The Board Room

Guest XandraSkye

Guest XandraSkye

Question...who here likes the boardroom scenes? I find them very frustrating. I'm not sure how to put this in words but I think DT, at times, asks some pretty dumb questions and when the person is trying to answer or explain something he just cuts them off at the pass and doesn't allow them to answer. Also, a lot of time he puts the sole blame on the PM, which I don't always agree with.

I think what Mango writes below is a good example of what I'm talking about.

Why was it Angie's responsibility to make sure that the models had all of the clothes? As the PM, it was Alex's responsibility that everything ran smoothly, from the models having the correct items to getting to AE on time. If the presentation was the most important part of the task (since it was the presentation that lost it for them), Angie should have been concentrating on that and that alone and not dealing with everything else. What was Alex doing?! Nothing!! And when Angie was floundering, Alex should have been able to step in and take charge of the presentation.

IMO, they were all equally to blame for the loss. DT didn't impress me with his choice. He didn't look at the overall picture of why the project failed. Ultimately, it was Alex who lost it for them, he is the PM and should have known better, He didn't really oversee the whole task. He overloaded Angie, he didn't even get them to AE on time, he didn't do much as the PM because Angie did most of it. Angie was just the most obvious and convenient firing. And unfortunately, DT makes Alex out to be a star, probably because he has a “corporate look” to him.

I like watching this show for the tasks and to see the prizes they win, but the rest gets on my nerves. Also, the people this season have not impressed me at all. The only person left who is worth anything is Tana, and I think she's pretty amazing. Matter of fact, I like her better than anyone from last season too (I didn't see Season 1). Also, Kendra isn't too bad but I still think Tana is better.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ranster627
On another note, I read in a tv guide interview, that they shrunk coverage of the tasks to expand coverage of the boardroom. Its seems that they also cut the time in the hotel suite and the one on one interviews. I think part of the reason why we dont have any troy's or kwame's, bill's or amy's is because we dont know enough about this group of contestants. Hard to believe they are all as boring outside of work situtations as they seem to be on tv.

Absolutely! The reason we don't feel attached to any of the contestants is because we feel as though we don't know them as well as we did the first bunch. And that is because of the extended boardroom scenes that cut into any of the time that could have been spent letting us get to know the various characters. I do like the extended boardroom footage, but I would also like to get to know the personalities better....

I agree with that, I always thought there was too much crammed into one hour! An hour and a half would be better ... I love the extended boardroom the most, but need more background too!

I have a feeling that Donald wasn't seeing enough of himself on tv so all of us have to suffer through longer boring boardrooms listening to the Donald passing judgement. I found the first Apprentice shows the best because love them or hate them we got to know the apprentices. Someone should tell DT that he isn't that entertaining. I personally like Carolyn and respect her opinions and think she should be in charge of the boardroom. JMHO

I think la Donald resents Miss Carolyn's popularity with the viewers ...

It occurs to me she doesn't need him anymore, if she ever did! :wink:

Maybe she should read the opinion polls because she truly is a smart cookie and I think could work for someone much nicer. JMHO I wonder how much he pays her? bet it isn't as much as his other managers. Is it just me or does someone else think DT is a chauvanist.

Its not just you...... :wink: