Sep. 15, 2005 Survivor Show Coverage

Jem

Survivor: Guatemala

Episode 1: Big Trek, Big Trouble, Big Surprise.

This is your Survivor Show Thread and this is how it works:

We need people to cover the show so we can post a summary on our Survivor Page. We need volunteers to commit to writing a segment (from commercial to commercial) and people who will post as they watch the show. Anyone doing screen caps can post them in this thread too. When you have written your segment, please post it here and it will get picked up and edited into our show summary.

The show is nearly here

I WILL DO A SEGMENT AND I CAN ALSO POST AS SHOW IS AIRING IF NEED BE.. LET ME KNOW WHAT U WANT ME TO DO... TKS I CAN ALSO DO A WHOLE SHOW RECAP IF U ARE INTERESTED IN ME DOING THAT, WE ALWAYS TAPE THE SHOW AS MY SON WATCHES WHEN HE GETS HOME FROM WORK AT MIDNIGHT.. I WATCH IT ON NTV AT 7P.M. EASTERN UNLESS THEY AIR AT A SPECIAL TIME.. SO THINK I GET IT AN HOUR EARLIER THAN MOST... LET ME KNOW WHAT U NEED ME FOR.... I AM ALL YOURS...LOL...

Guest ranster627

We need people to cover the show so we can post a summary on our Survivor Page. We need volunteers to commit to writing a segment (from commercial to commercial) and people who will post as they watch the show. Anyone doing screen caps can post them in this thread too. When you have written your segment, please post it here and it will get picked up and edited into our show summary.

The show is nearly here

Guest poohBear

Hi everyone one would like to be a segment or back up segment writer

maybe even an spoiler as loves to dig up the dirt LOL

cant wait till thurs

The show is nearly here

Jeff Probst Introduction:

It is an unforgiving environment; It is here that a group of Americans have already begun the adventure of a lifetime. They have been divided into two tribes. Hiking to a destination unknown with no idea the surprise that awaits them. It is the ultimate challenge, 18 strangers forced to work together to create a new society, while battling the elements and each other. They must learn to adapt or they will be voted out of the tribe. In the end, only one will remain to claim the million-dollar prize. 39 days, 18 people, 1 Survivor.

Welcome to Survivor Guatamala!

You are standing on the ruins of the ancient Mayan civilization that is literally thousands of years old. For the next 39 days, you will live amongst these ruins like the Maya did.

They have already been divided into 2 tribes.

The Survivors are lead into

Nakum Tribe - Yellow

Bobby Jon

Danni

Cindy

Judd

Brandon

Jim

Blake

Brooke

Margaret

Yaxha Tribe - Blue

Stephanie

Brian

Brianna

Jamie

Lydia

Morgan

Amy

Gary

Rafe

They will both live in separate camps. They are each given a few items used by the Maya that will help them live like the Maya did. In addition, each tribe will have one other tool to aid them in this game.

Down come the 2 additional team members: "Bobby Jon and Stephanie from Survivor Palau. These are 2 proven survivor players. They know how to make fire, they know how to source for food, they know how to build a shelter. Stephanie is the strongest woman player. Bobby Jon a strong competitor at challenges and in day-to-day camp living, arguably the hardest working survivor ever."

Stephanie is introduced to the Yaxha Tribe:

Brian

Back from commerical

Naxum Day 3

Naxum is not happy to be going to TC, back at camp,we find that Jim snapped his left biscep, during the competition says he lifted boat before everyone else was ready nurse Margaret to the rescue once again, put his arm in a make shift sling in his shirt..Jim was a bit down on the others for not lifting when he did.. The girls and Brandon were at boat talking about the men going down with cramps, vomiting dehydrated, saying Bobby Jon was worse off eyes rolling back in head.. Brandon threw his two cents worth in calling them "a bunch of crippled broken down guys". Margaret says " Losing is rough, heat really zapped us third of team is down, hard to stratazise, its all about who can carry team forward"...

Nexum arrives at TC set in a Maya ruin lots of fire all around, They seem to be looking around like a bunch of tourists at Disney World, Jeff is waiting for them...Jeff "Behind you is a torch, approach the fire and light your torch. fire represents your life... when fire is gone so are you.. TAKE A SEAT....

Jeff says this is the toughest start to Survivor ever Bobby Jon, Blake,Judd and Jim all down..

Bobby Jon " Don't like getting beat down this early in game, I could be saying sayonara I hope not, not to many ppl get a second chance at a Million $$$$

Jeff: does his usual asking certain ones to express their view

Danni: Im a little surprised (at the guys going down) "Guys were carrying the biggest load did more physical woman have more endurance

Jeff: Judd you have to be thinking "am i in trouble

Judd: (ALL PUT OUT).... Not at all, I was only on my back for an hour puked and got right back up,I'm ready to do a back flip right now if you want me to (sarcastic) JEFF " WHOA I ONLY ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION.. LAUGHS

Jeff: asks Jim about his make shift sling.. Jim says its going to hurt tribe if everyone isnt giving their all.. explaiined to Jeff how it happened, he lifted others didn't... not blaming it on his arm when everyone isnt giving 100%... bit of sarcasm in his voice also...

Jeff: "time to vote Blake you are up

While voting is going on Survivors looking around scenes of ruins snakes etc IT LOOKS AMAZING

Survivors all cast their votes and return to there seats, Judd I think it was (could only see his back) said

YOU ARE ONE OF THE TOUGHEST DUDES I MET...

Back to Jeff "I'll go tally the votes"

First vote.......Jim

Jim two votes Jim

Jim thats three vote Jim

Jim thats four votes Jim

First person voted out of Survivor Guatamala Jim, thats five thats enough...The tribe has spoken bring me your torch it is time for you to go...

