Caleb Reynolds BB16 (Pre-season)

Guest 6Borders

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't care for him in his video interviews, too many inconsistency's, felt he came off self deserving. The rumor mill is never my place for judgement. But, in seeing his instagram messages, whether it was a statement made this year or last, the words and name calling he used IMO were spiteful and disrespectful in any context. I hope for his family's sake, he is the young man they think him to be, not the one that has left himself open for such debate because of his digital speech.

I will assure you Caleb May be many things but a racist is not one of them, as they are saying, heck half his friends are black. He made a comment about Obama that was totally taken out of context and now the race beaters are in full swing, but you will see he is not at all like that. Some of the things he has said in the interviews makes me wonder if he is being lead to take on a particular persona? I guess we will see if he has already started playing the game

If he has to take on a persona that is aimed at offending people, then I hope god has a double eviction planned and he goes out the door with Jocasta. Now wouldn't that be ironic.

Guest 6Borders

Ok, is this for real or something CBS cooked up for publicity???

We have a long time poster here who knows Caleb and has (JMNSHO) presented a pretty unbiased

profile of the Caleb she knows, which is an awesome insight every BB fan loves to have...and now we have

Daddy-O (with a weapon of considerable destruction in his avatar... just lovely)

who is allgedly/apparently a Christian preacher/minister to boot, coming out with verbal guns blazing,

defending his baby boy at every turn and the show has not even started!

I understand where Misha is coming from, trying to tone it down and soothe Papa Paul's

ruffled feathers (total props for that) but since when do we have to do that on Big Brother

just because a parent decides everyone should play nice to their little boy in the BB sandbox??

Seems to me (again JUST MY OPINION) Caleb is not the only one in the family who wants to become

famous and further their cause (whatever it is) using Big Brother reality TV as a venue.

Papa Paul, if you feel so strongly then: a: why is your boy on Big Brother in the first place

and, b: why don't you just go down and drag him out of the house so we won't have to put up

with either of you all Summer! (Welcome to Big Brother!!!)

Yes, I am toning things down out of consideration for Caleb's father. That is my choice. I believe in freedom of speech so I personally will not hold anybody to my choice to tone things down. You should feel free to speak your mind as always regarding the entire cast as you see fit. If I have information that redeems Caleb, I will share my insight. If I don't then I will stay silent. I am watching and waiting to see what he says in the house that will either collaborate my opinion of Caleb or dispel them.

I'm hoping there will just be a lot of the "normal" conflict on the show. You know, a bunch of people with huge ego's being jerks or the Whamber types crying because everyone is so mean. I just want to be entertained by their struggle to stay in the house and be loved by the viewers. For me, the worst part of last season was what it did here on this forum. I don't want to see page after page of lectures and finger pointing. Over the years there have been a lot of heated discussions on here which for the most part, were fun to read and participate in. Last year, not so much.

I don't like Caleb just from his interviews. I probably won't like him on the show. But that doesn't mean he won't be entertaining. I'm hoping to see the women take his ego down a notch before he is sent out the door.

I'm hoping there will just be a lot of the "normal" conflict on the show. You know, a bunch of people with huge ego's being jerks or the Whamber types crying because everyone is so mean. I just want to be entertained by their struggle to stay in the house and be loved by the viewers. For me, the worst part of last season was what it did here on this forum. I don't want to see page after page of lectures and finger pointing. Over the years there have been a lot of heated discussions on here which for the most part, were fun to read and participate in. Last year, not so much.

I don't like Caleb just from his interviews. I probably won't like him on the show. But that doesn't mean he won't be entertaining. I'm hoping to see the women take his ego down a notch before he is sent out the door.

Yep well said and my feelings also. Last year it was a forum of preaching morality and the focus was not on the game.

I love the variety of personalities. I love the entertaining big personalities and I always love to have someone to "hate". tee hee

paul...

please explain to us how "Muslim monkey" in reference to Obama was taken out of context.

Explain how his use of the word "monkey" isn't racist.

Explain how his use of the word "Muslim" in a derogatory manner doesn't signify religious bigotry.

Explain how his use of the word "fag" wasn't homophobic.

What your son wrote is indefensible, IMHO. For you to come on this board and claim that Caleb is being taken out of context without addressing the elephant (or wild pig beaten with a stick) in the room is intellectually dishonest and morally reprehensible. And you are supposed to be some kind of preacher? You raised a son who is a hateful bigot --- and you need to acknowledge and atone for that, if not publicly, at least with your god.

I'm in agreement with mynewpseud1 here.

