Bring Back the Chickenman

Day 40: Josh's secret love revealed

"Do you want to hear a story?" Josh asked suddenly as they were doing the dinner dishes. "Sure." Brittany said, slightly unsure.

Josh told Brittany about a girl he had met while playing basketball almost two years before. He was still dating the 'five-year girl' at that time, but he and the new girl became fast friends. [i'm wondering if either girl is Erika]

Brittany seemed to realize that Josh was telling her something that might be important, and she grew very quiet. As he spoke, she kept her eyes on her hands and the dishes.

"If I really like someone, I never say anything," he explained, leaving Brittany to fill in the blanks.

Josh said that the basketball-playing girl invited him to Las Vegas, but she was there to meet another guy. At that point, Josh decided never to tell the girl how he felt. Brittany began to cast furtive glances at him.

For eighteen months, Josh said, he carried a torch. Finally, a few days before he came to the house, he told her how he felt. The unnamed girl said she felt the same way about him, but since he was about to go into the Big Brother house, she thought that they shouldn't start anything. So without so much as a kiss from her, he entered the house.

His tale finished, he looked expectantly at Brittany.

Brittany mustered her finest noble face and said the fact that the girl lived in his town and went to his school was a score. Noncommittal as ever, Josh replied that he wasn't sure he was going back to school. Brittany looked confused and hurt at the same time. She seemed to be struggling to find the moral of the story.

"It's so good you were such good friends first," she said, her voice cracking. She looked down at the sink. "Is she on your list?" Brittany asked. (Each House Guest had supplied Big Brother with a list of people he or she would like to have present upon banishment. Josh had always maintained that the only people on his list were his sister and his 2-year-old niece.)

"Yes," he said, smiling.

Brittany smiled back, but it was clear her mind was racing with the new information.

Later, as Brittany worked on highlighting Josh's hair, carefully pulling strands through the highlight cap, he asked her if his story had hurt her feelings. "Yes, but it's not like I'm dying," she said emotionally.

Day 41 Big Brother Turns Back Time: How would they change their votes if they could?

Big Brother individually summoned each House Guest to the Red Room. Once seated, Big Brother told each guest that they couldn't change their nomination vote. However, he asked them if they could change their vote, would they and why?

BRITTANY

"I would change my vote and not vote Josh," Brittany said. She then took a moment to decide whom she would vote for. "I guess George, because he didn't have any votes and he'd only have one vote and he wouldn't get voted out."

JAMIE

Jamie pondered the question for a moment. "No, I would not change my vote," Jamie replied. She stated that the reason she wouldn't change her vote is that she knows that Karen misses her kids, is really homesick and she doesn't want to stay. "As she puts it, she is 90% really, really wanting to go." Jamie stuck by her decision to send her friend home.

GEORGE

"If I could change my vote, I would. Instead of voting for Cassandra, even though I still believe that she would be, by far, the best representative for us out there ... she really wants to be here," George said. He was impressed with the manner in which Cassandra carried herself after the last nomination round concluded. "She took it as a true sportsman," he said. George was also impressed with how Cassandra managed the nomination with dignity and how she didn't let it affect her behavior in the house. "That is one fine woman."

George said he would most likely replace his Cassandra vote with a vote for Karen. He didn't appreciate the way she has conducted herself since the nominations were announced. He attributes Karen's erratic behavior to boredom and her attempt to quit smoking. "I don't know whether or not she could take another nomination. It has been really tough for her," George concluded.

JOSH

"No, I was comfortable with my vote," Josh confidently said, "and I would stand by it." Josh relayed that the reasons for his nominations have not changed. He voted for Curtis because he knows exactly what he plans to do when he leaves the house. He voted for Karen because he knows she misses her kids and he could tell that this was no longer fun for her.

CURTIS

"Yeah, I would take back a vote, if I could. I would take back the vote I had made for Josh," Curtis replied. The primary reason he voted for Josh was just to see what kind of person he was. "Josh has been as consistent of a good guy as he has always been with me. I don't think I would nominate him next round."

Curtis then revealed that he might swap Josh for Karen. "For the reason that I think Josh being nominated revealed more about him, I think Karen being nominated revealed a little more about her. One, Karen being nominated showed just how much she does miss her children and the outside world." Curtis concluded by saying that he feels the competitiveness of the house, compounded by the stress of her nomination, makes her behave negatively towards the other House Guests and that perhaps leaving would be the best thing for her.

KAREN

Karen had trouble remembering whom she had nominated. Big Brother reminded her that she had nominated Josh and Cassandra. "Probably not. I definitely have second thoughts about Josh, but he can hold his own. I'm not worried about it," Karen said.

