Big Brother 8 ... In the media

Jem

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOTTOM LINE: D/D WON, no matter what all the d/d haters think, say, or do, Dick has 500,000 and alot of friends and family that love him and Dani has 50,000 (and prolly alot of Dick's money too) she also has NICK! and still alot of friends and family that love her.

In the bitter end for the haters, nothing is gonna change and they are still gonna be winners in this BB8 game and the haters, no matter how ugly they want to get, can just keep cryin :bigcry: on the message boards!!!!!

Way to Go Donato's!!!

BTW, No offense d/d haters you guys have a right to your opinion, just stating the facts! IMO

I think Ed Hill is an ass too! Why don't they ask the 'losers' those same questions? It was nothing but Donato hatred! I didn't agree with all of dick's tactics but I am a Dick fan. Those same people who chastised Daniele for not making her Dad stop acting out towards THEM sat by and said NOTHING when he was doing it to Jen & Kail. They are hypocrites! They even joined in at times when it was directed towards Jen & Kail. TYhey had no room to judge Dani for Dick's behaviour. With that said I am NOT the biggest Dani fan, but the girl kicked butt in competitions (as did Dick when it mattered) and she had strategy! (So did Dick mixed with mental warfare!)

I am ecstatic that the Donato's made it to the final 2 and even more thrilled that Dick WON!!!!!

Exclusive Interview: Jameka Cameron, from Big Brother 8

September 20, 2007

If you were to ask any regular viewer of Big Brother 8 who the all-around best person in the house was, the answer would almost universally be the same: Jameka Cameron. Jameka, although she did play the game harder than many give her credit for, kept her dignity intact and did so in a way that endeared her to fans around the country. Jameka also made it much further in Big Brother than anyone could've expected, finishing in fourth place and coming very close to the final three. We had the pleasure of speaking with Jameka yesterday, one day after the Big Brother 8 finale.

Going into Big Brother 8, as you were on your way to the house, what were your expectations? And how different did the whole experience end up being?

I think Eric said it best. Going to the house, my expectations were, basically there are 13 other house guests in my way of ultimately and potentially winning $500,000. And once I got into the house, it's as if my view shifted. I realized that these aren't just individuals, but they're actual people. And I actually was interested in getting to form some type of friendship. Before I didn't think I would be interested in that at all.

You made it clear that you're a very religious person, very morally centered. How do you think you being religious affected your game play?

That is only one aspect of me. I understand I wasn't portrayed in my entirety, in terms of the type of person that I am, so they wanted to concentrate on that. So any opportunity they found to see me engaged in prayer, or reading the Bible, or what have you, they took it. There are so many other facets of myself that, as I understand, were not aired.

Well, being someone who is religious, do you think it's possible to stay true to what you believe in and then play a game that involves so much lying and backstabbing like Big Brother?

I just want to stay that I don't consider myself religious, I consider myself to be spiritual, and I do have what I feel to be a personal relationship with God. Nonetheless, in the game I went in thinking that I have to do whatever I have to do in order to advance myself in the game.

But after being given the opportunity of actually playing the game, my views changed, and I really wanted to advance myself in the game by actually being honest as much as possible to the best of my ability with everybody. And actually looking out for everybody else, and kind of seeing how far that would advance me in the game.

How difficult is it being in the same house, close quarters with a bunch of big personalities? For instance, Dick.

I feel like I definitely have a big personality. Being in close quarters with him, he's kind of like the whole alpha dog, and you can't have five strong personalities going off all at the same time. So a lot of things that would have normally upset me outside of the house, I had to let fly. Because you already have these other outgoing, outstanding, extroverted personalities, and so I had to lay low in a lot of different areas in the game.

One of the things that fans at home and people who watch the live feeds don't see much of or know much about, is the whole diary room experience. How different was it than what you expected? And was there anything that kind of bothered you about all your diary room sessions?

Yeah, the diary rooms are really an opportunity to air out anything that may be bothering you. Anything that you want to speak on that you possibly feel like may not be captured in its entirety on the show. It's a place where you can elaborate on topics, and I've really wanted to use the diary room for all of those reasons. And that's what I was afraid of, that the information I was actually giving out in the diary room would not be played on the show. So, that kind of sucked.

Last night, what was your personal reaction to Eric revealing himself as America's Player?

