apprentice_logo_RBG.jpg

Candidate

pic_rebecca.jpg

hdr_rebecca.jpg

Hometown: Chicago, Illinois

Current Application Status:

[ X ] Active ~ [ X ] Hired ~ [ X ] Fired ~ [ X ] Almost Hired

Bio

Rebecca, 23, was named "One of 20 Teens Who Will Change the World" by Teen People magazine in February 2000 and was awarded a Point of Light by President Clinton. She graduated with honors from the University of Chicago, earning degrees in economics and pre-law. As a Chicago-based investment banker, she structured mergers and acquisitions, as well as equity and debt transactions. Prior to that, she traded short-term interest rate options on Citigroup's foreign exchange desk in London.

Outside of business, Rebecca founded a non-profit organization, raising over $750,000 to support disenfranchised children. In conjunction with this effort, she lobbied state and federal government officials, speaking at a wide range of national conferences and sharing the stage with Al Gore and Colin Powell, among others. She also reported on-air, wrote and helped produce hard news, features, and entertainment segments for a weekly show on an NBC affiliate in her hometown of Minneapolis. She is currently a financial journalist in Chicago.

Up Close

What is your favorite music?

Hip hop, rap, rock - most of the time, I'll listen to just about anything.

What are your favorite books?

"Things Worth Fighting For" by Michael Kelly, "When Genius Failed" by Roger Lowenstein, "Ecce Homo" by Nietzsche, "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" by James Joyce, and "Barrel Fever: Stories and Essays" by David Sedaris.

What are your favorite TV shows?

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Mad Money"

What are your favorite movies?

"Kill Bill," "The Godfather," "Tommy Boy" and "My Cousin Vinny"

Interview

When will you consider yourself "a success"?

I already consider myself a success. Of course, I'm always striving for more - seeking to meet new people, challenges, and experiences - but I'm extremely happy with where I am in life. I'm 23 years old: I've founded a non-profit to help children, worked with Colin Powell and Al Gore, graduated with honors and two degrees from a wonderful university where I met interesting people and professors and studied fascinating subjects, traded short-term interest rates on a trading floor in London, traveled the world, seen behind boardroom doors and executed marquee transactions as an investment banker, and now I'm a financial journalist asking sources the tough questions readers want to know.

How would you describe your leadership style?

I strive for respect as a leader. Respect can be hard won if you're leading individuals who don't respect themselves. I maintain certain ideals that I will not compromise - honesty, integrity, loyalty - but I'm also not afraid to compromise when it's warranted. I seek qualified and intelligent input when making decisions and ask experts a lot of questions. I'll never pretend to know all the answers, but if I instinctively think a particular decision or action is appropriate, I tend to trust my instincts because they're usually right.

How do you deal with personal and professional challenges?

Challenges are a fact of life. Obviously, each unique situation compels a unique response. In every case, however, I strive to be honest, frank and compassionate.

What, in your opinion, is the most important quality to have in order to succeed in life and why?

There's no such thing. A number of people with millions of different qualities and traits are successful, because there are a million different paths to "success" (and a million different definitions of what makes one successful).

What's more important: college education or real-world experience?

This is a silly question. Both college education and real-world experience are important. I say, "go for both, enjoy each, test the theories you learn in the classroom in your real-world experiences, and remember that people who err on one side or the other of this question tend to be lacking in one of the two categories."

Have any previous Apprentice winners motivated or inspired you? If so, who and why?

If not, what did you think of the winners?

I don't know enough about them to make any real judgments.

What have you learned from watching previous seasons of "The Apprentice"?

I actually haven't seen much from the previous seasons - my work generally keeps me in the office past "The Apprentice's" air time.

Would you rather be stranded on a desert island with Donald, George or Carolyn, and why?

George. He's full of experiences and stories that I'd love to hear firsthand. He has a gift for recounting his past in a very entertaining way.

• 3 months later...
I have every faith that if Trump doesn't offer her a job outright, some executive watching will certainly add her to their employee rank and file. With her editorial background, I wouldn't be surprised if she hears from the Wall Street Journal or Forbes Magazine. I have a strong feeling this candidate is going to come out of the gate running and succeed in the real business world without any assistance from the Trump organization.

I definitely agree. If Trump doesn't hire her after the show, somebody will. There's no doubt that Rebecca will go on to do bigger and better things, and I sincerely hope she does. She had her faults on the final task, but so did Randal. Randal had quite a few more extreme mistakes during the entire season, but good luck to him too.

Sorry this is so late but I just tuned in and saw it happening. Hopefully, east coast posters can catch it tonight in a rerun. I am going to post this in a couple of threads so the most people can catch what these three have to say about the decision.

Donald Trump is on the phone, Randal is in Las Vegas and Rebecca is in the studio with Larry King. Unfortunately, Trump is not on camera but if you could see the body language of Randal and Rebecca, it says so much. Enjoy!

larry_king_live2.jpglarry_king_live.jpg

(Topics are subject to last minute change. Guests are announced on a daily basis.)

