.

so they arent normal because they are pretty or models?

They aren't an average person... in looks! One thing that BB has done by having all young HG is alienate their older viewers! Like me! I'm 47 years old... sure all the young, hard bodies are great to look at... for awhile! Then... you need someone with some substance... someone who has the life experiences that comes with age! PLUS... what could be hotter than an older female HG hookin' up with a younger male HG... on air!!! :clap Yeah!!! :twisted: But... that's not going to happen this season. :(

Dana was a good 6 years older than Justin .. and she wasn't what you'd call normal looking.

Is that what you really want?

Guest DallasKincaid

I don't mind the eye candy, but I think a more diverse mix would make the show a little more compelling.

It's hard to take these people seriously when they are pretty much motivated for the fame of it all. I think even the money plays second fiddle to what they view as a vehicle to bigger and better things.

As much as I thought cowboy was a complete moron, at least he was a REAL moron. I have no doubt that he is as much of a moron today as he was last year.

I've been watching the feeds now for the past 6 years. Trust me, they are so scripted now it's pathetic.

I love the show, I think this years group is probably the most egotistical I've ever seen. It makes for great television, but it's hard for me to single out a person in the house that I can related to, and that makes it hard for me to find a favorite.

Just my .02 cents.

Guest somepeople

I agree the live feeds could be so much better. But if i did not have even what they give us i would only know the things that they show on tv and not all the really good stuff and the way it happens.( thanx to live feeds)

I've been a huge fan of Big Brother since the first season.  It seems that each year the show gets worse and worse.

I agree with you. The feeds are a nightmare and I kind of feel ripped off. We get shots of an empty living room for two hours on one feed, a shot of an empty dining room for two hours on another and the other two feeds will be different camera angles of the same conversation. With this many people in the house you'd think the camera people would be working overtime to bring us lots of conversations going on all over the house.

I also would like to see a more diverse group of people represented in the house...although I do appreciate that CBS has put people with very strong personalities who will butt heads in there together :twisted:

I agree about to many pretty people i liked bb1 and bb2 and even bb3 they had average and pretty people on. bb4 and bb5 were not so good. !they need to have a variety of age groups and average people there hasn't been anyone on there that is a little bit overweight man or woman for a long time remember nicole she had a tendancy to put on weight and amy with all of the cheese! :lol: they need to get real people not actor wanna bees

I agree about to many pretty people i liked bb1 and bb2 and even bb3 they had average and pretty people on. bb4 and bb5 were not so good. !they need to have a variety of age groups and average people there hasn't been anyone on there that is a little bit overweight man or woman for a long time remember nicole she had a tendancy to put on weight and amy with all of the cheese! :lol: they need to get real people not actor wanna bees

amy and nicole were so "real"!! i loved them! in my opinion bb2 was the best! wish that could happen again!

Guest Ms Alucard

I totally agree! They should have a wide variety of ages, backgrounds, interests...It appears that many of the HGs are actor or model wannabe's. This group is a particularly mean bunch-all in all, if you ask me. :twisted:

Guest DallasKincaid
I read somewhere that there was a reasoning WHY they are all soooooooo young.  I can't remember the article at the moment, but if i ever find it i will post it here.

Is it because boys like boobies on young 20 something women that wear next to nothing by the pool!?? I say yes!

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name