The fact that Eric was revealed as America's Player probably did not take me by surprise. I knew that something was up with Eric, and I was actually relieved that he was put up to it, and was actually hoping that he wasn't this shady of a person in real life. So that was actually kind of comforting.

For you, how was the whole jury house experience? It seemed like a pretty awesome place to be.

Yeah, the jury house was, honestly, it was paradise. And I mean they, CBS, along with the production team, treat all of us with the utmost respect. They definitely tend to your needs, and it was a wonderful time there.

Being there without the cameras and being with all the other jury members, was there anyone you started to get along with that you hadn't really in the house?

Absolutely not. In the jury house I still maintained what I considered to be my strong relationships from the house. And it was just another chance, actually for us, to take a step back from one another and just get some time to ourselves.

Now that you're free of the whole Big Brother experience, is there anyone in the house you think you'll have long-lasting friendships with?

I would love to say that I would have long-lasting relationships, or friendships with certain people. But as information is getting back to me, the game wasn't what I thought it would be in some aspects, and it was a lot more than what I anticipated in others. So I'm actually gonna wait until I watch the tape and draw my own conclusions, and hopefully I can at least do e-mail with a lot of the cast, and this and there.

Are you excited to watch the tapes, or is it kind of a scary proposition?

I am so anticipating watching the tapes. I am blocking everything off for like a 33 hours straight period of time to watch everything. Don't call me, cell phone is off, don't disturb me. I'll be by myself at home trying to get through the whole season in literally 33 hours.

You voted for Daniele last night. Was that vote for Daniele or against Dick?

Wow, that's actually an excellent question, it was both. Being in the career that I'm in, in counseling children, I do feel to a certain extent that people look up to me. And I can't very well tell my kids, my students at work to behave respectfully and pretty much be honest with people, and then go on the show and do the opposite of what I advise them to do, and furthermore vote for someone who degrades people and demoralizes them on TV, and see that as acceptable. So it wasn't so much that I felt he wasn't deserving of it, I felt he played a wonderful game, I felt he deserved and earned the money. But on the other hand I couldn't reinforce someone who had a game in the way that he played it.

The way he played the game, the verbal abuse he gave to people, do you think looking back that it was very strategic and mostly an act? Or does it not matter, is it still going too far?

I think at that point when he attacked myself, Amber and Dustin, those were very personal attacks. I would much rather have had so much more respect for him if he were to say,

"I hope so much more is coming up for me that is unknown at this point in time, but I'm hoping that other deals or situations or opportunities may arise. And if not, I'm just happy with returning to work." ~ jameka

uhhh what is she lookin for? an acting gig? a top modeling spot next to amber? uhhh gangsta says to go back to work!

Though you all are certainly entitled to your opinion of EdHill, I would like to point out to you that Ed and the other writers at Midseasonreplacements have not been any more anti-Donato than anti-anyone-else-in-the-house this season.

The writers at MSR have bashed all the houseguests equally, and quite hilariously, in fact. I would encourage you to read their recaps of the season. The ones where they poke fun of Jen and Amber specifically are pretty amusing.

The Big Brother recap archives can be found here, for your amusement.

Big Brother 8: America's Love Affair With Evel Dick

http://www.realityreel.com/news-realitytv-article-2010.htm

By David W. Taylor

Reality Reel Media

There was Evel Dick Donato sitting in the Big Brother House, waiting out the final triumphant minutes when he would reconnect with the outside world. The Donato's carpet-bombed Season Eight!. Beside him was his beautiful daughter, Daniele, elegantly perky. Dick's hair was freshly painted and hued its sinister best; he was shaven, and some delicately applied make-up made sure his cigarette-smoke-sapped face was as refreshed as possible. A promotional Suicidal Tendencies shirt stamped, once again, upon his willowy frame.

I've heard the name "Suicidal Tendencies" over the years but I have never heard any of their music. Just recently I logged onto iTunes and listened to a few songs

Dont know if this has been posted yet.... Sorry if it has...

I found this at buddytv.com

September 21, 2007

Big Brother 8's Amber Siyavus was one of the most controversial houseguests in the show's history. Based on the way the episodes were edited together, you'd think she was crying every moment of the day. She polarized viewers with her openness regarding her history of drug abuse and is responsible for one of the most infamous moments of the season with a derogatory comment about Eric and the Jewish people.

