BB 15 General Discussion - Part 2

Marty

Did something happen today for you to find out that grodner and amanda were friends, lvgal? That was a rumor but I am wondering if it has been verified? As for all that, I have always wondered why former HG's never come forward and spill any gossip beans about big brother being manipulated. Has anyone ever seen that? I also believe that they are manipulated via the DR. I don't see how they could pick a winner, though, and see it carried through. Maybe I am wrong.

I kind of see it as entertainment because like I have said, I don't know people who act like these people. Not really.

Glad you got the feeds, hawk. You should be a LFU next year. You would be good. It's a whole different show with the feeds.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jessie is going home this week. We have known that since last Thursday. In fact the last 3 evictions we have known who is going up and who is going home the whole week. Nobody has the guts to made a bold move.

Very boring.

Except when Judd was evicted. At least for me, it was a shock and exciting.

Oh ya that was a shock but I was hoping for more of a shock with the double eviction. I had heard them talking about doing that but I didn't think they were really going through with it.

Did something happen today for you to find out that grodner and amanda were friends, lvgal? That was a rumor but I am wondering if it has been verified? As for all that, I have always wondered why former HG's never come forward and spill any gossip beans about big brother being manipulated. Has anyone ever seen that? I also believe that they are manipulated via the DR. I don't see how they could pick a winner, though, and see it carried through. Maybe I am wrong.

I kind of see it as entertainment because like I have said, I don't know people who act like these people. Not really.

Glad you got the feeds, hawk. You should be a LFU next year. You would be good. It's a whole different show with the feeds.

Slimcruz, CBS probably has the HGs sign a perpetual non-disclosure contract. I agree with Hawk, I don't think this show is a game in the real sense of the word. I think everything is manipulated. Amanda should have been voted out weeks ago, but she is destined to go to the end without any interference from any of the HG's. The HGs couldn't be as dumb about keeping McManda together in that house as they seem to be. So, I agree with Ivgal.

The HG's are making a mistake. I have read online that the season finale is Sept. 18th. IDK if that is correct, but the HG's seem to think that it is Sept 26th which is an extra week. So, if the 19th is correct they are adding an extra week into all their future plans. Just saying.

BTW Ivgal, this was the first year I was ever able to see the live feeds. The week that Nick was evicted I realized how much the HG's were influenced by the DR and I almost dropped out for good. I took a few days off, and reevaluated and came to grips with a few things. The people here in this forum also offered me a lot of helpful advice which made me feel better.

I think a lot of things in the house are influenced, but I also think a lot of things are pure reactions, and those are REAL. Also the conversations and the scheming, most of that is real, at least IMO. The DR gives the HG's too much info whether on purpose or accidentally and it definitely affects the game, they at times "steer" events for television purposes, but I don't believe that it is scripted or preconceived. I think they just try to keep it interesting, and some times they get too involved. JMO. :laugh4:

I have for years wondered exactly what really goes on in the diary room and what information is given and just how much of big brother is influenced by production. My personal opinion is that if production was as involved as alot of people think they are this show would not have lasted this long. Now I do think that production does get involved for example last year I knew from day 1 that the coaches were going in the game and I think the coaches knew they would be going in and I also think they knew what week that they would be going. The year that Jeff was on Grodner knew the fans hated Jesse and they were on track for Jesse to win IMO so they had America vote for the power and no surprise Jeff won. Jesse was evicted. I asked the question to a former houseguest on twitter if the diary room does influence your vote. I wasn't expecting to get an answer but I did and the answer was that they do not tell you directly but the example they gave was the diary room would ask do you think Aaryn is a racist. So from the questions that are being asked of them they can figure out what is going on outside the house. So maybe that is why we are seeing everyone following the leader here on this season of big brother. I don't think we will ever know the whole truth but until then I keep coming back every year and will continue to do so until they take it off.

^^^^ Yes Janis I agree. From the questions that they are asked, they can deduce a lot of things. That is why they are not supposed to discuss their DR sessions with each other, it is like comparing notes - but they do it constantly anyway. Watching the live shows only for so many years I never really had an understanding of how the show was run.