Karen felt that Cassandra would be the most likely candidate for banishment if it were between her and Josh. She revealed that Cassandra's personality seems to be the one that doesn't fit in with the rest of the house. "I'd feel the second person up to her (Cassandra) wouldn't have anything to worry about. Which was really strange because Josh got more votes in the house. But I think on the outside Cassandra probably would be the one that would be banished."

EDDIE

"Nah, I don't think I would change my nomination," said Eddie. He then explained his theory of why he thinks it is healthy for people to be nominated. "It keeps them in line, so that they know they are not perfect." Eddie then reiterated that he would not change his vote this week and he firmly stands behind his choices.

CASSANDRA

"No," Cassandra immediately replied. "I think my reasons for nominating those people were sound and I don't second-guess myself."

Here's a picture:

_949910_josh150.jpg

And a fact about Josh, he was the first BB HG to sell something BB related on eBay. Anyone remember what he sold?

• 3 months later...
Guest Shockalot

HONESTLY...

And Im asking this in total sincerity but if Four Million People can actually get off their Duffs and take the time to vote for "One of those three" from this BB6 Season....

SURELY we can put even half that effort into voting for JUST ONE.. only one.. 100% so no 'Gangbanging' or Infighting at all.... Just get something going to RETURN THE CHICKENMAN for once and finally for all!

Chickenman George 'IS' BBUSA in so many ways.

I know a lot of the Kids and Newer viewers do not know him.. and that is ALL the MORE reason why The Original ChickenMan needs to return to his rightful home on the Lot.

If for nothing else, he is probably the only thing noteworthy the New Black Panther Party has done in the last 20 years - Named him Chickenman George LMAO!

Seriously.. If I have to make love to Julie Chen I will (ok I will anyway) but what is the deal.

Do I have to sleep with Les Moonves?

I dunno.. but if it means bringing back the Chickenman I just might volunteer Depeche to 'take one for the team' on this.

Seriously.. what do we need to do folks?

Thank you so much for the recaps from BB1. I loved that season too and was kinda sad to see the way the game changed for BB2 and beyond.............I have to say that I was dissapointed in BB2 after having loved BB1 so much, but now, I couldn't imagine not watching BB. It's the only part of summer I look forward to! B)

_949910_josh150.jpg

And a fact about Josh, he was the first BB HG to sell something BB related on eBay. Anyone remember what he sold?

Tank top and shorts... Probably that orange one... I think he signed them too...

I did NOT like BB1 at all. The cast may have been diverse, but the whole set up made it so that the house was anti dramatic. Sure the houseguests had fun, but I wanted to see arguments, and therefore found it boring. What was worse is that America voted out the most controversial people. Someone complains/shouts at someone else.....the house nominates that person.......America votes them out. After the first couple of weeks I couldnt take watching the show anymore (and didn't even bother watching the free live feeds).

I started watching again mid season when CBS tried to put some life into that season by adding a new houseguest. This girl was suppsoed to stir up so much shit, but in order for her to go in, someone had to go out. THey offered EACH of the houseguests 50G's to leave and NOBODY took it. They saw the money like it was the devil, and didn't want to make any deals. I was so pissed off because I wanted to see how this new girl would do.

I didn't really care for Chicken George at all, I guess his humour doesnt work on younger people. The only thing he seemed good for was coming up with crazy plans. I was so hoping for his "lets walk out" plan to go through. From what I remember, he came up with some crazy plan that if all the houseguests were to walk out, then CBS would have to pay them all for winning :lol:. That was the gist of it anyway, I belive CBS would've let them all walk out and then inject the house with their own picks. I can still remember that live show when Julie asked the HG's they were gonna walk out (in a "we dont care if you leave" tone), the shocked look on their faces was too funny because they believed CBS wanted them to stay.

And then there was their "we are such celeberties in the outside world" attitude. Probrably becasue they knew the show was such a big hit in England, but it didn't really catch on here. They would have talks about Josh (a contestent) being on Teen Magazine, or Britney(another contestent) doing movies, and marvel at the legions of fans that they had. I began to watch JUST to see their reaction of not being so popular. I got this satisfaction when A former houseguest got to return (casandra), and she brought the news that they "weren't so big" in the outside world, then I laughed at their pissed off faces.

HONESTLY...

And Im asking this in total sincerity but if Four Million People can actually get off their Duffs and take the time to vote for "One of those three" from this BB6 Season....

SURELY we can put even half that effort into voting for JUST ONE.. only one.. 100% so no 'Gangbanging' or Infighting at all.... Just get something going to RETURN THE CHICKENMAN for once and finally for all!