Paul, as others have said, it's probably best for you to stay away from BB sites because people ARE going to rip your son to shreds both on things like game play, on every little thing he does from not liking a shirt he wore to how he treated a fellow HG, and absolutely certainly on any bigoted remarks he's made outside and inside of the house.

If what you want in being in these online forums is to defend and justify your son - then you should slowly back out right now. Because people will fight. And I myself am likely to be one of them. I'm trying to be kind here, but I will not censor myself just because his father is hanging around and loves his son.

Caleb called our president a "Muslim monkey" - how is that taken out of context? That is so racist I can't even begin to pick it apart. Maybe he has black friends - lots of people with racist viewpoints do - but what he said, about this country's president - was super incredibly wrong and it does affect my opinion of him. And if he says other offensive bigoted things in the house - I *will* talk about it and not in as polite of terms as I am right now.

I'd encourage you, Paul, to read the article that the girlfriend of one of last year's controversial houseguests wrote up addressing friends and and loved ones and how to deal with them being on the show here at this link: http://www.hamsterwatch.com/bb16/preseason.shtml

She encourages people to stay away from social media sites and fan sites. She also encourages you not to admit your connection to the houseguest if you do go on those sites. There's a lot of good tips there, like leaning on your contact person in production and picking someone in your life that you can vent to about stuff that comes up, etc. But do think about the tips about staying away from social media and fan sites because people are going to get vicious.

And I don't even mean people like me who will get angry about bigoted remarks. There are some really obsessed fans who will get angry over game stuff like who he makes alliances with and who he puts up on the block. Family members have gotten death threats before. It's horrible and it shouldn't happen, but it does. So just do what you have to do to stay safe. And if that means not trying to defend everything your son does in the house - then you might need to just stay off the boards and twitter and etc. because it seems like you're going to have the urge to jump in and do that a lot and I feel like that will only make things worse.

Just some advice from a long-time fan of the show, and a member of many BB fan communities.

paul...

please explain to us how "Muslim monkey" in reference to Obama was taken out of context.

Explain how his use of the word "monkey" isn't racist.

Explain how his use of the word "Muslim" in a derogatory manner doesn't signify religious bigotry.

Explain how his use of the word "fag" wasn't homophobic.

What your son wrote is indefensible, IMHO. For you to come on this board and claim that Caleb is being taken out of context without addressing the elephant (or wild pig beaten with a stick) in the room is intellectually dishonest and morally reprehensible. And you are supposed to be some kind of preacher? You raised a son who is a hateful bigot --- and you need to acknowledge and atone for that, if not publicly, at least with your god.

Welcome to Morty's. I see this is your first post. I hope you join in the fun and the game of Big Brother and not just here to talk about racism, bigotry and homophobia. That is just my opinion and I am not speaking for anyone else.

:cowwave:

OT: Hey, uvp, :daisy: you posted something that I saw earlier about predictions - the first show - now I am unable to find it. Thanks to any help.

Two Night Premiere: 6/25 & 6/26 TV Show Thread

:animated_bouncy:

i wont be surprised if he ends up being the first hoh

the bb gods will just make him it since there is controversy surrounding him just to mess with the fans and it would make good tv too :animated_bouncy:

first hoh comps are usually navigate a platform and have all teams members over first

or

hanging on to something for the longest(easier to throw than the first ) :animated_bouncy:

Guest 6Borders

Yes, I am toning things down out of consideration for Caleb's father. That is my choice. I believe in freedom of speech so I personally will not hold anybody to my choice to tone things down. You should feel free to speak your mind as always regarding the entire cast as you see fit. If I have information that redeems Caleb, I will share my insight. If I don't then I will stay silent. I am watching and waiting to see what he says in the house that will either collaborate my opinion of Caleb or dispel them.

Misha, I was totally NOT picking on you., so please forgive me if it appeared so. I appreciate everything you have said to give fans some insight into Caleb and I totally appreciate the diplomacy and tact you have displayed, even when Paul was basically attacking you (you got his height wrong and you should not analyze him... etc). Caleb and his dad should consider themselves very very lucky to have a friend/acquaintance like you.

Misha, I was totally NOT picking on you., so please forgive me if it appeared so. I appreciate everything you have said to give fans some insight into Caleb and I totally appreciate the diplomacy and tact you have displayed, even when Paul was basically attacking you (you got his height wrong and you should not analyze him... etc). Caleb and his dad should consider themselves very very lucky to have a friend/acquaintance like you.