Amber spoke to BuddyTV and was very open and willing to share her thoughts on all the topics on viewers' minds. She talked about her daughter, her friendship with Dustin and Jameka, her faith, her history of drug abuse, and her anti-semitic remark. Below you will find the complete transcript and mp3 audio file of the interview.

Hi, this is John from Buddy TV, and we're talking to Amber, one of the contestants from this season of Big Brother. How you doing, Amber?

I'm good, how are you?

I'm doing great. Now, why did you initially agree to be on the show?

I initially agreed to be on the show because my sister is a huge fan of the show. And obviously the grand prize was $500,000, second place is $50,000. I did it for my family, I saw on TV a casting call down in Nevada, and I went down there and gave my two-minute video message and hoped for the best and being picked as a contestant.

And knowing what you know now, having been through it, would you still go back and audition if you knew what it would actually be like?

That's a really good question. I would have to say yes, I would go and do it again, just because I did it like I said for my family. It was definitely a tough experience and I learned a lot about life, people, and myself

Interesting to read a lot of the background info after the summer of HG hijinks

Just a few of my own observations:

Jameka; I think she is basically a pretty good person but she made one huge mistake. She brought her religion into the game, which is okay. She advertised her religion as guiding her choices in the game. Then she was not consistent in applying it. I think that she deserved criticism for that. She is the exact opposite of Kasar who brought his religion into the game, when it was not easy being a devout muslim, and didn't try to hide behind anything. PS: Jam could not vote for Dick because "she works with children and could not send out a message that it is okay to act the way ED did?" Wow! Meanwhile it is totally okay to bop around naked in a comp? If you are going to play the morality card Jam, be consistent. But I don't think "kids" had anything to do with your vote.

Jen: What can you say. If that was not an act on her part, the woman is certifiable. Scary actually

Amber: What a mess

Eric: I like Eric and he handled the America's choice job great. He really lucked out hooking up with Jessica too. But will he really be able to survive in Kansas?

Jessica: Attractive, smart, but let herself be guided too much by Eric as an extension of AC. Had she acted on her own impulses she might have gone further and won.

Danielle: so much still a kid, but hey, it must have been rough dealing with the game and having her dad show up as he did and circumstances we will probably never understand. For that I forgive her sometimes bratty behaviour. But she is a smart kid, no doubt about it, and a lot more like her dad than she thinks.

Zach: I swear. The image that stuck in my mind was Will Farrell playing the Butabi brother in A Night at the Roxbury. They let him hang around long enough to be dangerous in the physical comps, which was probably a huge mistake by D&D. Never knew enough about BB to master the mental comps. Does anyone REALLY think Zach found religion with Jam, or just a vote?

ED: I think most folks probably heard about this guy and hated him initially. I know I did. The thing is folks came to realize a few things about this guy: He has a heart. He is not a phony, WYSIWYG. He is smart. He was just about the most consistent HG in terms of his approach. In a weird way he was very real and entertaining. It was kind of like Janelle. You might have expected her to be self absorbed like Jen was. But Janey was a real person and you got the idea that Dick was just being Dick. Dick was tough on the HGs as a strategy, but hey it worked. Quite frankly he was bang on being critical of Jam. He never attacked her religion, just how she applied it

Go4it :

:cheers:

I pretty much agree with everything you said; minus Janelle, I never really liked her.

And I can't speak to the Will Farrell thing I never saw that movie

And I for one liked Dick right outta the gate

but I LOVE and cant agree more with these:

Jameka; I think she is basically a pretty good person but she made one huge mistake. She brought her religion into the game, which is okay. She advertised her religion as guiding her choices in the game. Then she was not consistent in applying it. I think that she deserved criticism for that. She is the exact opposite of Kasar who brought his religion into the game, when it was not easy being a devout muslim, and didn't try to hide behind anything. PS: Jam could not vote for Dick because "she works with children and could not send out a message that it is okay to act the way ED did?" Wow! Meanwhile it is totally okay to bop around naked in a comp? If you are going to play the morality card Jam, be consistent. But I don't think "kids" had anything to do with your vote.

Zach; Does anyone REALLY think Zach found religion with Jam, or just a vote?

Dick; Quite frankly he was bang on being critical of Jam. He never attacked her religion, just how she applied it

Archived