My Name is Earl

Twister

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

My Name Is Earl

The talking-ad insert NBC put in my Entertainment Weekly last week, in which Jason Lee yelled, "I'm talkin' about karma!" every time you opened the magazine, nearly turned me off of the show (especially after my husband hid it under my pillow one night). But I'm glad I disregarded all that. And I could just about ignore this whole plot conceit about Earl righting his past wrongs by hunting people down and forcefully becoming their Roma Downey for the day. What gets me about Earl are the little things

I loved it too, Twister. Thought it was great. One of the better sitcoms I've seen in awhile. Of course, Jason Lee can do no wrong in my eyes. I absolutely love him. He's yummy!

I hope this show becomes a hit and they put it in a different time slot. Too many other things on at 9pm on Tuesdays that I already like.

I hope this show becomes a hit and they put it in a different time slot. Too many other things on at 9pm on Tuesdays that I already like.

Yeah, like Amazing Race starting this Tuesday. Thank goodness for satellite dishes with different time zone feeds. I can watch one show at 9:00 p.m. Eastern and the other at 9:00 p.m. Pacific time.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

My Name Is Earl

How lovable are these characters? Especially Randy, who once sacrificed his one shot at a touchdown in high school for his brother's bet, and his only real regret is that he never got lifted up by people. Darnell's so sweet, the old lady he tries to mug offers him a candy bar. Kenny, who's now out and proud thanks to Earl, is going out of his way to help them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

My Name Is Earl

Let any other sitcom on or off the air feature beauty pageants, particularly of the mother-daughter variety, and you'd get some of the same clich

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK MATT

Question: After watching this past week's episode of My Name Is Earl , I realize how surprisingly good Jaime Pressly is in her role as Earl's ex-wife. A little over the top, but it fits in well with this quirky show. So much so that I think she should get an Emmy nomination come next year. What do you think the chances are of that, along with Jason Lee (who is always pretty solid) and Ethan Suplee (who plays the dim-witted heart-of-gold brother so subtly)?

My Name Is Earl

Earl, I forgive you for making the husband sing the Smokey and the Bandit song for the next 48 hours. But only because we got an extra dose of Randy cuteness and a dog named Poochie tonight. Though I'm not exactly with him on Amnesty Day at the adult-video store or the cheerleaders' bikini dog wash (do the dogs wear the bikinis?), I was awfully disappointed for Randy every time Earl chose golf-obsessed Scott (Johnny Galecki from Roseanne) over going to the fair. And really, wasn't Scott's downfall caused by his own hubris as much as by Earl's quest for free beer? Hubris must've been a different episode on Carson Daly. Through Randy's eyes, Scott was pretty well off just having that car with a TV in it and, as Randy put it, "Now you have beer, so sometimes things work out." So when Scott's girlfriend, frustrated that he'd never taken her to Colonial Williamsburg, went off to Ozzfest and "churned some guy's butter," I think he kind of deserved it.

Other things to love about this episode:

- The messed up Say Anything reenactment, during which the black downstairs neighbor thought they were burning a cross and throwing shoes at him. "We're not moving!"

- Seeing Earl and Randy in their idea of preppy clothing. And Randy's "I need to call my banker" excuse for not revealing his golf score.

- Earl renting Smokey's Trans Am. But could it possibly be cooler than Joy's Subaru Brat? And is it completely obvious that I had to get the husband (who's still singing) to tell me the names of these cars? "Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin'..."

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Earl's Jaime Pressly Has Broughten It

by Matt Webb Mitovich

For a moment there, it appeared as if Jaime Pressly's legacy might be Not Another Teen Movie, in which her cheerleader RSVP'd to a rival's invite to "bring it on" by snapping, "Oh, it's already been broughten." But with her starring role on NBC's hit freshman comedy My Name Is Earl (Tuesdays at 9 pm/ET), Pressly has dodged such a date with infamy, eliciting raves from both the press and the populace for her portrayal of Jason Lee's on-screen ex, Joy. This week's episode, centered around Joy's pending nuptials to Darnell (aka Crab Man), promises Pressly in her finest form, as the script immediately became the actress' favorite to date.

