Caleb Reynolds (Week 1 HoH) - HoH2

Slimcruz

I don't think it's uncommon for a guy to have an ego as big as his but it's a lot more rare to find someone so oblivious to the fact that constantly bragging about themselves on national television makes them look pathetic to viewers. Yet somehow casting keeps finding these types.

I'm sure casting is a lot happier with a huge ego than a HG who is dripping sweet and pooping rainbows. :giggle:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*hugs Misha really hard* I'm glad that you are staying - a loyal friend is a rare gift and Caleb is lucky to have that in you - I want Joey gone, then Devin - and then I want to see how Caleb manages when he is not an HOH - the HOH always gets, to some extent, a little drunk with the power every season and Caleb is no different - I don't have the after dark feeds so I can only go on what I read here for that - and thank you very much by the way! - with that said, while Caleb does worry me, I don't think he is evil - just not very good at being cool calm and in charge - I guess a game like this could make you paranoid - I just hope that for his sake, it truly is just the house doing that - as for Amber - she signed up for this show, and as was pointed out, she is in no danger whatsoever - all she has to do is stay calm and try to stay away from Caleb - I get crushes - I have them all the time - hopefully Caleb will realize that just because he is crushing on Amber it does not guarantee that she will crush on him and that's ok - sometimes its hard not to take that personally but it is what it is -

I'm kind of new here, but I really am glad that you are staying Misha -

For me he is like Jesse part 2. I do think he is a nicer version of Jesse but he loves himself an awful lot. I just hope we see 2 HOH's that are not in his stupid alliance. It would be interesting to see how he reacts to that one.

*slowly enters the room with trepidation... Ready to run and duck for the inevitable barrage*

I watched the feeds from last night.... I'm starting to see why Caleb is crushing on Amber and........

I thought they were adorable together once the drama was over. *runs out the door to avoid flying objects*

I just want to clarify that I am not calling Caleb a rapist or a murderer and I would not do that.

What I am saying is that his obsessive feelings for Amber and the ways that he is twisting things around are the same types of things that people who end up being stalkers and rapists do. They are, as someone else said, red flags, things women are trained to watch out for in dangerous men who can become violent.

I am not saying he would ever take it to that level. I don't know him and can't say that. But I also will always speak up when men talk and act in ways that are scary to me because that DOES play into our culture of victim blaming and tolerance for violence against women.

Plenty of people contribute to that culture without ever being violent themselves. People who make jokes about rape or domestic violence, people who don't speak up when a male friend says creepy things about a woman, people who stand up for a man who has been accused of rape, etc. These people are not violent themselves, but they are contributing to a culture of violence all the same.

And that is all that I am saying. I am saying that Caleb's obsession and twisting of words and making things up in head, etc - things that are evident to see on the feeds - are scary to me, and the fact that the houseguests are encouraging him is scary to me, and people watching the feeds who defend him are scary to me.

And I get that Misha is a friend of his, and of course you are going to want to defend your friend and not want to see bad things said about him. I can 100% understand that - which is why I suggested bowing out of the forums on the topic of Caleb - just as Misha herself counseled Caleb's dad to avoid those things. I am not trying to bully Misha off the board - she is much more of a regular contributor here than I am! I just wonder about the wisdom of allowing the conversations about him to stress her out all summer.

It's clear he wants to be famous ("next I will do Survivor, TAR..." and now he says he turned down the Bachelor..sooo hard for him to do the application so he didn't do it) and he chose between BB and Survivor and chose BB!

When did he say he turned down the Bachelor? Just last night on BBAD I heard him say wouldn't it be funny if he was chosen and then Amber was one of the bachelorettes.

Now see, I have no problem with anybody commenting on his ego, cause I knew that!! LOL. Glad to see I wasn't THAT far off on the height issue. And I don't have a problem with anybody getting frustrated with his Amber obsession. I am pretty sure his family is just as frustrated over the Amber obsession too. They want him to get back to the GAME. I always promised to be honest with my opinions. So I won't leave but just continue please to be patient with me when I get frustrated and pissed off when people imply that he's the next freaking serial killer/rapist. I think that just goes too far. JMNSHO

I agree with you, Misha. Even though I do think Caleb's obsession with Amber is a little odd, to compare him to some sort of criminal is taking it too far. Just remember that it's VERY common on any board to read the craziest things about people.

One time I posted about a friend who was on a reality show and they accused me of being him. I cracked up. People who post on the internet can come up w/some wild ideas - you just have to take it all w/a grain of salt.

Best of luck.

This guy is crazy, his eyes show it. "One night we're dancing and eating salmon and the next night you hurt my feelings" boo hoo hoo. Classic wacko and they all should thread carefully because he looks like a time bomb waiting to explode. tick..tick...tick...

Yep he has a bad case of the crazy eyes. People would do well to give him a wide berth.

Guest 6Borders

When did he say he turned down the Bachelor? Just last night on BBAD I heard him say wouldn't it be funny if he was chosen and then Amber was one of the bachelorettes.

He spoke on it for several minutes last night (well before BBAD) while he was bragging about how every show wanted him He said the application was too long and then cbs came to him and said he had to choose right then and there if he wanted to do Survivor or Big Brother and he chose BB!

Personally I think he didn't want to do Bachelor because he didn't want to compete with a bunch of other guys and lose.

Interesting. Thank you for explaining.

Maybe he's just a liar because the two conversations contradict one another.

He also said in an interview that he applied to The Amazing Race but was turned down because they (the producers) were not interested in his partner. He put the blame on her for not getting on the show. So, this guy is so full of himself and thinks he should be on every tv reality show. Narcissim at its best!

He was pretty quiet last night but still weird, not sure if he is creepier when he talks or not.