Caleb Reynolds (Week 1 HoH) - HoH2

Slimcruz

I think that they are all terrified of Caleb because he came through the door as the alpha dog, walked the walk in the comp and picked the right people to defend his HOH. I think that Caleb is there to WIN and to win the 500K and to glean anything else shiny that comes his way during this summer interlude. The hoodie is a tad much and he is definitely not my type but as long as he can keep the act going and win comps, I will watch him play the game with interest.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Racist? Homophobic? Did I miss something someone said?

I haven't seen any of the feeds or even BBAD yet. And the only information I have is what I've seen on CBS and here on the boards. So did he say something racist or homophobic? I don't like him so far because he reminds me of a young version of my ex-husband, except my ex was career Army and would never use the term "ex-military". I don't know any former military that would say "ex-military". So what's the story there? Or is there one?

I don't see Caleb winning the whole thing unless the others implode on each other and he stays quiet long enough to squeek through and dominate in later competitions. But I do see him lasting a few more weeks. The house has bigger, more annoying targets. Like Devin. And Joey. And if they wise up, Zach.

With that said, I have to say that the Caleb I am seeing in the house is exactly like the one I remember. Slightly egotistical but he has a good heart. Girl crazy.... definitely girl crazy and unless Amber actually feels the same way that he does (we will see soon what happened BEFORE the live feeds came on), he needs to cut her quick from the game. He's not homophobic. We've seen past homophobic contestants REFUSE to sleep in a bed with a gay man.... he doesn't care that Frankie is gay. He gets along with him GREAT. He's not racist. A true racist would never align with someone from another race. He is aligned with Devin. The house even talks about Caleb and Devin being best buds.

My faith in my friend is fully restored. And no, he isn't a stalker type. He is just smitten right now.

To be honest, I feel MUCH better now. I was very torn on this whole thing. So unless if I see something drastic happen, Caleb has my full support.

After watching the feeds a bit, he seems like a nice guy. Maybe too intense at times, but that doesn't make him a horrible person.

After watching him so e on the feeds not sure what I think yet, I thought zach was one I wasn't liking, but watching him on the feeds, he seems less unlike able to me,lol I'll have to keep watching

If you want to see something hilarious, go to 11:39 pm Friday night on Camera 1. Frankie and Caleb dance and do acrobatics together. It is hilarious. Caleb seems to be genuinely fond of Frankie. I am starting to doubt that he is homophobic. I didn't want to like Caleb because of all the bad press but I am starting to love watching him and Frankie interact

Racist? Homophobic? Did I miss something someone said?

I haven't seen any of the feeds or even BBAD yet. And the only information I have is what I've seen on CBS and here on the boards. So did he say something racist or homophobic? I don't like him so far because he reminds me of a young version of my ex-husband, except my ex was career Army and would never use the term "ex-military". I don't know any former military that would say "ex-military". So what's the story there? Or is there one?

Yes, apparently two years ago Caleb posted angry remarks on his Instagram account referring to gays as "fags" and President Obama as a "Muslim monkey" among other things. These remarks sounds homophobic and racist to me.

Did you see the conversation by the pool table last night? He really is obsessed with her.

I saw a little of it...it was almost identical to so many of his conversations so i couldn't take it for long..

How is it that everyone he talks to entertains his delusion? I've only watched the shows and BBAD but I've never even seen them actually interact meaningfully. He just sits there fidgeting and eyeing her creepily.

I am fascinating with his relationship with Frankie - sharing the bed, sharing the power basically even though he doesn't have to, getting dressed and groomed together, etc.

It doesn't necessarily take away from him having used the f-word for gay people in the past and his being friendly with poc doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't hold racist viewpoints - plenty of people who have friends who are black still have racist ideas and people who are friends with gay people can still have prejudices against gay people. It happens all the time. Now, for all we know those comments he made online are not indicative how he feels today and his hanging out with Devin and Frankie is opening his mind up more and more. We don't know, really. We know what he said online and we know how he behaves in the house and we'll see how he behaves once he's out of the house and that's all we can do.

That said - what's most concerning to me about him right now is his obsession with Amber. He talks about her constantly and has convinced himself that she likes him back even though she has said she isn't interested in him and you can tell she doesn't like to be in a room alone with him for too long. IDK - it just seems creepy to me. I wish instead of encouraging him, the other HGs would talk him down a little.

I am fascinating with his relationship with Frankie - sharing the bed, sharing the power basically even though he doesn't have to, getting dressed and groomed together, etc.

It doesn't necessarily take away from him having used the f-word for gay people in the past and his being friendly with poc doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't hold racist viewpoints - plenty of people who have friends who are black still have racist ideas and people who are friends with gay people can still have prejudices against gay people. It happens all the time. Now, for all we know those comments he made online are not indicative how he feels today and his hanging out with Devin and Frankie is opening his mind up more and more. We don't know, really. We know what he said online and we know how he behaves in the house and we'll see how he behaves once he's out of the house and that's all we can do.

That said - what's most concerning to me about him right now is his obsession with Amber. He talks about her constantly and has convinced himself that she likes him back even though she has said she isn't interested in him and you can tell she doesn't like to be in a room alone with him for too long. IDK - it just seems creepy to me. I wish instead of encouraging him, the other HGs would talk him down a little.

Good for Amber! He is a nutcase and it's best she keeps her distance from that wacko.

In his interview with beak nose, he said he didn't get on TAR because the girl he was with "wasn't that interesting" to the producers. I wonder, if he went back to check on her after he threw her under the bus? I'm sure after this BB season, TAR will be glad they do head checks on the show candidates.

Guest 6Borders

Oh Good Grief, would someone please drop the kryptonite on the HOH Room

and disable this jerk (and on his dad too while we're at it).

If this guy is over 6' tall than I am Queen of Sheba

(or maybe it's that Common Core Math)

and I don't think there is a planet big enough to hold his ego.

Nothing, short of finding every stray dog a forever home, would make me happier than this

IDIOT going back to his home next week to watch the feeds with his dad so they can

lie about his experiences (since they are obviously both delusional)!!!

I think we could all be quite surprised by what we said online two years ago, and besides hasn't he been sharing the HoH room with Frankie?

Hopefully his feelings have changed. But getting along with and/or getting aligned with people whom you secretly dislike is what contestants are required to do in order to win this game. Which contestant wouldn't try to bond with people whom you would never consider associating with outside the house for a chance at a half million dollars?