After recounting Earl's glowing reviews

Edited by Dade

My Name Is Earl

Earl, I forgive you for making the husband sing the Smokey and the Bandit song for the next 48 hours. But only because we got an extra dose of Randy cuteness and a dog named Poochie tonight. Though I'm not exactly with him on Amnesty Day at the adult-video store or the cheerleaders' bikini dog wash (do the dogs wear the bikinis?), I was awfully disappointed for Randy every time Earl chose golf-obsessed Scott (Johnny Galecki from Roseanne) over going to the fair. And really, wasn't Scott's downfall caused by his own hubris as much as by Earl's quest for free beer? Hubris must've been a different episode on Carson Daly. Through Randy's eyes, Scott was pretty well off just having that car with a TV in it and, as Randy put it, "Now you have beer, so sometimes things work out." So when Scott's girlfriend, frustrated that he'd never taken her to Colonial Williamsburg, went off to Ozzfest and "churned some guy's butter," I think he kind of deserved it.

Other things to love about this episode:

- The messed up Say Anything reenactment, during which the black downstairs neighbor thought they were burning a cross and throwing shoes at him. "We're not moving!"

- Seeing Earl and Randy in their idea of preppy clothing. And Randy's "I need to call my banker" excuse for not revealing his golf score.

- Earl renting Smokey's Trans Am. But could it possibly be cooler than Joy's Subaru Brat? And is it completely obvious that I had to get the husband (who's still singing) to tell me the names of these cars? "Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin'..."

Yup all of it was from the WATERCOOLER. If I add something personal I put (Poster note:.....) so it doesnt get confused with the article, but I try not to add to them.

I cant help you with the movie scenes, sorry.

My Name Is Earl

Poor Darnell. It seems the root of his problem, that is, the reason he's so easily taken in by Joy, is that he thinks a "vixen" is nothing more than one of Santa's reindeer. Then again, Earl's not much better off. It's not entirely his fault he ruined Joy's wedding

ourtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

My Name Is Earl

In case you thought Randy and Darnell were cut from the same simple, naive cloth, tonight we got the perfect example of what differentiates them: When imagining his dad as the mayor, Randy says, "We'd get to wear top hats and sashes and judge beauty contests!" When asked if he'd like to register to vote, Darnell says he already is registered, "not that it matters because until we reform the electoral college, the popular votes will be ignored and we'll keep electing presidents who only get a minority of the vote," and turns back to his game of Mousetrap. I'm not going to even touch Earl's politics, but I like to think that this episode sort of explained his moral ambiguity. With such a wishy-washy mom and a blowhard dad, how is a kid supposed to learn right from wrong? Mayor Park's ads had a point. What did Carl Hickey do to prevent his sons from continuing their life of petty crime? Of course, I'm biased, and I think Carl doesn't even deserve to have his son work so hard for his forgiveness, but I did feel bad for Earl when he found out that even Catalina had been to the Hickeys' house for Sunday dinner. Loved the childhood flashbacks in which Earl was already wearing his signature plaid flannels. The best scene of the night, though, had to be that montage of everyone in town realizing how much they hated that airplane noise overhead. Panning upward as if showing apartments in a high-rise, it went from a strip joint, to a patch-eyed man playing pool, to a poodle humping the prosthetic leg of Earl's car-robbery victim, to Joy and Darnell enjoying a game of Mousetrap. Like last week's scene in which Earl spoke to the heartbroken Darnell in a plastic tunnel, it was a bit of cinematic artistry slipped in among the lowbrow comedy.

• 2 weeks later...

My Name Is Earl

"Feliz Navibla!" Tonight teetered dangerously on the border of overly sentimental. Earl saving Christmas is too reminiscent of so many other holiday fables. Of course, over the years he'd ruined Christmas for Joy and the boys in some rather original ways, like by giving her such meaningful gifts as AA batteries, flavored condoms, and her own car keys, and by crashing the boys' bikes on a beer run. I just don't get why Earl feels he needs to repay Joy in such a generous way as giving her a car. He's probably done worse to Randy, and Randy's actually the one who won the car. I hope we get to see more of Buzz and Connie in the future. It was pretty brilliant how they started off looking like these Southern stereotypes, who'd "crap in a sock," according to Joy, if they found out she'd gotten divorced and married a black man. In reality, Connie (Brett Butler!) was leading a double life as a compulsive gambler ("Don't judge me!") and Buzz wasn't racist, he'd just been protecting Joy from dating her half brother in high school. All that was way too much plot and not enough quotable lines. OK, there was Brett/Connie's "I'm a black pot, am I? That would turn you on, wouldn't it?" dance. You can cross me off the karma list if you give us more random humor soon, Earl.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: NBC.COM

