Howard - Week 5 - Evicted (Aug. 1)

Bye Howard - This game was not for you.

i so agree, he is not cut out for this game

Helen and Amanda need to get their heads out of the clouds and start thinking straight. Howard is NOT going to win this game and if Helen is going to make stupid statements like "we can get her (Amanda) out later" she is a complete fool.

Howard has no alliance except Spencer and Candace and that's only at best 2 votes if one of your own is on the block.

Personally, I don't care if he goes or stays, but I don't like the fact that Howard is being blamed for everything (his nonexistant MVP and Coup d'eta) because Helen has blinders on, convinced that Howard got MVP because he's related to Danielle (Season 3) and has "the black vote".

They are so blind sometimes.....almost every week their focus was Aaryn and they change their mind and target someone else saying we will get her out next time and guess what she is still there and some of them are actually starting to like her because she is being "nicer". This is their chance and they are going to blow it, wanting her to get to jury, well me thinks that they will be in jury voting for Amanda or Mcrae to win it all. SMH

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i so agree, he is not cut out for this game

They are so blind sometimes.....almost every week their focus was Aaryn and they change their mind and target someone else saying we will get her out next time and guess what she is still there and some of them are actually starting to like her because she is being "nicer". This is their chance and they are going to blow it, wanting her to get to jury, well me thinks that they will be in jury voting for Amanda or Mcrae to win it all. SMH

o yea and she is so pretty she can not be ugly inside (if you miss it I AM BEING IRONIC)

That depends on whether it will be a 7 member jury or 9 (because they started with 16 HG's)

BB doesn't really need nine different people picking a winner, so I would think it will be the normal seven person jury. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

BB doesn't really need nine different people picking a winner, so I would think it will be the normal seven person jury. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Yeah you're probably right they haven't used more than 7 since season 2, in which case there will be three more evictions until jury starts, if my math is correct.

Guest 6Borders

Unless they are going to (just my prediction from the season incept) have 3 ppl in the finals to vote on and America either gets to vote who is 3rd in the finals or gets a vote on the final 3. They might have 8 ppl on the jury with America breaking the tie (which basically means Grodner breaks the tie)

Howard is going home because everyone in the house is convinced they can get Amanda out later, this season is truly one fo the weirdest I have ever seen.

I agree. Any other season, two people piling on each other would make them the target almost immediately ("couples HAVE to be

broken up" remember?). Yet Amanda and McCrae are now joined at the hip and no one seems to notice.

Howard as he walks out the door........"Hey....... wait........ I was saving my strength for when I REALLY needed it, did I miss something?"....ugh!

I buddied up with Candice until she became a liability and then threw her under the bus and groveled to everyone I couldn't stand but I thought could help me , I prayed out loud so all the religious fans would back me,.....what happened?

Howard as he walks out the door........"Hey....... wait........ I was saving my strength for when I REALLY needed it, did I miss something?"....ugh!

I buddied up with Candice until she became a liability and then threw her under the bus and groveled to everyone I couldn't stand but I thought could help me , I prayed out loud so all the religious fans would back me,.....what happened?

There is truth in this that you say. My only caveat requires recognizing that he was hobbled by the whole race thing. I know a lot of people do not see it. I insist it is a major aspect and element of his experience in the house. He was more impacted even than Candice. In this society, men do not recognize how their power and male grouping effects women. Women are not aware of what men go through under the pressure not to be emotional. Pale people do not get what happens to dark males who are looked down on and stereotyped as sex driven, violent, culturally deficient etc.

I see Howard as the most gentle, caring person in the house. I really don't get where the animosity toward him is coming from. He definitely touched my heart when he was comforting/counseling Candice after the bed incident. I don't recall seeing anything disrespectful coming out of his mouth, which is certainly more than I can say for any of the other guys, with the exception of maybe Andy. The other are all pigs. I wouldn't give them the time of day in real life, and their families should be embarrassed.

I swear I'm not a family member to any of them, and I'm embarrassed.

Spencer would be banned from my house. He's the worst of all, IMO. Completely despicable. The biggest fault I can find with Howard is that he has associated at all with Spencer.

