How would you play it?

We all have our opinions on how everyone plays the game. I believe the concensus is that we all dislike the floaters as viewers. However, I think if I were in the game, I would probably be targeting other strong players as well and keeping the floaters close as both votes and as contenders to go against in the finals.

Point being, its almost as if the formula is there, and as much as we wish it would change up--the smart players are going to play it that way. Unless BB went to the wall with it and created a cast of all competitors.

In the case of BB strategy, what would you do?

Guest 6Borders

Great Topic!!!

I would LOVE BB to go to the wall and cast all competitors but they won't because they need

a certain amount of expendables as much as they need several people would could actually

win the game!

Personally, I think that it would be very hard to go in with a set stragedy based on past seasons,

because the cast dynamic is so different and there are so many variables. I guess I would say

doing everything you can to be liked and supported by America would be good (because Grodner

always tries to find a way to keep those people at least until jury if she can); do more listening

than talking to your fellow houseguests...and most of all KNOW the dang game (even if you are

recruited become an "all-nighter" study and do your homework). Beyond that, there IS a lot of luck

involved (not to mention quite an amount of production manipulation).

I think I am frustrated by the inherent plot that always seems to leave females on the sidelines. I believe this is in part that generally speaking, men are more physically capable at winning those types of comps, and it seems we always lead off with physical comps. From there, a certain group of males align, and some take women along to a point, and some dont. I wish the women could align themselves and stay strong, but it seems ot me that in the game of BB--men stay more loyal to one another, and chicks stay more loyal to men than each other.

Its sad to me that the women often just hope to get to jury, while the men push to win the thing. Then I ask myself, okay smartie pants--what would you do? Because it seems that anytime a woman doesnt find shelter under the protection of a male, she is immediatly called out as a witch and is dealt with accordingly.

Its like time immortal playing out in front of us weekly.

**eh, I'm going to go ahead and call myself out for being wrong in the case of Rachel Riley. But damn, she was annnnnoying.

I think that much of the fault - if it can be called that - is within the BB selection process. Season 16 is okay but just and incredibly imbalanced. Why not have 2-3 gay people, 2-3 older people, etc.....

That said, I take a good look at myself and search for a reason within as to why I miss the BIG personalities, good and bad, of past seasons. Season 16 is BORING.

Sorry about going off-post there. :)

I too miss the Big personalities. I like people who are there to make a show of it--a "game" of it, if you will. I just figure that with 50,000 people trying out for it, surely they could have picked someone better than say, Vicotoria?

Maybe after last season, with all the madness of the racial slurs, homophobic comments and bed flipping, they decided to tone it down. waaaaaaaaaaaay down. down down. Falling. . .asleep. . . .do..wn. ..

Guest 6Borders

I too miss the Big personalities. I like people who are there to make a show of it--a "game" of it, if you will. I just figure that with 50,000 people trying out for it, surely they could have picked someone better than say, Vicotoria?

Maybe after last season, with all the madness of the racial slurs, homophobic comments and bed flipping, they decided to tone it down. waaaaaaaaaaaay down. down down. Falling. . .asleep. . . .do..wn. ..

Yeah, 50,000 people "trying out" and 3/4 of the cast is recruited and most of them

never or barely watched the show! I would still love to know what casting director

is responsible for giving us Victoria!

I would like to believe that there is a method to the madness. Some sort of personality formula that they hope will set one another up to feed off of each other, and trigger each other.

Probably it's more like, who knows who and who can do what for someone else. AKA--real life.

IMO there are plenty big personalities in the house this year. Including two that were already evicted. The mix half fans/half non fans was wrong. ALL should be fans. And yes, the ages should be more diverse. Gimme a Renny or Marvin any day! Always said they got plenty to chose from within the diehard fans from the numerous boards if they want to go outside auditions submitted. Not comb model agency's or other game auditions....and NO I would never go now (would of 10 yrs ago) unless the name of the show was Geriatric BB....lol

I too would love for them to cast a season not recruit but actually cast from the numerous applicates they get each and every year. I have come to the conclusion that they do not want to cast everyday normal people. My nephew applied this year and we were there when he taped his video because he taped it at my house. I am biased and I know that but the instructions that we watched from Robyn Kass was to be yourself. He talked a little too fast sometimes and my neice would tell him to slow down it took a while but at the end of the day he had a good video obviously it was not good enough for the producers of big brother. He is gay by the way so after seeing the cast I told him well here you go you need some pink hair and a famous sister. So next year I have decided maybe we need to tattoo him up give him some piercings and maybe purple hair with some extremely dark make up LOL. Just kidding. I truly do not know how we got Victoria she had to have been recruited. I cannot see her submitting a video that would have gotten her chosen. When the 2 HOH's were announced I thought I would love it not so much since this year the whole house decided to become an alliance with the exception of 5 people. I have no more hope for this season. It will be a continual eviction of all the women and then who knows and who really cares I don't. I am pretty much done watching.for the year this is about the time of year where I check the update board and give up LOL. Oh well I do hope Donny wins America's favorite but I have a feeling that Frankie will courtesy of his sister. For the record I think a Geriatric BB would be more entertaining LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering if I could be a silent partner with somebody. Meet somebody in that first week, first day or two, say to them, "Us two until the end". Meet only once in a while, alone, for a few minutes only maybe. Don't really discuss strategy. A friend, but don't hang out at all. Vote with them each time. Almost totally detach the emotion of the game in your relationship, but trust the partnership will get you to the end. NEVER tell anyone else about your relationship, NEVER. You would still have your "fake", main alliance, but keep your silent partner silent.

Maybe like how Survivor works sometimes. You have 2 groups at the start, 2 sides trying to get immunity, to vote each other out. When the groups merge or the teams switch players, the frlendly players from both original sides try to keep their alliances a secret from the new tribemates. They still will play to win with their new "fake" alliance, but keep their original partners/alliance until the end.

Similar  to like how Derek has done with Victoria. It wasn't from the start, but he is detached himself from her emotionally. He talks to her only once in awhile, on the downlow.

He has his other alliances, yes. I just mean as an example.

Like if Frankie and Zach had met up in the first day or two, sparked that intense friendship they have/had, made that silent partnership, ran silent until the end or as far as the last few. Never hung out like they do/did, sleeping in the same bed, hugging etc. Never let the others see you talking game or being too friendly to each other until the last 4 or 5 people are left. They had that intense bond that I mean would be needed for this partnership.

It probably wouldn't work anyway. If your partner gets voted out in the first few weeks that silent partnership is gone.

Unless BB went to the wall with it and created a cast of all competitors.

I'd love to see that. It's annoying when they can't win and are constantly being put up as pawns-Jacosta and Victoria. To be told what to do. It would have been intense to see a season with 16 Calebs and Devins, Frankies and Zachs, Codys and Dereks and Haydens.

I think they should do a season of all men alone and a season of all women alone. It would be totally different. Too much testosterone or estrogen for one season?:) 

If the all girl alliance had been formed when Joey had suggested it in the 1st few days, where would this season be? They might still be down some ladies, but to see 2 guys going against 2 girls in the battle of the block each week would have been neat. Would the girls have been down so far? It would work right? The winning team's HOH gets booted out.

Big Red....sorry but Survivor comes on in a month. :) It would take two houses to keep the ladies and the gents on two different teams until a merge!  Without that, the mingle would start immediately.  Testosterone and Estrogen have always been hard to function one without the other :)