Elissa - Week 3 MVP

The different opinions and views of everyone on this site is what makes my big brother experience so much better. I find myself laughing out loud and I really think no one is out to offend anyone. I came here because my best friend told me about this site a long time ago. I would read all of the comments and enjoy them even if I didn't agree. My friend passed away suddenly almost 4 years ago and that was when I signed up and started posting my 2 cents even if no one asked for it. I missed my interaction with her and we were not always nice and we didn't always agree. She hated Evil Dick and I liked him, when Chima was expelled from the game she was on vacation and I called her and told her and I don't think she quit calling me for days to find out what was going on. I know that the things I post are not meant to offend anyone and I have been mean before. The houseguests know that these fan sites exsist and are not always nice, but they put themselves out there and that may not be an excuse but its true. I am an Elissa fan I like her and I found the picture of the duck lips funny actually I was thinking to myself if she could have worn those into the house they would not have regonized her. LOL. Amanda a sasquatch is funny too. we all see things differently which is why I like this site. Ok enough of my 2 cents.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I have offended you with any of my posts, Monk, I apologize. I am guilty. I know that I am and I know that it can easily become an unattractive habit. I will be more careful. You know that I respect you.

Slim,

I'm not talking about the occasional jab or swipe at a HG, so you really don't fit into the category that I am talking about. I'm talking about the constant drumbeat of personal attack that comes from the few..

Slim, you have been a favorite of mine for years, along with erinjs, marty, fatcat, uvp(athough I never seem to agree with uvp), myss911, auroradawn, slowpoke, kissesinVA and others... Please don't take my post to suggest otherwise.

Monk

On your soapbox MUCH? There is nothing worse than a GOODY GOODY that whines about OTHER people's posts. How's about going and finding a Care Bear forum? You get one on here every time. < insert eyeroll >

As a rule the one's that complain about OTHER'S posts are insecure and find the insults to hit home directly. They're also the first to cuss in traffic, cheat on their taxes or bitch about how the neighbors dog barks.

Can't handle other's posts? Don't read them. Finger pointing is NO BETTER than the people you are sniveling about.

~ holier than thou lmao~

Next..............................................................

So... it looks like I touched a nerve.... hopefully, at some point you'll take a moment to reflect upon your need to demean others physical attributes and consider growing up...

What a laugh. We all stop and respond to you and the only person that you address is the person who seemingly kissed your ass.

Slim you know I love you and find your posts hysterical but that fact that you dropped your head so fast and kissed this guy's ring makes me wonder about you. I get it, he's an old timer, but still.

I am done with this bullshit. I have said my peace. I still think she looks like a duck, and will continue to make posts about it.

If you don't like it I am sorry, but after all, this is America.

Hi Monk - :palpatine: I miss your posts. I always have loved your insightful take on the house guests. Quite a bunch of looney tunes this season. Who are your favorites? I don't have one. For some reason I really liked Shady Nick but ... he is gone now. :cry:

So... it looks like I touched a nerve.... hopefully, at some point you'll take a moment to reflect upon your need to demean others physical attributes and consider growing up...

Aw, don't give yourself such credit. I just rather enjoy pointing out your sad attempt to stand above others.

Otherwise, you bore me.

Carry on.

tumblr_m4ii2voIQp1rwvl73o1_500.gif

What a laugh. We all stop and respond to you and the only person that you address is the person who seemingly kissed your ass.

Slim you know I love you and find your posts hysterical but that fact that you dropped your head so fast and kissed this guy's ring makes me wonder about you. I get it, he's an old timer, but still.

I am done with this bullshit. I have said my peace. I still think she looks like a duck, and will continue to make posts about it.

If you don't like it I am sorry, but after all, this is America.

tumblr_mm3i8cigUq1s0xrqjo1_400.gif

Hawknose Monk has been around for a long time and I really have enjoyed his take on things and posting with him over the years and Hawk I also enjoy your humor.

I am guilty of being a basher too and I will probably always throw in my morbid humor and pick on the HG from time to time. I am what I am -

Marty I apologize. You are a voice of reason around here as far as I am concerned.

I think that Mr Monk has a valid argument, I just feel that he picked the wrong poster to express it on. I feel that I have taken a step back from the HG bashing, EXCEPT where Elissa is concerned, and I feel that he read that post first and made a harsh judgement, and I don't feel it was justified.

I don't know his take on things because this seems like his first post all summer.

I'm not talking about criticizing the HGs about their game-play... Without a doubt their social game is fair game for discussion... Their physical play is certainly fair game for discussion.... Getting to know something about their lives is fine, but making fun of a person's physical being is sick.

I'm talking about criticizing them about their personal physical features... Duckface.... really? How is that anything but miserably mean spirited adults behaving like nasty little children? And why is it that it is always the same posters, year after year, that post attacks based upon a players looks, race, age, education, etc...? Tiresome....

The vast majority of posters here never spew this sort of nonsense and that's what makes this board a place that I come to every year in hopes that the mature adults here will drown out the childish & mean-spirited nonsense generated by the few.

BTW, sparklet, I've enjoyed your posts this year...

Monk

I agree with you for the most part, however, I think noting that Andy has elf ears is not making fun or negative. I also pointed out that Aryan's ribs are larger than her boobs because that might point to an eating disorder making her too thin. I think Trump's mouth looks like a fish and to note that someone's lips purse to make them look somewhat like a duck's bill is also merely descriptive. What bothers me is when some woman has a decent body and people are calling her fat. There is such a perception that women ought to be anorexic with huge boobs that I find scary for the health of women. I also do not find men with big muscles the only male form that is attractive. I am less interested in how the people look and more interested in how they think and strategize. what I really agree with you about is the spirit of how the physical is noted. I do not like the negative and hate about a physique when the character of the person is not actually even noticed. I do wish people could get to the state of realizing that the physical says little about a person. Beauty is not a measure of goodness nor is ugly a measure of some deficiency.