My comments were ONLY about Howard's GAME.....IMO, Howard has played a bad game. And, although I agree that he probably is a "good man", I find it very disrespectful that now on the block, he used Candice, throwing her under the bus when SHE has done nothing but be loyal to him.
The "animosity" comes from him going to Mc/Mandy last night to tell them that Candice is "ruining his game" and wants to work with them- to try to save himself- while he continues to "comfort/counsel" her to her face is far more degrading to her than any "words", IMO.
HE cannot have it both ways.Either he is truly a respectful guy or he is manipulating the one person who he made a connection with in the house(?) Why did he not even include her on his "alliance"?
As far as "not understanding dark skinned males"(lol)....I grew up in a family of "pale & dark skinned people" although we never thought of each other in those terms, we just grew up as family. Trust me, a CONFIDENT male of ANY skin color presents himself as a CONFIDENT male, not a scary person in my world......YIKES! it's 2013 people :{

My comments were ONLY about Howard's GAME.....IMO, Howard has played a bad game. And, although I agree that he probably is a "good man", I find it very disrespectful that now on the block, he used Candice, throwing her under the bus when SHE has done nothing but be loyal to him.

The "animosity" comes from him going to Mc/Mandy last night to tell them that Candice is "ruining his game" and wants to work with them- to try to save himself- while he continues to "comfort/counsel" her to her face is far more degrading to her than any "words", IMO.

HE cannot have it both ways.Either he is truly a respectful guy or he is manipulating the one person who he made a connection with in the house(?) Why did he not even include her on his "alliance"?

As far as "not understanding dark skinned males"(lol)....I grew up in a family of "pale & dark skinned people" although we never thought of each other in those terms, we just grew up as family. Trust me, a CONFIDENT male of ANY skin color presents himself as a CONFIDENT male, not a scary person in my world......YIKES! it's 2013 people :{

I agreed and only felt that the badness of his game was impacted by racism. I did not say that you did not understand, but you clearly discount the idea that he was negatively influenced by racism. In another post I mentioned that H's ideas are confused and come across like the mumblings of Judd. He is not a confident man. He is afraid of his own temper and of the idea coming from the society that brands him as violent (that is part of the society racism he comes from) In the house, the racism against C puts him at odds with being a real man and standing up for her, or being a coward and backing down because it was the women going after C. So we agree that he has bad game and we agree that a confident man behaves confidently. It seems we disagree that his lack of confidence and clarity is due to how racism has impacted him before coming into the house and in the face of the blatant racism in the house.

I feel bad for Howard because he really did care for Candace! He was able to separate game from personal feelings in the end! He did what he had to do with the aid of spencer ugh! He is unemployed so he had to do his best to stay in the house! I believe the ladies just turn her against him and its so sad! Now she thinks he has been using her! Sad!

I agreed and only felt that the badness of his game was impacted by racism. I did not say that you did not understand, but you clearly discount the idea that he was negatively influenced by racism. In another post I mentioned that H's ideas are confused and come across like the mumblings of Judd. He is not a confident man. He is afraid of his own temper and of the idea coming from the society that brands him as violent (that is part of the society racism he comes from) In the house, the racism against C puts him at odds with being a real man and standing up for her, or being a coward and backing down because it was the women going after C. So we agree that he has bad game and we agree that a confident man behaves confidently. It seems we disagree that his lack of confidence and clarity is due to how racism has impacted him before coming into the house and in the face of the blatant racism in the house.

Racism ruined his game, but I don't see it in the way others do. Although all that crap was said, life went on for Howard and he didn't acknowledge the remarks until the producers shoved it in his face and said "here, look at this, this is racism." He would have been completely happy to ride the coattails of the MC, but in order to save face eventually had to step up and comfort Candice otherwise he would have made himself look like a jerk. He didn't pay attention to Candice nor did the others up until that time. So, yes the racism impacted his game, but not to distract/disturb his game play but to have to take a path in the game he would have never chosen-Candice.

I feel bad for Howard because he really did care for Candace! He was able to separate game from personal feelings in the end! He did what he had to do with the aid of spencer ugh! He is unemployed so he had to do his best to stay in the house! I believe the ladies just turn her against him and its so sad! Now she thinks he has been using her! Sad!

This is what happens every season. Same scenario, different players. I don't find this season more "sad" than other season. Turning each other against one another, lying, cheating etc is the game.

I've said this a thousand times, if you are unemployed you spend time looking for a job, you don't spend time on a TV show where you have a 1 out of 14 shot of winning.