Jeff " 36 more days to go Seems like your delemia is You have to learn how to give your all without destrying yourself in the process

Time to go back to camp

Good night"

They all take thier torches and head off to camp... Final vote was unanimous for Jim...

Next week

Looks like they are all getting hungry talking about eating ants...Blake hits rock bottom is shown on ground struggling for breath, tribe mates are worried...

Jim final remarks says great experience doesnt blame tribe mates for voting for him, hopes no one gets hurt wishes them all well etc

Guest DenimPerzina

Survivor - The Maya Empire "Big Trek" "Big Trouble" "Big Surprise" (THURSDAY Sep15 2005)

OPENING OF SHOW

The Survivors are given their flags, (Yaxha blue - Nakum yellow)

They are told they would be given tools like the Mayans to help

them survive.

Host Jeff Probst then calls in two familiar faces. Stephanie and

Bobby Jon from last years Survivor - Guatemala. Brian was very happy

to see Stephanie was selected to be a part of the Yaxha team along

side of him. As well as other members of their team.

Danni from team Nakum was happy to see Bobby Jon was selected to be

a part of her team. She is attracted to him physically and is

seemingly happy to have him as a part of her team over Stephanie

citing, "a man is stronger than a woman." Cindy of Nakum is happy to

see he is a part of their team as well.

Jeff informs them they will have an 11 mile race threw the jungle

with snakes and crocodiles along the way. They must trek threw the jungle until they reach their canoes then paddle across the water and continue to the first camp. Jeff also informs them the winning team will receive a flint to make fires and a better camp than the losing team. (The camp they are racing to is the better camp) They are provided with fruit, water, and corn. And have to decide how much of it to carry.

Rafe of the Yaxha Tribe felt Gary self appointed himself the leader of their tribe. Gary when asked what he does for a living lies and says, "Landscaping." The truth is he was an NFL player.

Judd of the Nakum Tribe feels this race is one of the toughest things he has ever done. While trekking threw the jungle Nakum Tribe member Blake received a shoulder injury by a collapsing tree branch. The thorny tree branch leaves Blake in pain and scarred with a nasty wound to his shoulder.

Stephanie of the Yaxha Tribe says, "I am not starting out on the losing team." She then laughs and refers to it as "terrible."

With Nakum in the lead Yaxha decides to wait until daylight to continue with the race seeing they are in the jungle at night.

The camera operator is using night vision to record them.

Blake of the Nakum Tribe becomes sick, and begins to throw up.

His aching shoulder continues to agitate him. Luckily his fellow Tribe member Margaret is nurse and tends to his wounds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK #1.

Brian of Yaxha tells his team it is time for them to go, so they can get a lead on the Nakum Tribe. Yaxha trek on, they are now caught up with Nakum. Nakum spots an open road and begins to walk down it. Yaxha not far behind. Yaxha falls behind do to it's two slower members.

Bobby Jon of the Nakum Tribe begins to get cramps. Margaret the nurse helps him as well. Bobby Jon was carrying two bags of corn during this 11 mile trek threw the Guatemalan jungle which may have contributed to his injuries. Bobby Jon sits down and rests.

They begin moving again. Nakum reaches their boats first and begin to paddle. Yaxha jump into their boat and begin to follow not far behind.

Nakum make it to end of lake first. Judd jumps into some thick (quick sand like) mud at the shore, it is hard for him to get out of it.

Bobby Jon contributes dehydration to the pain he feels and says it is hard for him to get out of the boat.

Nakum gets to finishing point first and wins the better camp, flint for fire, and also recieves their team flag. Yaxha arrive and are given their Tribe flag along with a map to direct them to their camp site. Stephanie even though her Tribe loss feels they still, "kicked butt."

She also feels it is the most difficult challenge the game has ever had.

COMMERCIAL BREAK #2.

DAY 2.

Yaxha Tribe paddles to the other side of lake. And begin construction of a shelter from sticks and leaves.

At the Nakum Tribe camp Blake is still throwing up, and now Judd as well. Bobby Jon is still out of it as well as Jim. Margaret continues to tend to Bobby Jon.

Yaxha receive Tree mail notifying them of the next challenge.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

The contestants have to paddle

in canoe across a lake to a floating torch. They must then paddle

back with the torch. Once they get to the shore, the must pull their

boats onto the shore using ropes over logs to assist them.

Once the boat crosses a line the torch lights a fire.

The two Tribes start out about even, Yaxha get their torch first.

Nakum is struggling, while Yaxha is persevering. Yaxha gets to the shore first.

Stephanie gets her foot caught under a log, Margaret gets hit in the stomach with a log, and Cindy also got her foot stuck under a log.

Lydia lights the fire and Yaxha wins. The Yaxha Tribe hug, celebrate, puts their hands together and raise them. They then jubilantly shout, "Yaxha!" together.

COMMERCIAL BREAK #3.

Jim, the oldest member of the Nakum Tribe "snapped" this left bicep during the Immunity challenge. Blake is still hurting badly as well as Bobby Jon.

TRIBAL COUNCIL

Blake tells Jeff that it has been tough. Jim has a "homemade" sling for his left arm. Time to vote, Blake votes first. After all members of the Nakum Tribe has voted Jeff begins to read off the votes. The first 5 go to Jim, Jeff stops and says, "That's five, that's enough."

Jeff snuffs out Jim's flame, and Jim walks on. 36 days left.

COMMERCIAL BREAK #4.

Voting record is shown, Jim gives his good-bye speech.

VOTING RECORD

Everyone voted for Jim to leave the Island. Except himself.

He voted for Margaret.

I can either be a back up writer or a live feed writher , if I am off work I will do it live , if I am working I will do one from the taped show . I usually get home around an two hours after the show , but I will record what I see.