Thinking Out Loud

Guest XandraSkye

Guest ranster627

I am not a great surfer so I rely on Morty's for my brain food ... therefore if this theory has been posted on other sites, feel free to let me know.

I am a huge junkie of "mysterious TV", and I remember two shows that have led me to a possible conclusion with LOST. The shows, "Mysterious Island" featuring Captain Nemo and castaways, and the legendary "Land of the Lost", both had puppet-masters and grand designs lurking in the background.

I feel there is a puppet-master at work here too, my only question:

Is the puppet-master one of the Survivors or is the puppet-master in a control room somewhere. This whole show makes me think of a large behavioural study where a random group of elements of society are thrown together. Most fascinating to me is the interrelation between Michael and Jin, a real commentary on the racial clashing that has occured between these two cultures.

Now my brain is sore, so I will postulate other scenarios when the fog lifts ...

On one other short note: I wonder if we will finally see Jem revealed as the goddess of the island revered through an idol???

:twisted:

I guess you could say that, but more like a "Control Room" type scenario with a wicked scientist experimenting ... or someone who believes they have a "higher calling" (a radical fundamentalist) ... playing with people ...

The Truman Show example would be the monitoring aspect ...

I never said it was a well thought out theory ... I remind you of the fog swirling around in this old brain ...

I just can't shake the feeling that we are still going to be introduced to a major player ....

Guest XandraSkye

I don't think you are way off base at all Ranster. I think it's a good theory. The only thing that sort of disproves your theory is Walt and his ability. He had that ability before coming on the island. But that's pretty flimsy.

Oh, don't listen to me. I have no clue what is going on on that island! :evil:

Guest XandraSkye

In the episode that centered around Michael and Walt, Walt's step-dad told Michael that Walt was "different". And then we see a scene where Walt is thinking about a bird and then a bird flys into the window. Or something along those lines.

We also saw evidence of this on the island when Walt was reading about a Polar Bear and a Polar Bear magically appeared on the island. It's like he has the power to make things happen with his mind. At least, that's what they seem to be applying.

Guest ranster627

Perhaps my "Control Room" thinking centers totally on him then ... one other thought, maybe this is all Walt's imagination??? Maybe Walt is dreaming it all?

Oh no ... here is a doozy ... maybe all of Lost is a comic book Walt is reading?

Oh no ... here is a doozy ... maybe all of Lost is a comic book Walt is reading?

That thought is not so far fetched.........I have thought at times that maybe it could be Locke having a dream of some sort. He and walt have no hurries of getting of that island at all. Walt said he likes it there, and we know that Locke is in his element there. BUt crazy how they seem to all be intwined?? Its almost like a Final Destination?? OR maybe im just loooooooosing it :lol:

Guest ranster627

amazing Brotherlylove ... I had that thought about Final Destination, but that was Pergatory-like which the show denies ...

Although Abrams laughed (appropriately) at a question about when frequent "Alias" plot device Rimbaldi would become a factor on "Lost," he admitted that the show's staff is very conscious of viewer response on sites including "The Fuselage." Thankfully Abrams dismissed the popularly held theory that the castaways are stranded in Purgatory, though he claimed to like the idea. "I'm so grateful and beholden to the fans and to not listen to them would be moronic," Abrams said, fueling many a webmaster ego.Found it. I posted it sometime this AM.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

I wonder if the new regular character will be the controller from my theory or just another passenger / castaway moved into prominence to replace the victim-to-come!

Guest conniejoe
There is one more character to come. It's Jeff Probst. He will finally come to the island and split them up into two teams. :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest XandraSkye

I posted this in another thread but I wanted to post it again in a more general thread because I don't want anyone to miss it. I think I may of come up with a solution to the whole "too may reruns" problems.

The only thing bad about that is I don't think any of us could wait until next January for the new season of LOST to begin!!

I know that I couldn't wait that long.

Right, so which is the two of lesser evils? Starting in September and getting new episodes until May, with repeats in between (where you have a chance of catching an episode you might of missed or watching a favorite over again) or starting in January and watching the season straight thru with out any hiatus, but then waiting 7-8 months for new episodes to start?

I guess what they could so is play the season straight thru from September - December and then just replay the whole season again in January - May and then new episodes in September. That might be better.

Hey, I think I just solved the dilemma! I think I need to go work for ABC. :lol:

Guest ranster627

I have another Thinking Out Loud Theory ...

Remember when Vincent disappeared? What if someone tagged him and is watching our LOST castaways ...

OR, if you prefer:

It came to me that Vincent may not be Vincent at all, but a little person in a dog suit!

Guest Anonymous
It came to me that Vincent may not be Vincent at all, but a little person in a dog suit!

:rofl

Or two people in a dog costume?

• 1 month later...
Guest ranster627
Many people on the ABC forum went on about time rifts and that the plane went through one. The islands in the future.

What if......

"the Others" are actually some of the survivors, in the future. They want walt because he is maybe responsible for something in the future. iF they get to him when hes young then they can maybe save themselves. Im going on a whim here but in another thread someone mentioned the likness of the people in the boat looking like sawyer. What if thats what is happening?

Found that in another Forum!

Guest ranster627

Found this new theory about the raft and those events:

Man...I hope this doesn't wind up being a thirst,hunger,heat induced hallucination by Michael and he'll 'wake up' on the raft next season and look around and the other 3 are all just sleeping or unconscious or something!

06/02 - During a radio interview for L.A. rock station KROQ, J.J. Abrams said that the network and one of the actors on the show couldn't agree to terms on a new contract and therefore the actor will be payed his desired rate for one or two episodes and then he said the actor will be killed off the show and won't be featured in any flashback sequences. Abrams also talked a little bit about the Ana-Lucia character and he confirmed that Michelle Rodriguez would be a full time castmember in season two. He said a writer named Carlton Cuse was researching Che Guevara because of Ana-Lucia's leadership storyline. The only other thing he mentioned was that the characters on the raft eventually return to the island but it's not the part of the island they were hoping for. Source: KROQ

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Who's it going to be? Any quesses out there?

I'm thinking Locke or Jack or Sawyer. Those are the three that probably feel they are vital to the show and therefore had some leverage for re-negotiation.

Ok, after reading the latest Josh Holloway article. There's one of two things going on here...

1) Josh is the one that negotiations fell through with (therefore, he has no problems speaking about his disappointment in the season finale or where he thinks director's failed or where writers would fail)

OR

2) I love him even more for being a free spirit and confident enough to say how he truely feels and not worrying about kissing the powers that be" arses.

I still hope it's not him that is leaving but, after that article I got the feeling it is... ugh!

Guest ranster627

Now Ceci, this disagreement of mine with your post might make you very happy ... I read the article as being from an actor feeling very comfortable in his role ... and NOT one leaving ... he strikes me as smart enough to know not to lose this chance ... because if he leaves over money, he may ruin himself ... so I say, Sawyer will be around ... or is that wishful thinking? :wink:

ranster, I will be jumping for joy if you're right! :D

*If lovin (him) is wrong, I don't wanna be right* :rofl (I know my singing is off... it's too early :D )

• 1 month later...
Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Matt

Question: You answered a question about Lost and the negativity of chat rooms/message boards came up. The questioner said that various characters were hated by everyone. It's funny; I told my watercooler Lost group at work that everyone on the Internet seems to hate Kate and none of them (eight non-chat-room types) could fathom why. Do you think there is a negative mindset that permeates TV-related websites? It seems the joy they get from TV is ripping it apart. They clamor for "spoilers" and bitch about things they haven't even seen yet. To each his own, but what concerns me is how seriously TV producers such as J.J. Abrams take this stuff. I would hate to think they read "Shannon sucks" posts and make decisions or second-guess themselves. Personally, I love Lost, its characters (all of them) and its mysteries. I even loved the season finale, so shoot me.

Matt: I'll join you on the firing line. I thought the last two hours of Lost were among the best hours of TV in a sizzling month of finales. But that particular Q&A exchange, about Lost and chat rooms and the flurry of pros and cons from fans, generated a lot of mail during my absence. Some, like Damon, came to the defense of Internet message boards: "I definitely agree that most sites are nothing but shameless fan-girling and cruel bashing, but there are many boards that actually have intelligent opinions on them." And I apologize for overgeneralizing about chat rooms, erring in the same manner as those I was complaining about who seem to take knee-jerk Internet discourse too literally and assume that's the way all people feel. As Melanie wisely wrote in to note: "I have yet to see a chat room where everybody has the same opinion. For you to think so would be like we noncritics saying, 'Every critic loves so-and-so,' when that isn't true. You of all people should know that if you get three people in a room, real or virtual, you can get three different opinions of the same act or event. Did you go online and get flamed out of a room or something?" No, Melanie, I can stay right within the confines of "Ask Matt" and enjoy plenty of abuse without looking elsewhere for it. Now, for a real Lost comment....

Question: I have a theory about Locke on Lost. He has an arrangement with the beast. I've been watching the reruns to see if there were things I missed, and I saw the one way in the beginning where Locke sees the beast, then they cut away, and later he comes out with this boar he killed. Then he's this all-knowing guy on the island. I think the beast communicated to him that he could have the use of his legs back and knowledge of the island if he did whatever he wanted. That's why Locke does all those weird things. I think Boone was a sacrifice to the monster, and Locke was having second thoughts, which is why he was losing the use of his legs again in that episode. What do you think?

Matt: I think it's dangerous to try to make literal sense out of some of these mysteries, including Locke's miraculous use of his legs and his undeniable psychic bond with the island and its puzzles. But your theory is a fun one, as are most others I've read.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name