apprentice_logo_RBG.jpg

Candidate

pic_jenniferw.jpg

hdr_jenniferw.jpg

Hometown: Anthem, Arizona

Current Application Status:

[ X ] Active ~ [ X ] Hired ~ [ X ] Fired

Bio

Jennifer, 31, received a B.A. in public relations and political science from Murray State University while playing on the university's women's golf team. Originally from Tennessee, Jennifer was a former president of her local Future Farmers of America Association. She enjoys riding horses, camping and even earned her first dollar showing sheep.

Jennifer moved to Arizona in 2000 and opened her own real estate company called "Hot Realty." She is the designated broker overseeing 70 plus agents and employees. In its first year of business her company grossed over $1.3 million dollars and is on target to more than double that in 2005.

In addition, she recently opened her second business "Off the Hook Sushi & Martini Bar." Proving itself to be a hip and trendy local spot to dine on delicious cuisine, she and her partners plan to open two more restaurants in the next year. Jennifer and her husband Jeff are the proud parents of two children.

Up Close

What is your favorite music?

Anything I can dance to.

What are your favorite books?

I love books that motivate and inspire.

What are your favorite TV shows?

I have two small children so my TV is usually on cartoons or Disney Channel. When mommy gets the remote I love to watch "Fear Factor," "The Apprentice," "Law & Order" and "ER."

What are your favorite movies?

I will always love the classic "chick flicks" -- "Pretty Woman" and "Steel Magnolias." I will always remember "Karate Kid Part One" and "Can't By Me Love." I will always buy tickets to see a move made from one of John Grisham's novels. Also, movies that make me laugh with actors Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson.

Interview

When will you consider yourself "a success"?

I will consider myself "a success" when I have not only achieved my current business and personal goals but have exceeded them.

How would you describe your leadership style?

My leadership style is a combination of three. The first is "visionary" -- being able to see possibilities and inspire others. The second is "building relationships" -- being a leader requires followers, which requires building trust and loyalty with coworkers. The third is "manager of execution" -- to put it in simple words, an administrator who is skilled in getting things done, able to get results, and who accomplishes objectives.

How do you deal with personal and professional challenges?

Don't procrastinate: the problem will only get worse and it won't go away. Just prioritize and look at each challenge as a learning experience.

What, in your opinion, is the most important quality to have in order to succeed in life and why?

Faith. Every time I take a new risk or a new challenge, I say, "I am constantly taking leaps of faith." I have faith that I won't fail, and if I do, I have faith that I will pick myself up again. You can't succeed unless you try. Take the leap!

What's more important: college education or real-world experience?

Real-world experience is more important. I am a college graduate, and I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to grow and learn at a wonderful university. However, my "real-world experiences" have taught me more than I ever could or would have learned in college.

Have any previous Apprentice winners motivated or inspired you? If so, who and why?

If not, what did you think of the winners?

Yes, all three: Bill, Kelly and Kendra are inspiring. I would have to say that Kendra has motivated me the most. What she has accomplished at a young age makes me want to think bigger and achieve more.

What have you learned from watching previous seasons of "The Apprentice"?

That sometimes in the boardroom it is better to not talk until spoken to or called upon.

Would you rather be stranded on a desert island with Donald, George or Carolyn, and why?

I would pick Carolyn. Out of the three, I would say she would be the first one to figure out how to get us rescued.

• 4 weeks later...