MOVING TO THURSDAY JANURAY 5

MY NAME IS EARL at 9/8C

and

THE OFFICE at 9:30/8:30C

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT.COM

Universal Studios Lets 'Earls' In Free

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

08:20 AM PT

jasonlee_mynameisearl_240_003.jpg

Ah, corporate synergy. It's a beautiful thing. Or at least it is if your name happens to be Earl and you happen to want to go to Universal Studios Hollywood during the month of January.

NBC's freshman comedy "My Name Is Earl" is moving from Tuesdays to Thursdays starting on Jan. 5 and corporate parent NBC Universal has decided to promote the shift at its semi-popular Hollywood theme park. Starting on Jan. 5 and running through the rest of the month, Universal Studios Hollywood will offer free admission to all parkgoers named "Earl." Whee!

In addition to getting to ride the rides and stand in the lines and walk up and down the various Universal Studios hills, all participating Earls will get free t-shirts (doubtlessly promoting their favorite show -- assuming said favorite contains the word "Earl") as well.

A press release notes that there are roughly 10,000 dudes named Earl in the Los Angeles area alone. For that reason, the same press release advises people to get to the park "earl"y. Seriously, with humor like that, how can lowly entertainment reporters hope to compete?

No word on whether people named "Joey" will be forcibly ejected from the park.

(With the price of tickets these days...this could be an affordable day. LOL especially of you have several Earls in your family.)

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Is "Bumped Joey" Now on Earl's List?

by Matt Webb Mitovich

One week from now, Earl Hickey will claim that which is rightly his: a berth on NBC's Must-See TV slate, as the freshman hit My Name Is Earl relocates from Tuesday to Thursday at 9 pm/ET, where it will be followed by the equally worthy tagalong The Office. The shake-up also shuffles Will & Grace to the 8 o'clock slot, begging the question

• 2 weeks later...

My Name Is Earl

Between the unfortunate innuendos on the Right Choice Ranch's many signs

My Name Is Earl

Earl was behaving quite like a religious convert when applying the karma philosophy to his "burger dummy" job. He even kinda tried to convert Xena, so she wouldn't feel bad about their abusive boss, played with mischievous glee by Jon Favreau. This fervor, combined with the fact that fellow Scientologist Beck's "Devil's Haircut" was playing in the background at one point, made me think there's something to the theory that this show is really a lesson from Hollywood's favorite dogma. Oh, well. That didn't make it any less funny when before discovering he was "karma's fist," Earl had to endure a mustache mask and a foam burger outfit. And again, Randy provided some gems: Trying to make Darnell's turtle yawn and making the Russian mail-order bride say "moose and squirrel." On a more grown-up note, there were two rather risqu

My Name Is Earl

The wardrobe department has got to be having more fun than anyone on this show. The getups the "gang" wore to their one day of office work were just brilliant

OHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO POOR GUY!!!

................................................................................

Courtesy of: ACCESS HOLLYWOOD

Chicken Pox Halts 'My Name Is Earl' Filming

POSTED: 1:06 pm PST January 23, 2006

UPDATED: 1:09 pm PST January 23, 2006

4765234_200X150.jpg

The cast of "My Name Is Earl"

Jason Lee has an excuse for missing work better suited for a fifth grader. He has the chicken pox.

Production on NBC's "My Name Is Earl" is being shut down for a couple of weeks "until he's feeling better and presentable to be on TV again," said Greg Garcia, the show's creator and executive producer.

The freshman comedy is a bright spot on NBC's schedule and was recently moved to Thursdays, once the fabled home of the network's "must-see TV" lineup.

NBC announced Sunday it was renewing "My Name Is Earl" and another Thursday comedy, "The Office," for a second season.