Aw, don't give yourself such credit. I just rather enjoy pointing out your sad attempt to stand above others.

Otherwise, you bore me.

Carry on.

tumblr_m4ii2voIQp1rwvl73o1_500.gif

tumblr_mm3i8cigUq1s0xrqjo1_400.gif

how and where do you all get this stuff to attach to your posts I love it

Marty I apologize. You are a voice of reason around here as far as I am concerned.

I think that Mr Monk has a valid argument, I just feel that he picked the wrong poster to express it on. I feel that I have taken a step back from the HG bashing, EXCEPT where Elissa is concerned, and I feel that he read that post first and made a harsh judgement, and I don't feel it was justified.

I don't know his take on things because this seems like his first post all summer.

:bangin::lol:

Hi Monk - :palpatine: I miss your posts. I always have loved your insightful take on the house guests. Quite a bunch of looney tunes this season. Who are your favorites? I don't have one. For some reason I really liked Shady Nick but ... he is gone now. :cry:

Hey there Marty... I always enjoy your posts too... I don't have a favorite HG this year and I don't see one rising up.... This is one screwy cast.

Your Friend, Monk

I agree with you for the most part, however, I think noting that Andy has elf ears is not making fun or negative. I also pointed out that Aryan's ribs are larger than her boobs because that might point to an eating disorder making her too thin. I think Trump's mouth looks like a fish and to note that someone's lips purse to make them look somewhat like a duck's bill is also merely descriptive. What bothers me is when some woman has a decent body and people are calling her fat. There is such a perception that women ought to be anorexic with huge boobs that I find scary for the health of women. I also do not find men with big muscles the only male form that is attractive. I am less interested in how the people look and more interested in how they think and strategize. what I really agree with you about is the spirit of how the physical is noted. I do not like the negative and hate about a physique when the character of the person is not actually even noticed. I do wish people could get to the state of realizing that the physical says little about a person. Beauty is not a measure of goodness nor is ugly a measure of some deficiency.

Like I said to slim, an occasional jab or swipe at a HG adds a little spice to this place but only when it is either interestingly informational or playfully done... The swipes that add no value to the discussion and are essentially nothing more than mean,,, well, those are the ones that I am talking about....

Monk

I apologize, I felt that I was being raked over the coals for the silly caricature, and I felt that is was unjustified.

Sorry if I took it personal, I felt like I was being attacked. Let us move forward amicably.

And Slim I apologize to you also, I was a little heated and caught in a moment there. I have told you in the forums and personally that I enjoy reading your posts.

And also to Janis, I am saddened by the loss of your friend.

OK back to Big Brother.......

Thank you but you are all great and have helped me enjoy Big Brother since she is not here physically. She would have been in shock about these houseguests this year. LOL I appreciate all you guys and enjoy all of your posts.

OMFG!! For as long as I have been here we have bashed HGs!! It's our way of armchair quarterbacking BB!! Just look back in the archives, there have always been a handfull of HGs they we loved picking on.

I have to admit, Elissa if NOT one of my faves and does have a duckface!! Monk, sorry man, deal with it!!

That one reason I really love reading this forum, the users aren't afraid to pick apart HGs!!!

If I have offended anyone, sorry... Just speaking my mind!!

PS, Hey Marty... Should we start shooting little duckies over the back fence?

I'll SKIP the apologies. As soon as ANYONE jumps up on a pedestal judging others posts, they are no different than the people they're judging. Maybe worse. I don't like hypocrites.

Nick clearly finds her duckface gawk worthy.

bb15-nick-elissa.png

Like I said to slim, an occasional jab or swipe at a HG adds a little spice to this place but only when it is either interestingly informational or playfully done... The swipes that add no value to the discussion and are essentially nothing more than mean,,, well, those are the ones that I am talking about....

Monk

thanks yes but I did not see that post to Slim when I wrote...There is sharp and there is witty and then there is just mean for mean sake. We agree.

Monk

Sorry Monk, I disagree. These people put themselves into the public spotlight 24/7. They are our hamsters to praise and abuse as we see fit! So far I only have 3 things against Elissa. One, they knew she would get MVP every week. Two, she hasn't done squat to play the game. Three, she's the red headed harpies sister.

On the positive, everytime I see her it does look like she is making a duckface and that makes me smile!!!

Slim we love you for the things you post - whether they are caustic, witty, humorous or silly. You have a vocal presence here. Please don't silence it.

Sorry again for the things I said earlier.

Uh oh I feel another round of "Kumbaya" seeping out of me..... :guitarist:

Sorry Monk, I disagree. These people put themselves into the public spotlight 24/7. They are our hamsters to praise and abuse as we see fit! So far I only have 3 things against Elissa. One, they knew she would get MVP every week. Two, she hasn't done squat to play the game. Three, she's the red headed harpies sister.

On the positive, everytime I see her it does look like she is making a duckface and that makes me smile!!!

This!

I'd also like to add a 4th point that she is by far the worst liar I've ever seen on BB, in everything from the content of the lies, to the timing of the lies, to her expressions while lying. Every time she tries to lie to someone, I am physically pained from the embarrassment.

I’d also like to elaborate on your first point and say that the MVP twist is a really bad twist and putting just one person in the game that already has an established audience (whether former HG or related to a former HG) is a really dumb idea but when you put both of these things together it is an exponentially awful cluster F of an idea!

I’m also offended by the duck comparisons. With that neck, she is obviously closer to a goose.