apprentice_logo_RBG.jpg

Candidate

pic_mark.jpg

hdr_mark.jpg

Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky

Current Application Status:

[ X ] Active ~ [ X ] Hired ~ [ X ] Fired

Bio

Mark, 35, graduated from the University of Louisville with a B.A. in finance and completed his M.B.A. from Bellarmine University. He founded and sold more than eight successful businesses over the past ten years while working for PNC Brokerage. During his time at PNC, he was also the firm's top producer for nine consecutive years in the Kentucky and Indiana region.

After leaving the firm, he launched Lamkin Wealth Management, which has vaulted to the top two percent of LPL firms nationwide in just three-and-a-half years. Mark's goal is to manage $100 million dollars in five years. He and his wife, Jennifer have two children.

Up Close

What is your favorite music?

I love various kinds of music, and it really depends on the mood I'm in. However, if I were pressed to pick one type, I'd have to pick Country Music. I love Montgomery Gentry, Toby Keith and Hank Williams Jr. But Jimmy Buffett is a close second!

What are your favorite books?

I love self-help books. Zig Ziglar, Tom Peters and Ken Blanchard are some of the best business authors. "Who Moved My Cheese" is great, "Ziglar on Selling," "Reaching the Top" and "The Millionaire Next Door" are excellent business choices.

On the recreational side, I would say my favorite author is John Grisham. However, I seldom read for fun. It's usually to improve my life in some manner.

What are your favorite TV shows?

Anything on NBC!!! Actually, I love "The Apprentice," "48 Hours," "Dateline" and "Seinfeld" reruns. I don't watch a tremendous amount of TV; however, when I do, I like to be entertained yet educated in some manner. I also watch CMT (County Music Television) while I'm working out at home.

What are your favorite movies?

My wife and I watch movies frequently. We spend our downtime at night renting a few movies a week. I really like psychological dramas and comedies