Slimcruz thank you for the compliments. I enjoy the forum side because of the interaction with all you folks. Also I'm a hunt and peck typist, I have no flashback feature on my econo-feeds, and I like to post pictures because they give a frame of reference on specific incidents. :)

I think in defense of BB it STARTED out as a GAME show.....but look at the evolution of TV over the years. "Fake reality" is in and making good ratings.......I don't blame CBS for wanting to cash in.

I do blame them if they've actually gone out and pulled in WEAK people just fir ratings. It's one thing if YOU put YOURSELF out there OR YOUR agent gets you the gig.... it's another thing if you are confronted on the street and "promised" an equal change to WIN a rigged game.

Last night I heard Spencer, Andy and McCrae talking in the BY, and they were talking about "how would BB know if you split the prize money after you received it" and they mentioned that in the contract they signed they could be sued if CBS found out, then one of them mentioned something along the lines of how they are not allowed to discuss what happens in the DR after they leave the house and if they do they can also be sued - some kind of "non disclosure agreement" or some such and then they got scolded for talking about production.

Also remember season 4? With Erika and Jun and Jee? In the first few weeks of that season a lot of good players got voted out, leaving us with a snore fest. I think CBS decided they wouldn't let that happen again and began "influencing" HG's via the DR to keep the show interesting. That is just a suspicion of mine.

It's all about the ratings and that is a dynamic that evolves thoughout the season. The direct influence is obvious, Jeff winning the coup de tat, kept the most popular player in the game a few weeks longer. Same with sudden switch back to couples for one week, I think that was more about keeping Jordan in the game but it's what allowed Rachel to win that season. As well as the various times HG's have come back into the game, it's always a popular player because it's always about the ratings.

As far as DR manipulation, I think it's much more psychological by the questions that are asked etc. If HG's were told directly what to do, after 15 seasons, someone would have spilled the beans despite NDA's.

As far as having a predetermined winner at the start of the season, I think that is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, because again its all about the ratings. And what would the reward be to the producers for having someone they know win? Always apply the test, if it sounds too good, good in this case being great gossip material, it's usually not true.

It's all about the ratings and that is a dynamic that evolves thoughout the season. The direct influence is obvious, Jeff winning the coup de tat, kept the most popular player in the game a few weeks longer. Same with sudden switch back to couples for one week, I think that was more about keeping Jordan in the game but it's what allowed Rachel to win that season. As well as the various times HG's have come back into the game, it's always a popular player because it's always about the ratings.

As far as DR manipulation, I think it's much more psychological by the questions that are asked etc. If HG's were told directly what to do, after 15 seasons, someone would have spilled the beans despite NDA's.

As far as having a predetermined winner at the start of the season, I think that is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, because again its all about the ratings. And what would the reward be to the producers for having someone they know win? Always apply the test, if it sounds too good, good in this case being great gossip material, it's usually not true.

I agree with you about everything except for the part about someone speaking out in spite of the non-disclosure agreement. Those agreements are legally ironclad and any violation would be a lawsuit against them. I would not want to go up against CBS and their team of lawyers just for disclosing production and gain what? So, I doubt anyone would "spill the beans" despite the contract.

I agree with you about everything except for the part about someone speaking out in spite of the non-disclosure agreement. Those agreements are legally ironclad and any violation would be a lawsuit against them. I would not want to go up against CBS and their team of lawyers just for disclosing production and gain what? So, I doubt anyone would "spill the beans" despite the contract.

Maybe not to the extent of holding a press conference or writting a book. But a tweet here or there, or some loose lips after a few drinks. I mean I appreciate what you are saying but I just think it's difficult to keep the lid on something if it's big enough. For that reason I think the manipulation is much more subtle. I also think that it's the same situation with Survivor, probably even more but we don't get the live feeds to see it all play out.

I have to go with denise and the ironclad agreement on this one because with big brother I do not recall anybody after all these seasons saying anything of import relative to the DR or behind the scene machinations of day-to-day big brother. People mostly disappear except for very, very few; considering the number of people passing through BB's doorway. Even the crazy ones keep their mouths shut on the subject.