Chickenman George 'IS' BBUSA in so many ways.

I know a lot of the Kids and Newer viewers do not know him.. and that is ALL the MORE reason why The Original ChickenMan needs to return to his rightful home on the Lot.

If for nothing else, he is probably the only thing noteworthy the New Black Panther Party has done in the last 20 years - Named him Chickenman George LMAO!

Seriously.. If I have to make love to Julie Chen I will (ok I will anyway) but what is the deal.

Do I have to sleep with Les Moonves?

I dunno.. but if it means bringing back the Chickenman I just might volunteer Depeche to 'take one for the team' on this.

Seriously.. what do we need to do folks?

dude, you of all people should remember his city "gangbangning" him to win the money. I remember vivedly the clips of his family and friends at the local bars giving FREE DRINKS out for people to "vote out Britney"

OK - a bit of an outside perspective here, but I think it's quite a fair observation...

The problems with Big Brother 1:

Firstly, the Premiere show. Nothing happened - it just featured Julie talking as a fleet of cars made their way to the house, arriving in the final few minutes. It got off to a bad start!

Secondly, the show schedule. Unlike Europe, it's virtually unheard of on American primetime TV to have a programme scheduled across the week - it just works better for an American audience three times a week.

Thirdly - the structure of the series. The US followed the original European format of having 10 people in the house for up to 100 days, with evictions one week and nominations the next. This meant it was slow and dragged out. The UK version started at the same time as the US, and the UK producers realised the show needed speeding up, so cut the length of the format to 64 days with evictions once a week.

Now, don't get me wrong I think what Big Brother USA has become is a very good show treated on it's own merits, but I believe the show could have been revamped without the huge change in format.

Arnold and co were right to switch the show to three hour-long slots a week. They were right to increase the number of contestants to twelve, and they were right to have evictions every week.

However, even with these changes the original format could have continued. Nominations would be on the Saturday show, with each HG nominating two people for eviction, and the top two facing the viewers vote. This process could still have been used even if HGs were permitted to discuss nominations.

The Tuesday show would then feature the Weekly Task, which would be for food. The tasks in season one may have been poor - but all other countries have shown that as time goes on, the weekly tasks become tougher and more imaginative - and can have a much greater impact on the household than a 30 minute challenge on a Friday morning.

The evictions would then be on Thursdays as usual, with the viewers determining who goes, until just three remain and viewers vote for a winner!

The last to be called, William stepped up as the others cheered him on. The first name Big Brother threw at him was Mean Joe Green. William answered "Dead." When Big Brother said "Wrong," William congratulated himself on the error. After William missed two more questions, Big Brother told the House Guests, "You have lost the week-long challenge." William's spiteful throwing of the game cost the group $70 of their $350 in grocery money.

William sauntered away from the game while the rest of the House Guests stood numb. After a moment of heavy silence, they rallied each other. "We're budgeted for $280," Josh said. Cassandra added, "All right guys, we got it." As they made their way into the house, their cheerfulness seemed forced. Karen said, "Tell me he didn't do that on purpose."

Classic!

ahhh, man I wanna see that season again, even though this dude was only on for about a week

Thanks for the recap from BB1!! I've enjoyed the laughs! I don't know how well Chicken George would do in a house with some of the other previous HG. I would love to see how a few like Mike "Boogie" and Will would handle him dressing up in the bed sheets and comforter and trying to blast off from the shower!! That stunt topped them all!!

Am I the only one who really hated the Chickenman? :blink:

nope, he seemed like a nice enough guy but i didnt care for him on the show, and his family and home town were the original americas choice gangbangers....sorry to hear he is in very poor health now, but cant say i was a fan

Guest Shockalot

Serious Question here folks...

Anybody have an email Addy for Chickenman?

I think his website went defunct about 2-3 seasons ago and I know lots of people would LOVE to hear from him again.

Any leads?

I am sorry, but BB1 was the worst season ever. It was boring, they even tried to pay those people to leave and they wouldn't take the money. That is how desparate the producers were. They made a mistake letting the viewers vote the HG out because it took out the drama and the excitement. I was tired of Britany's whiningy and crying...The only people I liked on there wereEddie and Josh. They were real. PLEASE LETS NOT TRY TO PETITION FOR BB1. Let that season rest. This is the month for Halloween. I can understand why you are trying to scare us....Good Job!!!!!!!!! The hairs are standing up on my arm. :lol:

Am I the only one who really hated the Chickenman? :blink:

Finally Ruby we agree on something NO you are not the only one! Let me get off this post for someone starts a petition.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name