apprentice_logo_RBG.jpg

Candidate

pic_toral.jpg

hdr_toral.jpg

Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Current Application Status:

[ X ] Active ~ [ X ] Hired ~ [ X ] Fired

Bio

Toral, 29, currently a Vice President in the Capital Markets group of a major investment bank in New York City, is among the handful of officer level women in her group responsible for originating, structuring, negotiating and closing multi-million dollar business deals. Fluent in French, Hindi and English, Toral has traveled to more than 15 foreign countries over the course of her career, working with top business leaders in both the public and private sectors.

A graduate of the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, Toral has worked for some of the country's leading financial institutions including Goldman Sachs and American Express. In addition, Toral is a skilled day trader and self-made multi-millionaire. Her recent investments include luxury real estate and upscale restaurant projects in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Born and raised in Philadelphia, Toral now resides in New York City, and likes to spend her free time at her homes in Miami Beach and London.

Up Close

What is your favorite music?

Sting, Tony Braxton, Aretha Franklin and Punjabi music.

What are your favorite books?

"48 Laws of Power," "The Richest Man In Babylon," "Count Of Monte Cristo," "Gandhi's Truth," "RN: The Memoirs Of Richard Nixon," and "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"

What are your favorite TV shows?

"60 Minutes," "David Letterman," Oprah" and "All My Children"

What are your favorite movies?

"The Thomas Crowne Affair," "Independence Day," "Titanic" and "Meet the Parents"

Interview

When will you consider yourself "a success"?

I already do.

How would you describe your leadership style?

Lead by example.

How do you deal with personal and professional challenges?

Spiritually.

What, in your opinion, is the most important quality to have in order to succeed in life and why?

Focus and determination - pursue your goal like a tiger would his prey, and don't stop until it is yours.

What's more important: college education or real-world experience?

You need relevant education and credible real-world experience.

Have any previous Apprentice winners motivated or inspired you? If so, who and why?

If not, what did you think of the winners?

No, and I don't think about them.

What have you learned from watching previous seasons of "The Apprentice"?

It's a game - play your cards right.