apprentice_logo_RBG.jpg

Candidate

pic_jenniferm.jpg

hdr_jenniferm.jpg

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Current Application Status:

[ X ] Active ~ [ X ] Hired ~ [ X ] Fired

Bio

Jennifer Murphy, 26, was Miss Oregon USA and a top ten finalist at Miss USA 2004. She is the second oldest of twelve children and was home schooled in her native southern Oregon.

Inspired by her father's entrepreneurial spirit at the age of seventeen, Jennifer began working full-time while concurrently completing courses in business and marketing. By 19, Jennifer was selected for a sales position with Qwest Dex. During her first year with the company, she was awarded the prestigious President's Circle of Excellence award for her record breaking sales performance.

By age 23, Jennifer became the youngest manager in an international advertising firm called Phone Directories Company. There she built and managed new sales teams and markets for the company and consistently exceeded her goals by over 200% resulting in a "Manager of the Year" and "Canvass of the Year" in her first year with the company.

After purchasing her first real estate investment at the age 21, Jennifer developed a passion for the real estate industry. She co-founded and now serves as CEO and President for a real estate development company, and is currently overseeing the construction of residential subdivisions. Jennifer is a classroom volunteer with Junior Achievement, and teaches young people how to succeed in business and build entrepreneurial skills.

Up Close

What is your favorite music?

I love to sing and listen to Broadway Music and Showtunes. I also love Jazz.

What are your favorite books?

A couple of my favorite books include "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and "Good to Great."

What are your favorite TV shows?

My favorite show of all time is, of course, "The Apprentice." I also love "24" and "Seinfeld."

What are your favorite movies?

I love musicals, especially "The Sound of Music." Also, a new favorite of mine is "Phantom of the Opera" - it's amazing! A couple other favorites include "Gone with the Wind" and "The Count of Monte Christo."

Interview

When will you consider yourself "a success"?

For me, the definition of success is leading a happy, productive, and accomplished life. I'm already "a success." But right now I'm a "small success." I still have a lot of growing to do before I become a "big success."

How would you describe your leadership style?

I love to lead in a very positive and motivating way. I would much rather reward than discipline, if at all possible. Also, I make sure that I am passionate and enthusiastic about whatever I'm involved with. I've realized that attitudes are contagious.

How do you deal with personal and professional challenges?

I like to deal with personal and professional challenges with tenacity. I never give up, and I try to always maintain a positive attitude.

What, in your opinion, is the most important quality to have in order to succeed in life and why?

I believe you must have clear direction and persistence in order to be successful. If you're tenacious toward the wrong things you'll never get anywhere.

What's more important: college education or real-world experience?

I think experience is the most important element in any kind of learning, whether in school or through real-world experience. Of course, gaining experience through both school and the real world is by far the best.

Have any previous Apprentice winners motivated or inspired you? If so, who and why?

If not, what did you think of the winners?

Although all three previous winners have inspired me, I would have to say I was most impressed by the heart that Kendra showed. The way she supported, motivated, and believed in her team during the final task was a wonderful example of the leadership qualities that I believe are the most important.

What have you learned from watching previous seasons of "The Apprentice"?

Something that I've learned from watching "The Apprentice" is to always think big. Also, if you have an idea, go for it! Yes, your neck might be on the line later in the boardroom, but Mr. Trump will respect the fact that you took a risk.

Would you rather be stranded on a desert island with Donald, George or Carolyn, and why?

If I had to be stranded on a deserted island with Mr. Trump, George, or Carolyn, I would choose Mr. Trump. He's led such an incredible life and has accomplished so many seemingly impossible things that I'm sure he could figure out a way to get us rescued.