apprentice_logo_RBG.jpg

Candidate

pic_felisha.jpg

hdr_felisha.jpg

Hometown: Kansas City, Missouri

Current Application Status:

[ X ] Active ~ [ X ] Hired ~ [ X ] Fired

Bio

Felisha, 29, earned a B.S. in Aviation Human Factors and Systems from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, and then traveled to Atlanta where she was contracted to do research for the Federal Aviation Administration. In 2001, she took the opportunity to assist an Illinois-based real estate company in its growth.

She quickly learned management and development, and started her own development companies: 4010 Washington, Mason Management and Mason Hotels. She currently owns real estate throughout the U.S., and recently purchased a 100-room hotel development in Lafayette, La.

Originally from Middleton, Idaho, Felisha's motivations for success are her twin brother, two other siblings, and deceased parents. Her passions are flying (she is a pilot) and racing sailboats.

Up Close

What is your favorite music?

Country (#1 - Jo Dee Messina. Whenever I'm down, I put on her greatest hits CD) and Pop

What are your favorite books?

"Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum" and "Grace Under Pressure" - great books for any woman in the 21st century! "The Davinci Code" was pretty good too.

What are your favorite TV shows?

"CSI," "Oprah" and (of course) "The Apprentice"

What are your favorite movies?

"Pearl Harbor," "Gettysburg" and "The Shawshank Redemption"

Interview

When will you consider yourself "a success"?

I already consider myself a success. My parents have taught me everything I need to know about the importance of life, and I live it every day.

How would you describe your leadership style?

I certainly know when to stand up and lead; I also know when to let others who may have strengths I do not possess lead. I encourage, but I am tough; I demand a lot from my employees. In return, I give a lot, and at the end of the day I believe they feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in the work they do for me. If they do not want to give it their all, they do not work for me for very long.

How do you deal with personal and professional challenges?

Wow! What a loaded question! My personal challenges are . . . well . . . personal. However, my business challenges I meet head-on. I thrive on the challenges, not on problems. Problems I alleviate - one way or another. Challenges teach me, and I enjoy that. The day I stop learning in my business of real estate development is the day I quit.

What, in your opinion, is the most important quality to have in order to succeed in life and why?

Perspective. Having both of my parents die young put many things in perspective and made me a much greater success in everything I do. I am a better employer, a better friend, a better sister, and a better Christian. Not to sound clich