Season 2: Episode 2.07: The Other 48 Days

Jem

• 2 weeks later...

OMG... the other 48 days... what an intriguing title!

The first 48 days as seen by the other set of survivors? The first 48 days as seen by "the others"? The first 48 days as seen by the monster/security system/desmond/hatch dwellers?????

aaaaack!! The possibilities!!!

:o

OMG... the other 48 days... what an intriguing title!

The first 48 days as seen by the other set of survivors? The first 48 days as seen by "the others"? The first 48 days as seen by the monster/security system/desmond/hatch dwellers?????

aaaaack!! The possibilities!!!

:o

I agree with you, raydog- definitely the most interesting title for a season 2 episode! I'm guessing it's probably going to be ana lucia's story...can't wait to find out!

10/11 - The entire seventh episode will be devoted to [Ana-Lucia's group] backstory, meaning, we find out precisely what happened to them for the past month and a half they

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Episode 2.07: The Other 48 Days

Airdate: November 16, 2005

• 10/31 - Guest starring are Sam Anderson as Bernard, Kimberley Joseph as Cindy, Brett Cullen as Goodwin, Josh Randall as Nathan, Glenn Lehmann as Donald, Kiersten Havelock as Emma and Mickey Graue as Zack. Source: ABC
  • 10/21 - The harrowing first 48 days in the lives of the tail section survivors are revealed. Guest starring: Josh Randall, Kimberley Joseph, Sam Anderson, Micki Graue, Kiersten Havelock, Brett Cullen, and Glen Lehmann. Source: ABC
  • 10/21 - Matthew Fox revealed that this episode will not feature any of the regular cast. Source: E! [Note: By "regular", Fox means the regular actors we saw in season 1.]
  • 10/11 - The entire seventh episode will be devoted to [Ana-Lucia's group] backstory, meaning, we find out precisely what happened to them for the past month and a half they

I have a question....Is there only going to be 1 episode that reveals the tailend people 48 days on the island or will they show it for more than 1 episode? Just curious...I would think that they would need a few episodes to show what has happened to them for that long...I mean jeeesh it took a whole season to see what happened to the fronttail :huh: (?) people.

48days49xz.jpg

48days68lr.jpg

Pictures from this episode.

:blink::blink::o:o:o ...THE BEAR!!! Thanks for the photos! I can't wait!

Could the boy and girl be playing the characters Emma and Zack? That would be my guess...and most likely they were taken by the others as well. I wonder if they have special powers like Walt... :unsure:

Guest ranster627

I am not sure I want to see what happened to Goodwin the way she talked about it tonight ... if you ask me, this should have aired on Halloween ...

I am not sure I want to see what happened to Goodwin the way she talked about it tonight ... if you ask me, this should have aired on Halloween ...

most definitely, Ran! This episode should be a doozy! So far, Ana has not been a very likeable character, to say the least. But I think we are going to see, once again (like Shannon's backstory), that all is not black & white...

I hope I'm not the only fanatic that cant wait to see tonight's show!! Hurry up!

And I really dont find anything that comes on before Lost to be interesting at all (a good time to do a load of laundy i suppose...hmmmm, maybe)

Maybe I misunderstood the preview for next week but, it looks like Ana Lucia shoots Sayid too? What bothers me about this is that I thought I remembered a scene where Ana kinda scoffs at Sawyer about them protecting them with a gun and ONE bullet... how is it that she can then shoot and kill Shannon and then shoot at Sayid?

Let me know if I got this wrong... cause I don't like thinking that the writers screwed up... lol

Yeah they did say it was just one bullet.

You know it's gonna be explained. The writers wouldn't make a huge mistake like that...

I don't think Ana fired... it had to be someone else who fired.

Also.... I gotta say the people who were saying Goodwin was one of the passengers are MORONS! I'm not sure if anyone here said that but I know they did on the main message boards.

Ever since that episode where Jin stumbles upon his body... .. Jin points at the corpse and says "Others?"

And Echo nods and says his name is Goodwin.

I mean how much clearer do people want it?

Apparently they need to make it clearer if dorks kept thinking he was a passenger killed :\

How soon some forget about Ethan and his antics.

And yeah... I really enjoyed this episode!!!

It was a bit rushed though. I really wish they had made it 2hrs.. even an hour 30. Just take off the 2 crappy shows before it.. no one watches those anyway.

We learned so much.. got some answers (like who was on the other end of that radio with Boone).. and now have a ton more questions.

And and yeah..... I really like Ana now. Tough chick that I'm hoping will kick Kate right in her face. :lol:

Ya just gotta love this show!!!

I agree...a very good episode! My main question is about the list and Goodwin's comment when Ana asked if he killed Nathan. Goodwin said "he wasn't a good person, he wasn't on the list". So this kind of bolsters the theory going around the internet that all the crash survivors left have some past history that labels them as bad and that is why they are left...for some kind of experiment conducted by the military? Also, those in the front section of the plane didn't have anyone taken except for Walt (Scott was killed however)...c'mon, you're telling me that Rose has some bad history?? This also makes me wonder once again about Desmond...ahh, so much more to uncover! I LOVE IT! :D

one more observation my son had...he thinks they're is going to be some Locke/Eko connection due to the whole backgammon, black & white stones, eyes, etc. ...thinks it's some sort of foreshadowing of things to come...oh, and I don't know about you, but I can't wait to find out whose glass eye that is!! :blink:

Ok, i need something cleared up .. .. ...

Bernard - Why was he buckled in a chair?? Wasnt he in the back of the plane cause he had to get up and go to the bathroom?? Unless he hurried up and sat down and buckled up when the turbulance started, but it didnt last too long before the last half of the plane went down.

I am obsessed with consistancies, and my world woyuld not be right if they overlooked this ....

Im glad i now understand why Ana Lucia has become so bitter and angry. I hope we get some back story on her. She never got to answer, and we never got to hear what she does for a living (or did we)

The Children !!!.. .. .. well, at least we know they are alive, just like the rest hopefully. This is getting creepier and creepier

And the list!!! was it made by goodwyn right after the crash, or did the others have the list pre-crash!?!?!?

Wasnt it awesome when the plane fell. So good.

Next week: I cannot wait to see the reunion of Bernard and Rose. OMG, I think i will cry. Yeah, ill be stoned then, so itll probably get me ...lol

Curses!! Once again, I have more questions and answers.

So with Shannon dead (okay I'm convinced), will Jack never know their connection?

Is it me or is there a connection between Eko and Ana? The meanings behind their names "Sound" and "Light" makes me put them together.

What about the two female healers Cindy (meaning Moon) and Sun. (got the feeling I'm reading too much into this?)

I do believe Walt was really there and not just a telepathic imprint, so where did he go?

If she killed Goodwin because he was one of the Others? Why, when they were talking about carrying Sawyer, did she ask "Remember Goodwin?" When she said it last week, i assumed the Others got him.

I missed the confrontation with Goodwin and Ana, what did he say about the children? That they were "good" or "innocent".

Who is the woman Ana killed? Was she the French lady's "Alex"?

Is it me or is there a connection between Eko and Ana? The meanings behind their names "Sound" and "Light" makes me put them together. What about the two female healers Cindy (meaning Moon) and Sun. (got the feeling I'm reading too much into this?)

The writers have said that the names that they have given characters, for the most part, have a meaning... for example John Locke was a philosopher back in the late 1600's. Jack Shepard "sheparding" the survivors to the caves to keep them safe... so no, I don't think you are reading too much into the names!! :D

Was this the first episode you watched? (not to be mean, I'm just asking :P ) Ana killed Shannon, who was one of the survivors - Walt (the boy dripping wet/whispering/appearing around the island) left his dog Vincent in Shannon's care when he left the island on the raft wtih Sawyer (long hair hottie on the beach at the end last nite), Jin (Asian dude who was tied up and went running down to the beach) and his father Michael (the black man on the beach w/ Sawyer when Jin ran out yelling "OTHERS!!")

BTW, the producers have confirmed on a podcast that yes, Shannon is dead, and yes, Ana did it. Ana shot her. They point blank said it... if they had a twist planned they woudl have said something like "anything can happen on the island blah blah blah"... so yeah, Shannon is dead, and Ana did it! Some people on the net are all crazy thinking that Shannon isn't really dead, or that there was another shooter somewhere....

I have to re-watch tonite, because I was semi-pre-occupied with my son who wasn't feeling so well.....

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that...

I am also very curious if Trigger Happy Ana took two shots with a gun that only had one bullet....

Was this the first episode you watched? (not to be mean, I'm just asking :P ) Ana killed Shannon, who was one of the survivors - Walt (the boy dripping wet/whispering/appearing around the island) left his dog Vincent in Shannon's care when he left the island on the raft wtih Sawyer (long hair hottie on the beach at the end last nite), Jin (Asian dude who was tied up and went running down to the beach) and his father Michael (the black man on the beach w/ Sawyer when Jin ran out yelling "OTHERS!!")

Sorry, i was sucked onto the island last season. I wasn't talking about who Ana shot, I want to know who Ana killed with the rock/ cool ultimate fighter-wrestler clothesline move reminiscent of good old fasion smashmouth football... when the Others came to collect more tailers. :blink:

I know Shannon was shot by Ana because she didn't know the universal sign for shut-up. I was sort of hoping she wouldn't die this early in the season. I was hoping Jack or Sun could save her...at least for a little while.

so why did ana lucia tell them in last week's episode :'remember what they did to Goodwin?' ??

i was scared for Goodwin the first part of last nights show, because from ana's comment apparently he was going to get it from the others......

soo....did she not explain to them that he WAS an other?

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name