Monday, December 19

"The Apprentice" Controversy and Donald Rumsfield

"The Apprentice" controversy heats up with winner Randal, runner-up Rebecca and Donald Trump. Plus, Donald Rumsfeld on Iraq. Tune in at 9 p.m. ET.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Apprentice's Rebecca Discusses Dis 'n' That

by Matt Webb Mitovich

She plays a good game of The Apprentice (on crutches no less), and damn if she doesn't look like the love child of Sandra Bullock and Evangeline Lilly. Even so, Rebecca Jarvis was passed over last Thursday in favor of Randal Pinkett, who had the chance to green-light her a job with Trump, as well, but... um, didn't. What would Rebecca have done in the same sitch? And what secrets does she have to spill about her final task? Here's what the 23-year-old Chicagoan shared with TVGuide.com in an eye-opening Q&A.

TVGuide.com: Did you suspect that you and Randal might both walk away from the finale with jobs, as had been rumored?

Rebecca Jarvis: The one thing I learned from this experience is to always expect the unexpected. I think everyone had heard the rumor that he might hire both of us, so I went into the finale thinking that was a possibility

I like that nobody had anything to say about Rebecca before the finale :lol::mellow:

So You Think!!!!!!!!!! heres a few

[quote name=Angel_Baby' date='Oct 21 2005, 02:26 PM' post='144966]

I just hope Rebecca and Randall make it through okay. I want them both to win.

[quote name=Tarman12' date='Nov 4 2005, 04:00 PM' post='146483]

Add me to the list of Randal fans. He's well spoken, stays on task, and has a goo, analytical mind. And he gets along well with everybody.

For my dark horse, how sbout Marshawn. She's like a female clone of Marcus.

And gutsy little Rebecca also is doing very well. With all three of those on the same team now, they shouldn't lose another task all year, now that Marcus is gone.

[quote name=Tarman12' date='Nov 11 2005, 07:01 PM' post='147653]

Two more got the axe last night, including Marshawn----- so the way is even clearer for Randall now.

I think his only real competition left is Rebecca and Alia. I can't see anybody else as a serious contender.

[quote name=CeCiMom' date='Nov 18 2005, 12:03 PM' post='148463]

I still like Randall and Rebecca as the final two but, It think that all of them have a shot at this point. I'm not annoyed by Rebecca's smirk... after all it's probably the best face you can put on when you have immature children running the projects week after week. But, I think now that they are down to these 5 we will see which will rise to the occasion and prove their worth to be the next apprentice. My money is still on Randall but, I may be eating my words... <_<

[quote name=crappysucks' date='Nov 18 2005, 12:38 PM' post='148468]

My money is still on Randall and Rebecca as well, even though Alla might be a dark horse. Randall really disappointed me after this last task, I hope he can step up next week and set himself apart from the pack again. B)

[quote name=Tarman12' date='Nov 18 2005, 08:04 PM' post='148517]

The "conservative Jewish kid" should be next to go. And then we'll be left with what is actually quite a talented final four: Randall, Rebecca, Alia, and Felicia. Surprisingly good considering all the doofs they've had on this year.

[quote name=wash ur face' date='Nov 30 2005, 08:05 AM' post='150501]

I like Rebecca, she seems smarter than the rest of the chicks left. But of course Randall's my man. I hope it will be between Randall and Rebecca. The other girls are fluff.

And lol @ people saying "Randall is so well spoken" I won't even touch on that.

[quote name=CeCiMom' date='Dec 9 2005, 08:13 AM' post='152564]

Awesome show last night!!! For me this is the best Apprentice yet. Both Randall and Rebecca are the two best of this group of applicants and probably the best in all the seasons combined. (Well, I have to put Bill in that category too.)

I loved the change to making the final team. I thought it was great to see Rebecca and Randall negotiate their teams... and I think it's best for the sponsors to get a team that is working towards success other than trying to sabatoge the end results.

It will be interesting to see who wins this year because I really think this is Randall's to lose and going by what we've seen so far Rebecca is in the lead (which means editing is throwing us off... lol... right?) Either way he will have a great addition to his company and maybe the big shocker would be for him to hire both of them.

[quote name=mikede' date='Dec 9 2005, 01:02 PM' post='152617]

i always wonder if he'll ever just hire both of his final two, especially these two. I knew randall was going to make it this far, and i guess after rebecca won as project manager while on crutches, i knew she was going to make it far too.

im rootin for rebecca

[quote name=Soyyo' date='Dec 9 2005, 03:02 PM' post='152673]

I like both Randall and Rebecca. I think it will depend on how they handle themselves and lead their "employees" during this last task that will get one the job (duh!). I agree that this is for Randall to lose and Rebecca to show what she's really capable of accomplishing. In any case, I don't care who wins, I like them both :)

So You Think!!!!!!!!!! heres a few

I meant int his thread if she had so many fans before she became the little victim why not support her in her own thread?

and I can't believe you actually went searching for posts about Rebecca

Edited by nebartist

I meant int his thread if she had so many fans before she became the little victim why not support her in her own thread?

and I can't believe you actually went searching for posts about Rebecca

LOL. Thanks for giving me something to do. I'm sittin at work super bored.

Watching TAR 2 on my comp

Guest ranster627
LOL. Thanks for giving me something to do. I'm sittin at work super bored.

Watching TAR 2 on my comp

Bravo!!!!

You did an impressive job!

Nice job proving your point - but where do you work that you have that kind of time on your hands... :lol:

haha, good question. I work for a credit card giant, but im in security, working overtime as a guard today. Just sitting here with the internet.

Bravo!!!!

You did an impressive job!

Thank You!!! Thank You!! :D