BB 15 General Discussion - Part 2

Marty

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Brother 15 is not going to be one of my favorite seasons unless things change drastically. I am not a fan of whole house votes. Sheep some of you call it and I have to agree. Not fun. I think the time has come for production to bring in a real twist and set the house on its proverbial earlobe.

Yeah, like announce none of the nominees are going home tonight (well.....unless it's AMANDA who gets voted out!).

Or, announce that AMERICA is the one who put Amanda's butt on the block.

That would work for me - announcing that america voted amanda to the block. I detest her. I don't care how well she is playing the game. Detest her can't watch the feeds when she is on kind of dislike. Nasty, nasty woman.

Big Brother 15 is not going to be one of my favorite seasons unless things change drastically. I am not a fan of whole house votes. Sheep some of you call it and I have to agree. Not fun. I think the time has come for production to bring in a real twist and set the house on its proverbial earlobe.

I so agree. The having to vote with the house is so lame and boring. Helen started that one. The votes had to go her way. I blame her for so much of this boredom from the Monday until the next HOH on Thursday.

Helen is playing a good game but I don't like the "house" mentality. Season 6 was my all time favorite because it was back and forth and strong alliances and there was a team or people to root for.

Have to wonder what would have happened if the MVP wasn't put into the game. I think either Helen or Elissa would be gone by this time. Jeremy and Nick might still be there. And Amanda would not be sitting pretty with her little man on his leash at her heels.

Have to wonder what would have happened if the MVP wasn't put into the game. I think either Helen or Elissa would be gone by this time. Jeremy and Nick might still be there. And Amanda would not be sitting pretty with her little man on his leash at her heels.

I was thinking that last night - they were way more entertaining (Jeremy and Nick) and had the guts to go after McManda (I think)

I think Elissa would have been gone but not sure Helen would have. Candice might have been long gone too. Howard would still be strong in the game with the other guys because I think at least part of the MC would be alive and rolling on.

I think the only reason the house is where it is now is because of the MVP and the way it was given to Elissa for the three weeks. Helen used this as her rallying point, using it to create Elissa as her weapon with the threat to all the others that if they didn't come over to HER side of the house, they would find themselves on the block. Without it, or if it actually went to other people in the house, Helen would have had no upper hand in those early weeks.

I think the only reason the house is where it is now is because of the MVP and the way it was given to Elissa for the three weeks. Helen used this as her rallying point, using it to create Elissa as her weapon with the threat to all the others that if they didn't come over to HER side of the house, they would find themselves on the block. Without it, or if it actually went to other people in the house, Helen would have had no upper hand in those early weeks.

Spot on!!! :notworthy:

Okay, I see your point and yes I agree. She probably would have toned down her game a lot too.

The MVP is part of the game. Wonder how it would have gone if helen and amanda had both been ill with measles and not been on BB15, etc....Helen used the mvp/elissa to her advantage and amanda glommed onto the train. Game helen. Unless rumor to the contrary are true.

It is more than ironic, but exactly the double standard that makes the race issue so awful and it is not only against Af Ams but also against Asians and women...Evil Dick was a real bully and Amanda as a woman is thought awful for far less. Gays are hated for being less masculine at the same time they are famous for art and design. It seems those who are "different" or in a minority or less powerful place are always cast into a double edge situation. People who grow from privilege do not have that problem constantly put upon them. Then they turn and say "why can't you be normal?" and "stop whining, we all have it tough" because they have no idea how much tougher it is to be placed in that compromising position everywhere they go.

I do agree with the question about the values of those who did not vote Aryan out. I especially blame Helen for making that alliance. Did greed trump values? At what point does one join with the devil because everyone else has? There seemed to be no consensus in the house to stand up to the racist remarks. AManda did and also made a bunch of them from some peculiar notion that she accepts what is thrown at her so it does not mean anything if she throws the other race epithets. I think she is wrong, but I understand what her viewpoint is. If, the first time someone said a racist comment, someone had said "hey that is really low, you ought to know better than to speak that way, and since you do not, I am going to tell you to stop because it is hurtful" that would have nipped it in the bud ; although the entitled Aryan would probably have attempted to defend her right to say her racist crap. The rest of the house could have stated NO that is not appropriate. However this house is full of weaklings who want to be under the radar. So Helen apostasyzed out of political chicanery or giving up on her values or greed ...I do not know how it all washed for her, but she made the deal and got the rest to go along.

I guess I see things thru a different lens. I think the MVP thing has been great. America gave it to Elissa the first three weeks and the HG's knew it (thanks for telling everyone Elissa). Now America gets to pick the third person on the block and it has created some serious paranoia in the house. Everybody thinks someone in the house is the MVP and I love it. The rumors are running rampant and they all have a different idea as to who it is, especially Amanda

I guess I see things thru a different lens. I think the MVP thing has been great. America gave it to Elissa the first three weeks and the HG's knew it (thanks for telling everyone Elissa). Now America gets to pick the third person on the block and it has created some serious paranoia in the house. Everybody thinks someone in the house is the MVP and I love it. The rumors are running rampant and they all have a different idea as to who it is, especially Amanda

Yes, it has been entertaining now that they are all accusing each other of having the MVP, but still the first three weeks were totally unfair to all the HGs except those it benefitted.

NYROSE: "Did greed trump values?"

Oh hell yeah. That's what Big Brother is all about. From the moment they stepped into that house they all (except Howard) thru away their values for a crack at 500K. That's why Howard is going home tonight.

NYROSE: "Did greed trump values?"

Oh hell yeah. That's what Big Brother is all about. From the moment they stepped into that house they all (except Howard) thru away their values for a crack at 500K. That's why Howard is going home tonight.

I disagree. Howard more than anyone threw away his values unless his values are permitting people to say cray about you. How many times did he stop Candice from standing up to them? Plenty of times, so if you ask me, he threw away his values more than anyone in the house.