I never thought you were picking on me. I just wanted to let people know that they should continue being themselves on the message boards without fear of hurting my feelings. I have been investigating in the meantime. The bar that I used to go to was a mix of people. My best friends are actually homosexuals so I asked their opinions on how they felt that Caleb treated them, etc. I asked if they had heard him make derogatory statements or even heard about it through the grapevine. Same thing on racist comments. They were shocked. They said he was always friendly with them, knowing that they were gay. Though the consensus remains that he was a bit egotistical regarding his looks, he treated everyone nicely and didn't seem derogatory in any way. He never treated anybody like crap. He merely had the whole "I'm sexy and I know it" attitude. But like I said earlier, he was a gentleman always. And the boy can dance!! Background info: I am overweight. And yet he would sit and talk with me and never seemed to ever look down on me for my weight problem. So you see how hard it is for me to translate the Caleb that my friends and I know to that instagram? If I find out that he really feels that way about my best friends, then I will be very hurt because I have very strong opinions on the matter. I don't mind opposing views but its the hate that I can't deal with. I'm a libertarian and believe wholeheartedly that people should be free to live their own lives. Any extreme is bad to me whether it comes from the right or the left.

It seems like people are really going out of their way to defend this guy.

Oh btw, no one uses the "N" word, "fag" and other derogatory words and statements only one time. Most of the time, it's in the vocabulary.

I'm not going out of my way. I have been a regular member of this board since 2008. I am a Big Brother fan and have been for a long time. I met Caleb several years ago and NOTHING on his Facebook used those words. Nothing I ever heard him say or that my friends have heard ever pointed to what that Instagram said. For all I know, it IS a plot by CBS to create controversy for ratings. Can you not understand why this makes no sense to me?? While we are not close friends, I think if he was ok saying that on Instagram, I would have seen those words on Facebook too and I didn't. It is in ONE supposed post but found nowhere else. Doesn't that seem suspicious to anybody but myself? Caleb loved social media. He posted pictures all the time. Using your logic that people never only use those words once... Why is that the only picture/words like that? And more to the point, I allowed that maybe I am wrong and that I will be watching carefully what happens in the house. You will lose nothing if your right. Others who know him stand to lose much more.

he treated everyone nicely and didn't seem derogatory in any way. ...

all of us are different people depending on the situation we find ourselves in. I think that in Caleb's case, the difference is pretty extreme.

Its difficult to reconcile the Caleb that you describe with the sadist we see on the wild pig video, or the guy who describes himself as someone who has been "fighting my whole life for no reason" in the Rachel and Ryan interview. The dynamic is practically freudian -- there is an "id" Caleb who likes to fight and kill and is a bigot, an "ego" Caleb that is rather full of himself and always seeking attention, and a "superego" Caleb who is nice to everyone and super social.

The problem that I have is that Caleb is gonna be in that house for months, and while he's gonna try and play the game as "superego" Caleb, "id" Caleb is going to take over when he feels threatened and/or stressed, and "id" Caleb will play a significant role in the choices he makes even when he's playing "superego" Caleb on the outside.

I'm not going out of my way. I have been a regular member of this board since 2008. I am a Big Brother fan and have been for a long time. I met Caleb several years ago and NOTHING on his Facebook used those words. Nothing I ever heard him say or that my friends have heard ever pointed to what that Instagram said. For all I know, it IS a plot by CBS to create controversy for ratings. Can you not understand why this makes no sense to me?? While we are not close friends, I think if he was ok saying that on Instagram, I would have seen those words on Facebook too and I didn't. It is in ONE supposed post but found nowhere else. Doesn't that seem suspicious to anybody but myself? Caleb loved social media. He posted pictures all the time. Using your logic that people never only use those words once... Why is that the only picture/words like that? And more to the point, I allowed that maybe I am wrong and that I will be watching carefully what happens in the house. You will lose nothing if your right. Others who know him stand to lose much more.

I didn't single you out, but since you singled your self out, okay yes you are going to a lot of trouble to defend this guy. What does being a regular member have to do with anything? It's common, for the regular members or not, people on this board defend houseguests all the time, sometimes in a creepy, obsessive way. That's what doesn't make sense to me. What makes you think that because it's not said on facebook, it's not said in real life. Only a stupid person would post that stuff on facebook because stuff likes that comes back to haunt you. And honestly, I haven't been thinking about what makes sense to you or anyone else. I don't care enough and why don't you stick to your post about not worrying about what others say.

And that is what I will be watching for. I hope that he proves that he is not a bigot in the house. I thought Dan was going to be a bigot too but his talks with Steven really changed his opinion on the matter of homosexuality. But if he ends up being like Aaryn last year, then the truth will come to light. I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. More importantly, I hope he takes the experience of living under a microscope as a life lesson and grows from it.