They are wannabe actors who are mooching off CBS for a 3 month paid vacation.

Racism ruined his game, but I don't see it in the way others do. Although all that crap was said, life went on for Howard and he didn't acknowledge the remarks until the producers shoved it in his face and said "here, look at this, this is racism." He would have been completely happy to ride the coattails of the MC, but in order to save face eventually had to step up and comfort Candice otherwise he would have made himself look like a jerk. He didn't pay attention to Candice nor did the others up until that time. So, yes the racism impacted his game, but not to distract/disturb his game play but to have to take a path in the game he would have never chosen-Candice.

I essentially agree with what you say here. He would not have chosen to have to help Candice; however, I also think it did disturb his game .

I seriously hope what Howard is doing right now is some type of twitsted sympathy plan he is executing.. He is telling Helen to vote him out in order to keep Candice in the house :rolleyes: .. I really hope this is a plan of some sort because I dont understand why he cant just be forthright and say can we evict Amanda this week? is there anything that can be done so both of us can stay? he vaguely mentions something about if anyone wants to "do" something, I guess he means flips the script and backdoor Amanda.. ugh..

a new day,a new riddle.

This is what happens every season. Same scenario, different players. I don't find this season more "sad" than other season. Turning each other against one another, lying, cheating etc is the game.

I've said this a thousand times, if you are unemployed you spend time looking for a job, you don't spend time on a TV show where you have a 1 out of 14 shot of winning.

I see nothing wrong with any of them if unemployed, getting the money for being in the jury house. I agree they are hoping to be discovered.

I seriously hope what Howard is doing right now is some type of twitsted sympathy plan he is executing.. He is telling Helen to vote him out in order to keep Candice in the house :rolleyes: .. I really hope this is a plan of some sort because I dont understand why he cant just be forthright and say can we evict Amanda this week? is there anything that can be done so both of us can stay? he vaguely mentions something about if anyone wants to "do" something, I guess he means flips the script and backdoor Amanda.. ugh..

a new day,a new riddle.

I think he knows that is not going to happen! He tried that angle.

Well it's a dream come true. He will probably make all stars

Howard has been a disappointment for me. I had expectations that his religious convictions would manifest themselves in interesting gameplay. I saw nothing much. He made himself expendable.

As for the racist remarks relevant to howard because he is a black man and the only black man on the show, I can say with finality that it would have been a different issue entirely had the house been populated with a different racial mix. Howard chose to deal with the situation in his own way. I would perhaps have advised another path but he did not take another path and it is a dead issue for the most part. Did it affect his performance in the game? Possibly. Did it affect his competition performance? Probably not.

Ciao, Howard.

Howard's game was ruined by one person and that person is Helen. Helen thought that her 2 guys were Howard and Spencer and when she found out that they had lied to her she could not get over it. I am not sure why Amanda is pushing for Howard to go because I have not seen one thing that would indicate that Howard would be going after her and I may have missed something,but I thought he was working with ther boyfriend. I think he would have gone after Helen and Elissa before even thinking about taking out Amanda. Amanda is the biggest threat in that house right now and they are missing an opportunity to get her out which will in the end hurt them all.

Howard's game was ruined by one person and that person is Helen. Helen thought that her 2 guys were Howard and Spencer and when she found out that they had lied to her she could not get over it. I am not sure why Amanda is pushing for Howard to go because I have not seen one thing that would indicate that Howard would be going after her and I may have missed something,but I thought he was working with ther boyfriend. I think he would have gone after Helen and Elissa before even thinking about taking out Amanda. Amanda is the biggest threat in that house right now and they are missing an opportunity to get her out which will in the end hurt them all.

Howard had said in the Moving Company alliance that Amanda needs to go because she is running McCrea and big trouble for the MC. He had mentioned to some other people. When Amanda heard that she was a a target she turned into a broken record saying Howard is dangerous and he needs to go. They made up a lot of stories about maybe he has special powers or he was related to Danielle Reyes. They also started proclaiming that he would get the black vote for America's player and that he used the race card for sympathy. So Howard going is really all because of lying to Helen and saying he wanted to get Amanda out of the house. (not any different then anyone else lying or anyone saying who they would like on the block) All excuses because he was not part of the "good people" alliance.

As far as Amanda not going they all defer to Helen's decision. She thinks they still need to keep the numbers and get the last of the people out not in their big alliance first.