What if we are getting played

Cellardoor

So its not "new" to the majority of houseguests that America has a vote in this whole deal.  Someone mentioned I believe in the Derrick thread that they want him to win the $$ bc he will take it home to his family and not try to start up as another wanna be in Hollywood.

Wouldnt it be. . .possible. . .that the houseguests are lying to US?  What if Derricks letter from his wife and baby were sent by his buddy who was in on his whole deal to get America to fall in love with him?  He's one of the few I can see being long sighted enough to pull one over on us but its a possiblity.  Isn't it?

So its not "new" to the majority of houseguests that America has a vote in this whole deal.  Someone mentioned I believe in the Derrick thread that they want him to win the $$ bc he will take it home to his family and not try to start up as another wanna be in Hollywood.

Wouldnt it be. . .possible. . .that the houseguests are lying to US?  What if Derricks letter from his wife and baby were sent by his buddy who was in on his whole deal to get America to fall in love with him?  He's one of the few I can see being long sighted enough to pull one over on us but its a possiblity.  Isn't it?

We get played all the time..by CBS.  How do we know the votes are counted correctly, how do we know "America" really chooses the missions?  We don't know anything for sure.  I don't care who they are and I don't believe in who is more deserving. Once in the house, they're all on the same playing level and whoever wins, great for them.

If Derrick needs money for his family, he has options other than spending 3 months on a game show. If he's really a cop, he could get work in bigger cities. He won't be the first or last to live in a "shoebox" (his words not mine), so no sympathies from me.

Guest 6Borders

Ummmmmm.........I suppose Donny could really be a Navy Seal too.  ;)

Nawww, can't be because Donny was in the same FBI class at Quantico with Caleb (that was in between Caleb's hog huntin', motivational speaking tour, meeting with his book/movie/tv publishers/agents and a trip to Space Lab to take supplies to them).

The one thing that seems to be consistent with BB is that we (the fans) have a pretty good handle on what the HG's really do, and if they have a 2nd job (ie McCrae) to what they say we usually have someone who can ferret out that information.

The only people who play us are Grodner, Meehan and CBS, making us think we really have a say in what is going on regarding the voting.  Sometimes it goes our way with a fan fav and more often it's who Grodner selects.  I think Elissa probably did receive the votes; no way FrankFarter did (he was Grodner selected).

I have no doubt that Grodner manipulates the voting on everything BB - but as far as the HG playing us?  with social media being what it is, and the the extreme skills some have to find info, I doubt that very much - not saying it is impossible, but - I just don't see it -

Guest 6Borders

I have no doubt that Grodner manipulates the voting on everything BB - but as far as the HG playing us?  with social media being what it is, and the the extreme skills some have to find info, I doubt that very much - not saying it is impossible, but - I just don't see it -

Online voting is about money.  It's $1 per text message and by law they (CBS) are required to tell you that you can vote free at cbs.com (hence they run that sentence together in bionic-speak hoping you won't catch it, or it's just easier  if you are at work or not tied to your computer to run your cell phone past it's text capacity)  It's the same as you don't have to buy a product to enter a contest or drawing, but do you really think your entry is going to make it into the drawing if you didn't buy something...or even then!

As far as the "live feed subscribers only" having a say in the game please tell me where that is and what you get to vote on that John & Jane Q. Public don't get to vote on that "influences the game"!!!  You have to register an email with CBS in order to vote but you don't have to buy feeds or anything else to vote (otherwise they would be in violation of the law).

BB does not have to adhere to "game show guidelines"  so they can do what they want and they also don't have to prove anything as to actual votes.   I would love for Grodner to come forward and tell us where Joey got the votes to be the first Team America (personal theory...Grodner owed a favor to someone in Joey's family, albeit a very small favor).